• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Meganium Prime (The Underdog grass deck)

ProfessorDiablo

Aspiring Trainer
Everybody has decks featuring typhlosion prime and feraligatr prime, but what about Meganium prime? I wanted to create a deck centered around this card and give the grass starter a deck. Its more or less a remake of the Venasaur/Exeggutor deck from Base set. This is a very rough decklist but it has worked well so far. keep in mind that typhlosion and feraligatr are used for one reason, theyre simply better cards. keep this in mind that this deck may not make it to worlds, but is a ton of fun to play.

Pokemon:28

chikorita-3
bayleef-2
meganium prime-3
tangela-4
tangrowth-4
caterpie-2
metapod-2
sunkern-2
sunflora-2
chansey-2
blissey-2

trainers/supporters:12

prof. oak's theory-2
prof. elm's training method-2
interviwer's questions-2
pokemon communication-2
pokemon collector-2
seeker-2

energy:14

{G} grass-14

the theme of this deck is to use meganium prime to freely move energies around and set up. He can be used as a secondary attacker doing 80 damage for 4 energies. this is mainly to stall until you pull out tangrowth and move all energies onto him. it has an attack called grind which lets you do 20 damage times the numbers of energies attached. this way you can do some very high damage in a single turn.

since tangrowth and meganium are both grass types, you can use sunflora's pokebody to draw a grass pokemon from your deck each turn for a fast setup. and with metapod on your bench, his pokebody allows you to give all of your grass pokemon no weakness (this has worked well against typhlosion/emboar/reshiram decks).

lastly blissey prime heals all damage from all your pokemon when he evolves. however you must discard all energies attached to the damaged pokemon so use meganium to move them before healing and then move them right back. and with seeker you can return him to your hand again and continue healing.

you may want to include a cleffa or pichu to draw cards, twins or blackbekt or flower shop lady to make a comback, burned tower to recover discarded energies, or even take out some energies. tell me what you guys think and hope you have fun!

I thin you run too much pokemon and with that cact too less Trainers.
I also would add Vileplume too lock your opponents catcher and more importantly rare candys.

You also need a counter against reshiram decks in any other case reshiram would burn down all of the grasses.
For the counter i would recommentsome beartics or samurott. Samurott can ohko an full healed reshiram for 3 energies so i would prefer this one.

Back