Mega Steelix, Mega Glalie, U.S. OR/AS Demo, and More! [10/14]

Unexpected tbh.

Now, waiting each type confirmation.

Imagine if M. Steelix is fairy now..

I love the new Mega Pokémon. It's not quite what I expected, but still awesome. I hope Glalie will gain the Dark-type upon mega evolving. I always thought it fit him. The "diamonds" on Steelix's body look pretty awesome as well. I am definitely planning on using both of them in OR/AS (all part of my never ending rotation team; there are too many amazing Pokémon and Mega Evolutions now).

I'm considering breeding a shiny Glalie for my playthrough.

His Goominess said:
Ngl, Mega Glalie is terrifying.

It's mouth is too big. It looks like it could swallow anything in one gulp.

But I do like Mega Steelix's design. It looks pretty cool.

My god, what's up with those weirdo designs? Also, I'm not that happy with Mega Lati twins, not really impressed with them.

Lolz, I have to say I love that Mega Steelix design. Mega Glalie is nice looking too, maybe it will follow Froslass's example and get the ghost typing...which means we might see a Mega Froslass too.

Mega Steelix looks awesome with the '' special mega symbol colors stones on his body '' maybe Steelix is now a Steel/Fairy type.
Mega Glalie looks like a bad Pacman, but I like his design. I guess the type is now Ice/Dark or still pure Ice.

I want more Megas in the new trailer you see Shiftry and Milotic again... And Shroomish in a battle with Mega Glalie. So will there Megas for them? :D

Now that Gallade and Gardevoir both have a Mega Evolution I am convinced Froslass will have one too. I hope we'll get it in ORAS and not the next set of games. :p

I like Mega-Steelix design except for those swirling peebles. Aside from that I would like to read an explanation about the blue color...is it from some ores?

The only thing I dislike in Mega-Glalie is those pointy edges/surface in it's body that remind me too much of Ferroseed, because aside from that is very menacing and awesome.

M.Rayquaza's new artwork reveals that unfortunately it still wears lipstick and it now looks even more Dragon Ball themed. Btw, mustache-like yellow strips sure but yellow strips that look like ponytails and make you look girly, no. :rolleyes:

I said DAMN when I saw those two brand-new Megas! But Steelix has to be the best one so far, with those floaty diamond-like shards, and especially the fact that its rock-like protrusions have evolved to become rainbow-diamond spikes.

Glalie also looks super, being more demonic and freaky. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Ice/Dark type with that appearance of his. I wonder what other Megas we might get to see eventually with the Demo now being released and such.

Mega Glalie better have a second typing. Otherwise it'll still completely suck and nobody will ever use it seriously. Thanks, broken type chart!

First Pidgeot and now STEELIX...all my faves are getting Mega evolutions! Steelix looks wickedly badass. More hyped than ever for these games now!

Also, Mega Glalie remains pure Ice-type and its ability is Refrigerate, and Mega Steelix's is Sand Force.

Too bad Glalie isn't getting an additional type. He's still a nice Pokémon, though. I wonder why they gave him Refrigerate. Explosion with STAB or Facade could work, but one destroys himself and the other requires a status condition (without being able to use Toxic/Flame Orbs). Return is not that much stronger than Ice Beam, though it does allow him to become more of a physical attacker.

The ability doesn't seem like a great boost and he doesn't get a new type for extra STAB coverage. A bit disappointed, but still liking the Mega.

so from this demo leak it looks like Mega Glalie stays pure Ice, and gets Refrigerate.
https://twitter.com/Magnaneix/status/522048327861284865

Anyone able to calculate its base stats from the ingame stats in that screen?

edit: Greninja'd

Disappointing Mega Glalie isn't Ice/Dark. ;-;

By the way, can anyone notice any difference with the Mega Lati@s? I know about eyes, but I remember once, someone said another difference is the heads.

Back