• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Megaterra!

Select the ones that you think are useless to Megaterra 2.

• Total voters

Berquet50

~レシラム~
Hey. I am not into hardcore competitive gameplay because I live in Turkey and there are no tournaments here, but I recently signed up for the TCGO closed beta, and I've come up with a great grass deck. I've won against all AI, and I am 3-1 against real people. I want to make my deck better, so I wanted beach to help :)

I've removed one Bayleef and made it a 3-3-2 Meganium, when I get a Meganium I will make it 3-3-3, also I am searching for meganium primes in the game too. Also, Pinsir's 60 damage is cool IMO, so I am keeping it. I like Scyther's afterimage strike and the possibility of 50% immunity, but I decided to remove the other scyther. I've added Tropius UD, which can heal 60 damage from a benched pokemon for only {G}, also has 90 HP. so it is cool too. I've added an Emcee's Chatter to enhance the drawing power. Also added an Engineer's Adjustments, because of surplus energy, this card was a great way to enhancee drawing power. Added a SSU. Lastly, I've added a Rescue energy to spice things up in the same manner. Removed 3 {G} to make it a 60-card-deck.

3 Chikorita HGSS
3 Bayleef HGSS
2 Meganium HGSS

3 Turtwig UL
3 Grotle UL
2 Torterra UL

2 Tropius UL
1 Tropius UD

1 Scyther UD (36/90)

1 Pinsir UD

3 Caterpie HGSS
2 Metapod HGSS
1 Butterfree HGSS

27 Pokemon (-1)

1 Dual Ball
2 Pluspower
1 Super Scoop Up
2 Potion
1 Bill
2 Copycat
1 Emcee's Chatter
1 Engineer's Adjustments
2 Interviewer's Questions
2 Proffesor Oak's New Theory
1 Sage's Training

16 Trainers (+3)

1 DCE
1 Rescue
15 Grass

17 Energy (-2)
2 Meganium HGSS

3 Turtwig UL
3 Grotle UL
2 Torterra UL

2 Tropius UL

1 Scyther UD (36/90)
1 Scyther UD (65/90)

1 Pinsir UD

3 Caterpie HGSS
2 Metapod HGSS
1 Butterfree HGSS

28 Pokemon

1 Dual Ball
2 Pluspower
2 Potion
1 Bill
2 Copycat
2 Interviewer's Questions
2 Proffesor Oak's New Theory
1 Sage's Training

13 Trainers

1 DCE
18 Grass

19 Energy

Main strategy is to get Tropius' Green Call and grow Meganium and Torterra on the bench. Metapod's Poke-Body negates the weakness of grass-type, Pinsir is 60 damaging Basic, etc. Meganium and Torterra can attack with 60 and 80 respectively and Meganium can heal 20 while hitting 30 and Torterra hits 40 and heals equal to damage.
Well I know it is not a properly formed and the perfect deck, but it has the potential to be good. I know I need more DCE's, I am trying to get them in the game, so please give me advice about which step should I take to make my deck better. Thanks!

One simple question:
Why 4 Bayleef?!! It doesn't make sense that the stage 1 amount is more than the basic.

Why do you Run 3/4/2 Meganium ? Why theese :

1 Scyther UD (36/90)
1 Scyther UD (65/90)
1 Pinsir UD

?

19 Energies is too much. Remove at least 6 Grass. Trainer Cards are the most importannt things in a Pokémon Deck ! Try to look other Decks there, and think about this.

Dratiny said:
Why do you Run 3/4/2 Meganium ? Why theese :

1 Scyther UD (36/90)
1 Scyther UD (65/90)
1 Pinsir UD

?

19 Energies is too much. Remove at least 6 Grass. Trainer Cards are the most importannt things in a Pokémon Deck ! Try to look other Decks there, and think about this.
IMO the amount of energy in a deck depends on how bulky the attack cost is and how often a deck discards the energies. For a bulky beast deck like Megaterra I think that 19-20 energies are okay.

That makes sense too. when I play I never found energies too much. Torterra needs 4, Meganium needs 3.

UPDATE=I edited few things and stated why, please comment on MT2!

I know this sounds crazy but why not max out on DCE and run a Serperior line over Meganium Prime? That way you can heal Torterra with Royal Heal while also being able to transfer {G} over to Torterra with Leaf Tornado since you run alot of {G} in this deck.

You also have too many 1 and 2 of's, run like 3-4 copies of cards mostly for your Trainers/Supporters like 4 Pokemon Communication, 4 PONT, 3-4 Collector, maybe take a couple Grass Energies out for some Rescue to make up for not running Flower Shop Lady. I'd also max out on Switch to get around the Retreat costs.

I wouldn't go for running Butterfree, just run at least 1-1 or 2-2 Metapod HGSS to get around {R} Weakness. I also noticed you're lacking a Starter Pokemon, run like 3-4 of them either Stantler UL,
Cleffa HGSS/CoL, or Smeargle UD/CoL.

Back