Mew; rare or too common?

blazikenrocks

Blaziken Maniac
Is the mew card rare because it's legendary and Promo? Or is it all-too common because they are in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew DVD's, special packs and from on-line trades and more?

According to his post... a promo one in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew DVDs >_>

Anything can be obtainable as long as you can afford it. This will especially be common since it's packed in though, so it won't be really valuble.

There is ONE Mew that is scare. But I suppose that wouldn't be enough for you guys.

I think it depends on which mew card. I know people who have loads and loads of the ancient mew cards. I used to get them as a freebie sometimes when I ordered something off ebay from this seller. The mew ex from LM is a bit harder to get. I rarely see this card sell cheaply. That is probably because of demand though, not rarity.

Nah i'd say Groundon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are even more common. They hardly seem like legendaries since most of their cards suck and are fairly easy to obtain.

Broken Pokemon EX said:
Nah i'd say Groundon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are even more common.  They hardly seem like legendaries since most of their cards suck and are fairly easy to obtain.

All of the modified Groudon EXs, Kyogre EXs, and Rayquaza EXs (and *) are great.

Groudon (CG) is a great backup attacker in decks that deal with multiple energy attachments per turn, most commonly Meganium. It's retreat cost can get in the way but it has a nice attack and PokeBody.

Groudon EX (NP) is a decent tech. With so much Rayquaza EX d out there, especially in Destiny, it's not uncommon to find yourself in a Matchup against any sort of Rayquaza. This easily kicks in Frenzy, and don't forget the less popular Kyogre. 70 for two energy isn't bad, and 100 for 3 is good, though the drawback is pretty bad. It's worth it if you can get the Strength Charm on it to OHKO Ray EX d.

Kyogre (CG), like Groudon EX (CG), is an awesome backup attacker. Some decks run Steelix with Meganium, and Kyogre can be get the job done just as well. I wouldn't say it's better than Steelix, but it does have its advantages. Being Basic means an instant setup, less energy cost means more speed, and free retreat means it won't get in the way of your start.

Kyogre EX (NP) is a lot like Groudon. It's attacks are much better, but usually the only time Frenzy will be triggered is when a Rayquaza EX d is played, which Kyogre is weak to. Other than that, it's great.

Rayquaza EX (DX) is probably best known for its role in ZRE. It's lost a bit of potential since then, but with the return of Firestarter Blaziken its beginning to show up in someplaces again. There's Rayquaza* still, but this is faster.

Rayquaza* is just beastly. Again, Firestarter Blaziken can do really well with it as far as support goes. It's not as reliable as Rayquaza EX (DX), but when it gets its chance to shine it can literally win you the game instantly.

Rayquaza EX (NP) is alright too. If Groudon or Kygore were built like this, they would be much better. Unfortunately, no one plays Groudon or Kyogre as a main part of their deck. The good thing about this card is that it tears up both CG EXs of Groudon and Kyogre. They need that last energy attached to them to attack again, and with it gone theres no way they're attacking again.

Rayquaza d (HP), I just had to throw this in. It's not a bad card at all, it's actually a great tech. Things like Sally EX d and Walrein EX (LM) have very common weaknesses, and Ray d easily gets rid of them. Being delta really helps Casty starts too.

Rayquaza EX d is easily the best out of all of these cards. It's the most flexible out of all of the above and is the only one placed in a modified Archetype. It can be teched in almost anything and is great in decks that could lose the game if hit by surprise. 1 Energy for 50 anywhere and 2 for 70 is just beastly.

So what was that about these cards sucking?

Back