XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

RE: Mega-Evolved Pokémon: What do you think of the revealed Pokémon and what would you like to see?

I do not see how GF could avoid giving blastoise shell smash for its mega... I hope they don't but it seems unavoidable. If it did happen mega blastoise would probably end up being one of the biggest threats in the game assuming that it gets substantial boosts in its stats. With mega charizard I'm hoping it gets a speed boost too, as its slimmer body and wings on the arms would suggest so. I really hope megacharizard does become very viable competitively

RE: Mega-Evolved Pokémon: What do you think of the revealed Pokémon and what would you like to see?

ChaZanG1 said:
I really hope megacharizard does become very viable competitively

The fact it's easily available in X/Y and has Drought will hopefully make it a viable sun setter.
It also gets a boost in Sp.A, so a sun boosted Fire Blast could prove very dangerous. Considering it's more aerodynamic design, its very possible it could get a boost in speed. Even a raise to 110 base speed could give it a nice boost.

I'm not sure if this has been talked about more, but in terms of stats do we have any knowledge of how Mega evo's stats work?
As in, are the stats rearranged (ex Mega Venusaur gets lowered Atk/SpA, but the points from atk/spA go into Def/SpD), or are the stats just increased in their respective strong departments?

please someone at the xy demo see how mega mewtwo's stats differentiate from normal mewtwo I will pay them in virtual cookies

such as the Pokedex fillers (early bugs, birds and rodents, for example)

Uh

I thought virtually everyone would think these so-called "fillers" deserved megas more than virtually any other pokemon.

Megas should be for giving weaker, unloved pokemon a new punch.

Pokemon like Beedrill, Raticate and Fearow have as many fans as any others.

Well, from what I've seen of mega Pokémon, already strong mon seem to want to get stronger and other Pokémon that can't evolve also seem to want to get stronger, as having a mega evolution seems to be their only chance to evolve.

ChaZanG1 said:
I do not see how GF could avoid giving blastoise shell smash for its mega...

That means they would simply give Blastoise Shell Smash. There is no time when the megaevolution could bring a different learnset into play since they only last till the battle is over.

So the question is rather, will they give it Shell Smash now, even though they didn't when the move was introduced last gen for some reason? (especially considering so many pokemon with shells got it)

P.DelSlayer said:
I'm not sure if this has been talked about more, but in terms of stats do we have any knowledge of how Mega evo's stats work?
As in, are the stats rearranged (ex Mega Venusaur gets lowered Atk/SpA, but the points from atk/spA go into Def/SpD), or are the stats just increased in their respective strong departments?

please someone at the xy demo see how mega mewtwo's stats differentiate from normal mewtwo I will pay them in virtual cookies
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any information on how stats will change, beyond what stats are said to be increased.

I think people have tried to determine Mega Mewtwo's stats, but I don't think they can... the demo doesn't allow you to look at stats apparently.

Bogleech said:
such as the Pokedex fillers (early bugs, birds and rodents, for example)

Uh

I thought virtually everyone would think these so-called "fillers" deserved megas more than virtually any other pokemon.

Megas should be for giving weaker, unloved pokemon a new punch.

Pokemon like Beedrill, Raticate and Fearow have as many fans as any others.
Last I checked, being a filler means you're just filler, meaning you don't get much of anything, especially special treatment...

Megas are being used to give weaker, unloved Pokemon a new punch... the weaker, unloved Pokemon that stand out in unique ways. The generic fillers don't stand out in any way; they all follow the same basic design and all possess very similar move pools all so they can fill the same basic roll in their respective generations. They exist solely to fill up space... so why give them a Mega Evolution? So they can be a stronger filler character?

We know not every Pokemon is getting a Mega Evolution, so why give a Mega Evolution to a generic character with a generic purpose, when they can give them to Pokemon that at least stand out in some way?

My main concern with charizard attempting to primary role of setting up sun is that it confronts the same problem of being ineffective against other weathermons like ninetales, but with a 4x weakness to rock, which is why I hope it gets an effective special setup move, (imagine tail glow or a special dd)

ChaZanG1 said:
My main concern with charizard attempting to primary role of setting up sun is that it confronts the same problem of being ineffective against other weathermons like ninetales, but with a 4x weakness to rock, which is why I hope it gets an effective special setup move, (imagine tail glow or a special dd)

Actually, at the start of the battle, Charizard will always win out a weather match because it must wait till the first turn commences as opposed to the other pokemon activating it right away.

Ohman177 said:
ChaZanG1 said:

Actually, at the star of the battle, Charizard will always win out a weather match because it must wait till the first turn commences as opposed to the other pokemon activating it right away.
We also have to keep in mind other weather mega evos.

Personally I don't like the way the megas are handled for three reasons. The first is most are already OP pokemon. Secondly some could've gotten evos instead. (Mawile and Absol) Finally some just didn't need them or look terrible.

zappy800 said:
Ohman177 said:
Actually, at the star of the battle, Charizard will always win out a weather match because it must wait till the first turn commences as opposed to the other pokemon activating it right away.
We also have to keep in mind other weather mega evos.

Personally I don't like the way the megas are handled for three reasons. The first is most are already OP pokemon. Secondly some could've gotten evos instead. (Mawile and Absol) Finally some just didn't need them or look terrible.

But we don't know of any others right now and we are basing this off of known information.

zappy800 said:
Personally I don't like the way the megas are handled for three reasons. The first is most are already OP pokemon.
Really? I'm pretty sure only Mewtwo and Lucario are OP... Blaziken and Venusaur could be counted, but only with their Dream World abilities... the rest were underpowered to my knowledge...

zappy800 said:
Secondly some could've gotten evos instead. (Mawile and Absol)
True, but there seems to be a bit of strategy involved with the Mega Evo mechanic, such as Mawile leading off with Intimidate before Mega Evolving...

zappy800 said:
Finally some just didn't need them or look terrible.
The same can be said if they were regular evos, but Mega Evos aren't permanent and don't completely overshadow their non-Mega Forms, plus you can only have one Mega Pokemon in a single battle, thus letting the standard forms retain their battle viability.

[split] What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

Like I said in a previous thread on the front page news forum, I've gotten use to the idea of mega evolving but I really wonder if it will impede a pokemons ability to evolve naturally. Like Sableye, Mawile, and Absol...

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]:I moved this post to the relevant forum.*

That depends on if they decide to leave it in the kalos region. They may also decide to give a pokemon an evo scrap, and scrap it's current mega in favor of mega evolving the new evo.

RE: [split] What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

KiKi said:
Like I said in a previous thread on the front page news forum, I've gotten use to the idea of mega evolving but I really wonder if it will impede a pokemons ability to evolve naturally. Like Sableye, Mawile, and Absol...

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]:I moved this post to the relevant forum.*

Considering how they've been talking about Mega Evolution being only found in Kalos, then it may not be too hard to think that some of these Pokemon could potentially evolve in later generations.

Or maybe they could go the full way (this seems unlikely), and have Mega Evolutions for non-fully evolved Pokemon become actual evolutions for them.
This is probably unlikely since it means that some Pokemon (Absol, Mawile) get to keep these new evolutions, but Ampharos who gets a nice type change and everything just goes back to normal.

Theoretically, this is about 2.46% chance of actually happening.

That being said, Mega Mawile should've been a regular evo for Mawile. It looks like a regular evo, and Mawile could really use a permanent evo as opposed to a power-up.
I've actually thought the possibility that Mega Mawile + Absol may have originally been designed as permanent in evos in mind, but eventually were used as Mega Evos instead.

Just realized charizard can still lose weather battles if you don't teach him sunny day. You could send out hippowdon with sandstream wait for charizard to mega evolve and use sandstorm along with other strategies.

I hope that this list from AAPF (All About Pokemon Figure, a Pokemon merchandise blog) posted about Pokemon names trademarked in 2012 turns out to be true. So far, several of the Pokemon on the list have turned out to have mega forms, and at this point it only makes sense that the rest of these Pokemon will mega evolve, too.

Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo
Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross
Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron
Abomasnow

Some of this list corresponds with that fake image that's been floating around of supposed mega evolutions, and that list was probably inspired by this one. This IS a legitimate list of Pokemon who's names were trademarked in 2012.

It is obviously not a complete list, as Venusaur, Blaziken, and Mawile aren't included, but I think there's a pretty good chance that all of these Pokemon will end up mega evolving. What other reason would there be to trademark them?

As for already revealed mega evolutions, I LOVE mega Absol. I can't wait to use it in battle. Mega Blaziken and Lucario are cool as hell, and I like mega Mawile too. I could take or leave mega Kangaskhan, but I really don't care for the mega Kanto starters, mega Mewtwo or mega Ampharos. Overall, I really like the whole concept of Mega Evolution, and if I dislike a certain design, it really doesn;t effect anything in the long run because the Pokemon reverts back to it's normal form after the battle. Mega evolution seems like it will be a really fun mechanic.

Where'd that list you quoted come from?

I'm not sure if this has been answered, but will there be a Mega Evolution for every Pokemon? In the most recent nintendo direct, they just made it sound like a vast number of Pokemon will get one.

It was confirmed that not every Pokémon can Mega Evolve. I hope a lot of them will!

Geomancer said:
I hope that this list from AAPF (All About Pokemon Figure, a Pokemon merchandise blog) posted about Pokemon names trademarked in 2012 turns out to be true. So far, several of the Pokemon on the list have turned out to have mega forms, and at this point it only makes sense that the rest of these Pokemon will mega evolve, too.

Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo
Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross
Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron
Abomasnow

Some of this list corresponds with that fake image that's been floating around of supposed mega evolutions, and that list was probably inspired by this one. This IS a legitimate list of Pokemon who's names were trademarked in 2012.

It is obviously not a complete list, as Venusaur, Blaziken, and Mawile aren't included, but I think there's a pretty good chance that all of these Pokemon will end up mega evolving. What other reason would there be to trademark them?

As for already revealed mega evolutions, I LOVE mega Absol. I can't wait to use it in battle. Mega Blaziken and Lucario are cool as hell, and I like mega Mawile too. I could take or leave mega Kangaskhan, but I really don't care for the mega Kanto starters, mega Mewtwo or mega Ampharos. Overall, I really like the whole concept of Mega Evolution, and if I dislike a certain design, it really doesn;t effect anything in the long run because the Pokemon reverts back to it's normal form after the battle. Mega evolution seems like it will be a really fun mechanic.

I believe that that list was fake, as Mega Venasaur, Blaziken, Mawile, and Pokemon from Gens 4 and 5 are not on the list. They would have revealed the entire list right away, no?

Back