XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

I want a Mega Raticate with a Normal/Poison type combination and the ability Poison Point. My logic behind this is since rats can have rabies, adding the Poison type to Raticate when it Mega Evolves would make it rabid. Also, since a Pokémon with Poison Point poisons the opponent upon contact, Mega Raticate's rabies would spread.

christinaaguilerafan56 said:
I want a Mega Raticate with a Normal/Poison type combination and the ability Poison Point. My logic behind this is since rats can have rabies, adding the Poison type to Raticate when it Mega Evolves would make it rabid. Also, since a Pokémon with Poison Point poisons the opponent upon contact, Mega Raticate's rabies would spread.

Rabies is most associated with bats, worldwide. Second is dogs, third is rodents.

professorlight said:
P.DelSlayer said:
-Mega Meganium to Grass/Fairy - Meganium's overall shtick seems more Fairy-oriented and it provides a nice thing

Meganium is a dinosaur, dragon is the way to go. Though some fairy type moves would be okay.

Except Meganium's powers and everything - having a soothing aroma and reviving dead plants - seem like they'd be much more associated with Fairy than anything else.
To be honest, it could go either way, but I think it would be Grass/Fairy.

I would like to see a Mega Rapidash, make it turn into a fire pegasus. Have it be fire/flying with inscreased Attack stat. Maybe giving it the ability Drought, I think that would be quite nice to see.

Niku said:
I would like to see a Mega Rapidash, make it turn into a fire pegasus. Have it be fire/flying with inscreased Attack stat. Maybe giving it the ability Drought, I think that would be quite nice to see.

The thing is, we already have a Mega Fire/Flying with Drought and another seems a bit reductive since there is gonna be one that does the job better.

Give it Fire/Fairy and a different ability - one new one I thought would be interesting would be something like 'Heat Gallop' which gives priority to Fire moves (ala Gale Wings) or Eruptilize which makes all Normal moves Fire.

It gives Rapidash an interesting niche, and Fire/Fairy is an interesting type for it to gain whilst still keeping with the mythical-Pegasus theme.

P.DelSlayer said:
Niku said:

The thing is, we already have a Mega Fire/Flying with Drought and another seems a bit reductive since there is gonna be one that does the job better.

Give it Fire/Fairy and a different ability - one new one I thought would be interesting would be something like 'Heat Gallop' which gives priority to Fire moves (ala Gale Wings) or Eruptilize which makes all Normal moves Fire.

It gives Rapidash an interesting niche, and Fire/Fairy is an interesting type for it to gain whilst still keeping with the mythical-Pegasus theme.
I like that alot more, and fire/fairy is quite interesting :3

Mega Farfetch'd would be pretty cool. I've always liked him - he just doesn't get much attention. I can perfectly understand that though; he doesn't even have any evos.

A Mega Farfetch'd would probably be a little samurai-looking. Bigger, bulkier and it might have the stick (or is it like a leek or something?) it carries as some kind of a sword. Some shoulder armor would be pretty cool too. :3

90% of the people who want a Mega Rapidash want it to be Fire/Fairy. I really don't see the point in that. Why would a horse/Pegasus/whateveryouwantittobe be part fairy?

It seems like ever since they introduced fairy, people have been hoping for it to be added to a ton of pokemon, old and new, that don't even need it/aren't even related to fairies. I know that it's the least common type as of now and we need more, but calm down with all the fairies, people!

That being said, I believe I missed a few megas in my original comment...
Mega Staraptor - Flying/Fighting (We need at least one bird to get a mega evolution...)
Mega Arcanine - Fire
Mega Luxray - Electric/Dark
Mega Yanmega - Bug/Dragon
Mega Gallade - Psychic/Fighting (This should have happened already.)
Mega Mismagius - Psychic/Ghost OR Psychic/Fairy (I'll be very happy either way, and before you call me a hypocrite, realize that Mismagius actually deserves it.)
Mega Volcarona - Bug/Fire
Mega Ursaring - Normal
Mega Feraligatr - Water/Ice

At this point I'm really just mentioning ideas that I wish would've happened but never did and pokemon that should have been typed differently and have the chance to with a mega evolution.

I'd love to see a Mega Evolution for Xatu, that way I can set him up as a Lead in a Double Battle to Mega Evolve him and use Trick Room on the same turn and I wouldn't even need to worry about it getting stopped due to Magic Bounce If it's able to keep the ability after Mega Evolving while gaining extra bulk in it's Base Stats with the possibility of losing it's Flying Type.

I really wanted Mega Gyarados to be Water/Dragon instead of Water/Dark since it made sense for Mega Charizard X to be Fire/Dragon from Fire/Flying right? I still think it sucks that Mega Gengar is still Ghost/Poison instead of Ghost/Fighting to help cover it's weakness to Dark much easier while getting STAB for Focus Blast, oh well. Those are my only nitpicks with what Game Freak has chosen with the current Mega Evolution choices thus far.

Jakeremix said:
90% of the people who want a Mega Rapidash want it to be Fire/Fairy. I really don't see the point in that. Why would a horse/Pegasus/whateveryouwantittobe be part fairy?

It seems like ever since they introduced fairy, people have been hoping for it to be added to a ton of pokemon, old and new, that don't even need it/aren't even related to fairies. I know that it's the least common type as of now and we need more, but calm down with all the fairies, people!

Fairy can equal mythical.

Pegasus is mythical.

Do the math yourself.

P.DelSlayer said:
Jakeremix said:

Pegasus is mythical.

Do the math yourself.

So two beings equal each other because they share a trait? lol

Jakeremix said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Pegasus is mythical.

Do the math yourself.

You seem to be taking the term Fairy too seriously.

If Mawile can be a Fairy, then I see no reason why a Pegasus couldn't.

edit:
Card Slinger J said:
I really wanted Mega Gyarados to be Water/Dragon instead of Water/Dark since it made sense for Mega Charizard X to be Fire/Dragon from Fire/Flying right? I still think it sucks that Mega Gengar is still Ghost/Poison instead of Ghost/Fighting to help cover it's weakness to Dark much easier while getting STAB for Focus Blast, oh well. Those are my only nitpicks with what Game Freak has chosen with the current Mega Evolution choices thus far.

why would Gengar of all things gain the Fighting type...?
If its type changed at all, then Ghost/Dark is easily the most fitting type for it.

Heck, I can even see Ghost/Psychic before Ghost/Fighting.

If I could add in Megas, I would do something along the lines of these guys.
Mega Nidoking/Nidoqueen: Poison/Fighting
Mega Hitmonchan/lee/Top: Fighting
Mega Porygon-Z: Normal/Electric
Mega infernape: Fire/Dragon or Fire/Fighting
Mega Dusknoir: Ghost/Dark
Mega Conkeldurr: Fighting/Rock
Mega Darmanitan: Fire/Dark

P.DelSlayer said:
Jakeremix said:

You seem to be taking the term Fairy too seriously.

If Mawile can be a Fairy, then I see no reason why a Pegasus couldn't.

Mythical creatures are more used by dragon than fairy, but a pegasus seems more related to magic, therefore fairy is more fitting.

But still, for a pegasus, flying should take precedence over fairy.

P.DelSlayer said:
edit:
Card Slinger J said:

If its type changed at all, then Ghost/Dark is easily the most fitting type for it.

Exactly; what the hell?
Competitive battling is kinda relevant, but I think you lost track of priorities here.

I guess I don't even know what fairies are. The fairy types we have as of now are VERY diverse, and they don't all share common traits. As much as I hoped for Snubull/Granbull to be pure fairy, they really stand out when you compare them to others like Florges, Sylveon, Clefable, etc. And then we have others like Carbink. I understand how it could be part fairy, but when you put it next to the others, it doesn't seem very fitting. Mawile didn't even shock me. I really do think it looks like a fairy, but maybe I'm wrong?

I'll drop it because this is a mega evolution discussion, but I don't understand what traits a fairy-type has, similar to how others are questioning what the normal-type really is due to the types of Litleo and Helioptile.

In regards to Mega Gengar, it looks Ghost/Psychic more than anything. I don't understand how Mega Gengar even holds onto that typing when it doesn't even look like a poison type anymore. He even has a third eye!

Jakeremix said:
I guess I don't even know what fairies are. The fairy types we have as of now are VERY diverse, and they don't all share common traits. As much as I hoped for Snubull/Granbull to be pure fairy, they really stand out when you compare them to others like Florges, Sylveon, Clefable, etc. And then we have others like Carbink. I understand how it could be part fairy, but when you put it next to the others, it doesn't seem very fitting. Mawile didn't even shock me. I really do think it looks like a fairy, but maybe I'm wrong?

In regards to Mega Gengar, it looks Ghost/Psychic more than anything. I don't understand how Mega Gengar even holds onto that typing when it doesn't even look like a poison type anymore. He even has a third eye!

From what I can gather, the Fairy type seems to be associated with mythical, magical and cutesy (partly the reason some people didn't like the idea).

And agreed, Mega Gengar really should be Ghost/Psychic. Not only does it look the part with the third eye, Poison doesn't even fit Gengar as a concept - I'm pretty sure it was given it originally to help balance it out. If Gengar was released in a later generation, I'm sure it would've been given Ghost/Dark.

~back on topic~
One Mega I really wanna see is Mega Froslass. She's always been one of my favorites, and a Mega for her would be great. Give her Snow Warning and she turns into a Hail-starting-Spiker-spinblocker.

Jakeremix said:

I'll drop it because this is a mega evolution discussion, but I don't understand what traits a fairy-type has, similar to how others are questioning what the normal-type really is due to the types of Litleo and Helioptile.

Snubull and granbull are a stupid mistake, GF put itself against the wall by dubbing them the "fairy" species, and now we have those atrocities, so don't take them as representatives of the fairy type, they are more like the person cousin of the fairy family.
Carbink is a carbuncle, a fairy with a gemstone in it's head which appeared in a book by borges, that book alone has fairy types for generations to come.

The primary normal I think is because the element doesn't define the pokemon as much as the creature, ponyta is not the same as litleo, or mareep is not the same as helioptile, in that we can trace the connection between animal and element , but in litleo, helioptile, girafarig, deerling, etc the thing is more haphazard, like how they could have been a lot of things, not only their respective elements.

professorlight said:
P.DelSlayer said:
edit:

Exactly; what the hell?
Competitive battling is kinda relevant, but I think you lost track of priorities here.

Yeah sorry If it seemed out of the blue that a Ghost/Fighting Type for Mega Gengar doesn't make much sense and it doesn't, but P.DelSlayer was right either Ghost/Dark or Ghost/Psychic would've made more sense for Mega Gengar instead of Ghost/Fighting. Even then keeping it's Type the same being Ghost/Poison was the better decision in the long run to enable Mega Gengar to counter Fairy Types more efficiently like with Sludge Bomb.

P.DelSlayer said:
Jakeremix said:

From what I can gather, the Fairy type seems to be associated with mythical, magical and cutesy (partly the reason some people didn't like the idea).

And agreed, Mega Gengar really should be Ghost/Psychic. Not only does it look the part with the third eye, Poison doesn't even fit Gengar as a concept - I'm pretty sure it was given it originally to help balance it out. If Gengar was released in a later generation, I'm sure it would've been given Ghost/Dark.

~back on topic~
One Mega I really wanna see is Mega Froslass. She's always been one of my favorites, and a Mega for her would be great. Give her Snow Warning and she turns into a Hail-starting-Spiker-spinblocker.

The Gastly line is Poison type because they're made out of toxic gas, and tend to suffocate or put people to sleep with their own matter (source: PokeDex entries) It's not out of the blue, and it's actually as much a concept thing as it was first gen balance.

I think I would have liked to see Mega Gengar with a type change anyway. That third eye definitely is a nod in that direction.

Eevee needs one imo. Eevees unstable DNA doesn't allow it to, stably, evolve by normal means. His DNA changes to evolve into other things, but the Mega Stone could act as a dissonator, and allow Eevee to reach his TRUE form, for a time..

:3

Back