Mewtwo ex, Eevee, and More from “Genetic Apex” Revealed in “Pokemon TCG Pocket” Commercial!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
You can now pre-register for Pokemon TCG Pocket on the Google Play store! The page reveals a new Eevee card and a commercial that reveals a new Mewtwo ex!

Eevee-Pocket-143x200.png

Mewtwo-ex-Pocket-144x200.jpg

It appears Genetic Apex will feature 226 cards in the main set and 60 secret rares for a total of 286 cards.

Pocket-Genetic-Apex-screen-300x169.jpg

Zapdos ex, Venusaur ex, Arcanine ex, Diglett, Dugtrio, Licktung, Jolteon, Flareon, and Whimsicott were revealed:

1280x720-vtime0_49-take2024-08-18-13.27.43-300x169.png

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Good to see a bit more. Was nervous the pack opening demo was the only thing. Can't wait to see the translations and more too.

The word "pocket" continues to hurt my soul with each new art reveal. So disappointing that these pocket cards aren't real don't have very interesting abilities, attack effects, gimmicks, etc. I vastly prefer the gameplay creativity in the physical TCG. I hope to see some improvement in the game design for this, it's just not catching my interest at all.

The word "pocket" continues to hurt my soul with each new art reveal. So disappointing that these pocket cards aren't real don't have very interesting abilities, attack effects, gimmicks, etc. I vastly prefer the gameplay creativity in the physical TCG. I hope to see some improvement in the game design for this, it's just not catching my interest at all.
it's possible that some of the new artwork could also be artwork that didn't make the cut for sets proper / were made pending another artist's work being finished, and it's also entirely possible that some of this art could very well see the light of day on cards you can actually hold in your hands, eventually. i do understand the concern that there might be hesitance to appear to be "recycling" art back out of pocket and into the physical product on their part, though...

The entire point of this game is that it is a simplified, quicker version of the tcg. You seem to not get why this game exists, while simultaneously being in the same vicinity of the point 🤨

The entire point of this game is that it is a simplified, quicker version of the tcg. You seem to not get why this game exists, while simultaneously being in the same vicinity of the point 🤨
Let's be honest, the game exists to get people to log in daily, open their pack(s), and ideally spend their money to fill out their virtual collection faster. It's a cash cow with a side of fast casual gameplay (which I was much more interested in when the game was announced). I do understand the need to simplify the gameplay side to fit the mobile platform, but I really don't think "interesting" and "simple" have to be mutually exclusive. I recognize that this game won't see anything like Phantom Transformation Zoroark, but does the alternative have to be tons of cards that are dreadfully bland? The changes to weaknesses and HP are sensible decisions to make the game more balanced and simple, and the point system does seem fun! It's a great start, but I hope that they show off some cards that look more fun to use. What they have shown up to this point is, in my opinion, lazy card design. I hope I'll be proven wrong once they actually decide to show off some gameplay and more cards.

it's possible that some of the new artwork could also be artwork that didn't make the cut for sets proper / were made pending another artist's work being finished...
I do completely agree with this sentiment. Digital-exclusive or not, it's a fantastic opportunity for the artists to have their art seen by the fans. I suppose time will tell what we end up seeing physically printed.

Back