Meowstic, Relaxing Teaser from Supercharged Breaker!

Why is Boss's rotation even being discussed? Ghetsis got a print in the G block, and Prime Catcher is in H. The effect isn't going anywhere for at least a couple years.

It is.

With that much effort you might aswell just assemble pidgeot ex and achieve the same thing
I don't really understand the Pidgeot ex comparison tbh. Pidgeot ex is a Stage 2 with a once-per-turn deck search ability, while Meowstic is a Stage 1 with Boss' Orders as an ability. They're completely different cards.

Despite the high asking price, gusting effects are always worth a look and this one is no different. Relaxing Teaser is just a worse Wait and See Hammer but Meowstic giving it use after the first turn means it might actually be worth using.

It turns all your Arven into gusting cards. Your Noctowl can now find Relaxing Teaser and free up your Supporter for turn for something else. It's not an auto-include in every deck, or even most decks, I think, but the use cases are there. It'll see play for sure.

I don't really understand the Pidgeot ex comparison tbh. Pidgeot ex is a Stage 2 with a once-per-turn deck search ability, while Meowstic is a Stage 1 with Boss' Orders as an ability. They're completely different cards.

Not really.

To do a gust with this card you need:

The basic, the stage 1 and the item

To do a gust with pidgeot ex you need:

The basic, the stage 2 & 1 candy

----------------
So 1 basic, 1 evolution card and 1 item card for each. It takes the same exact amount of effort, except that pidgeot ex is a superior card in every way, shape or form. Pidgeot has more hp, no retreat cost, the attack comes up in some MU's, it grabs any card and it can do more than gusting.

"But is a stage 1 and pidgeot is a stage 2" is completely irrelevant at the second the stage 1 needs an item to function. At that point, the candy is the same as the item you need fpr meowstic.

The comparison is quite valid.

Last edited:
Despite the high asking price, gusting effects are always worth a look and this one is no different. Relaxing Teaser is just a worse Wait and See Hammer but Meowstic giving it use after the first turn means it might actually be worth using.

It turns all your Arven into gusting cards. Your Noctowl can now find Relaxing Teaser and free up your Supporter for turn for something else. It's not an auto-include in every deck, or even most decks, I think, but the use cases are there. It'll see play for sure.
You have to assemble this and assemble noctowl every turn. Is an absurd asking price.

You are better off focusing on noctowls lines and using counter catcher and prime catcher.

You don't need to gust more than twice a game usually, anyway. The use cases aren't even real, the card is quite weak and i'm 100% certain it won't see any regional or above success.

Last edited:
Reactions: PMJ
I’d push back on that a bit, I thought it was fun to have to work a bit harder for the gust, plus the single custom catcher effect meant that it was never the end of the world if you only had 1 in hand
Nah, if you had to use the single card effect, you were losing the game lol. The problem was that you could never build a gameplan that included gust because it had so much variation that it wasn't reliable.

Not really.

To do a gust with this card you need:

The basic, the stage 1 and the item

To do a gust with pidgeot ex you need:

The basic, the stage 2 & 1 candy

----------------
So 1 basic, 1 evolution card and 1 item card for each. It takes the same exact amount of effort, except that pidgeot ex is a superior card in every way, shape or form. Pidgeot has more hp, no retreat cost, the attack comes up in some MU's, it grabs any card and it can do more than gusting.

"But is a stage 1 and pidgeot is a stage 2" is completely irrelevant at the second the stage 1 needs an item to function. At that point, the candy is the same as the item you need fpr meowstic.

The comparison is quite valid.
Pidgeot does not itself provide gust though, it only searches it out, meaning you need to use up more deck space to utilize gusting cards alongside it. It also requires two cards to evolve turn 2 versus Meowstic needing just one. And Meowstic's item card isn't equivalent to Rare Candy, it's equivalent to a gusting card itself, and it being an item creates a ton of combos with things like Arven, Pokestop, Iono, etc.

Of course, Pidgeot can be used to search out any card, not just gust, and that's such a good ability that decks which play Pidgeot right now will likely have no need to play Meowstic. Pidgeot doesn't fit into every deck though, and its overall functionality is pretty different, so it doesn't directly outclass Meowstic.

Boss not getting a reprint would be incredible.
But replacing Boss a benchhogger that every deck would have to run would be equally awful.
Just reprint Custom Catcher.
Custom Catcher becoming a guaranteed staple going forward would definitely be interesting.

This is going to be a hot take, and definitely doesn't hold up from a card viability health perspective, but from a skill perspective, I preferred Gust of Wind to Boss's Orders, at least in Base-Fossil and Prop 15/3 (The formats where the broken trainers like Oak and Computer Search found their balance due to not being exacerbated by a slew of unbridled draw supporters and Dark Vileplume, both of which reward shoveling through your deck), since your ability to play it when you need it depends on your resource management skills and not on whether you had to play a Trainer to draw it. It gate kept or punished certain kinds of decks, but it made the card more skillful. Granted, that skill impression was revealed in what Pokémon people chose to bench or hold on to, when you pulled the trigger and played/Computer Searched for/Item Finder'd for Scoop Up, and/or when you discarded Energy with Pokémon Center, and having viable cards in Base-Fossil or Prop 15/3 that could shuffle Pokémon back into the deck would throw off the first of those three dynamics, so I would never wish we get Gust of Wind in modern formats even if I didn't care about what cards would get gate kept, but still... from a purely skill perspective, in that historical context, not restricting Gust of Wind felt better than making it a Supporter card in modern formats.

At the very least, I like the fact this Meowstic can turn that card that becomes dead after turn 1 into fuel for a useful effect... or if you look at it the other way, the card that enables Meowstic can also be used to delay your opponent by a turn on important occasions. Luxray Lv.X felt more compact, though. You could just throw a 1-1 line into your deck, even if you didn't have space for Poké Turn, and the best part was that it could serve as a free retreat pivot, too.

Boss' Orders does still have a year to go, but the speculation of it's not getting reprinted does have some merit. They're printing slightly (some strictly) worse versions of it lately (Shauntal, Lisia, etc).

I do believe they will reprint it on the oncoming Team Rocket set (Giovanni), but I guess it's 50/50.

Pidgeot does not itself provide gust though, it only searches it out, meaning you need to use up more deck space to utilize gusting cards alongside it. It also requires two cards to evolve turn 2 versus Meowstic needing just one. And Meowstic's item card isn't equivalent to Rare Candy, it's equivalent to a gusting card itself, and it being an item creates a ton of combos with things like Arven, Pokestop, Iono, etc.

Of course, Pidgeot can be used to search out any card, not just gust, and that's such a good ability that decks which play Pidgeot right now will likely have no need to play Meowstic. Pidgeot doesn't fit into every deck though, and its overall functionality is pretty different, so it doesn't directly outclass Meowstic.
The item card is the same as candy the first time as it effectively does nothing.

Evolving meowstic t1, achieves a whole bunch of nothing so requiring candy to evolve pidgeot is a non issue as evolving meowstic does a whole bunch of nothing.

The gust card itself has value as its own card, so it cannot be compared to a brick combo piece which has more in common to candy. Moreover, pidgeot guarantees the gust, with meostic you need another support mon.

Of course it outclasses tbis bad card that won't see any relevant competitive play

Back