• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mewtwo EX / Sigilyph

Mrbig

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Beginner

Pokemon: 18

• 3-Mewtwo EX (LT)
    2-Sigilyph (LT)
    1-Mew EX (LT)
    2-Toxicroak EX (FF)
    1-Mr Mime (PF)
    3-Ralts (PS)
    2-Kirlia (PS)
    2-Gardevoir (ND)
    2-Gallade (PS)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 29

• 1-Cilan
    2-Lysandre
    2-Pokemon Center Lady
    3-Professor Sycamore
    2-Virbank City Gym
    1-Energy Retrieval
    3-Evosoda
    4-Float Stone
    4-Hypnotic Laser
    3-Professor's Letter
    3-Rare Candy
    1-Superior Energy Retrieval
Energy: 13

• 2-Double Colorless
    11-Psychic
Strategy:

Use Mewtwo EX or Mew Ex against most other pokemon, use Sigilyph against any EX. Seems to work fairly well, but as I said at the top, Im a beginner. Never even picked up a pokemon card before a month ago. So what do I need to change up? Is my strategy even decent? Thanks for the help!

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

RE: Mewtwo EX/Sigilyph

Your supporters are all fairly weak except for Skyla and Mr. Mime is more of a one of card. Also 16 psychic energies is overkill. 9 is more than enough. You should add in some Professor Juniper/Sycamore and N. 1 Hypno Laser is also pointless, either you run 3-4 or you don't run any at all. Professor's Letter is superior to energy search as well.

-7 Psychic energies
-2 Mr. Mime
-1 Hypnotoxic Laser
-1 Caitlin
-2 Cheren
-3 Energy Search

+4 Professor Juniper/Sycamore
+4 N
+1 Professor's Letter

This leaves you with 7 free spaces.

speedysupersonic said:
Your supporters are all fairly weak except for Skyla and Mr. Mime is more of a one of card. Also 16 psychic energies is overkill. 9 is more than enough. You should add in some Professor Juniper/Sycamore and N. 1 Hypno Laser is also pointless, either you run 3-4 or you don't run any at all. Professor's Letter is superior to energy search as well.

-7 Psychic energies
-2 Mr. Mime
-1 Hypnotoxic Laser
-1 Caitlin
-2 Cheren
-3 Energy Search

+4 N
+1 Professor's Letter

Thanks for the advice.
I kind of agree with three Mr Mime being too many, but it increases the chance of pulling it to protect my bench, right?
Even with 16 psychic energies ive gone through spells of having a very difficult time pulling energy or supporters to assist with pulling energy.

I see N mentioned on alot of deck builds. Isnt N in a set that will soon be rotated out? Am I misinformed?

And what would you recommend doing with the free spaces, more poke, more trainers?

Mrbig said:
speedysupersonic said:

-7 Psychic energies
-2 Mr. Mime
-1 Hypnotoxic Laser
-1 Caitlin
-2 Cheren
-3 Energy Search

+4 N
+1 Professor's Letter

Thanks for the advice.
I kind of agree with three Mr Mime being too many, but it increases the chance of pulling it to protect my bench, right?
Even with 16 psychic energies ive gone through spells of having a very difficult time pulling energy or supporters to assist with pulling energy.

I see N mentioned on alot of deck builds. Isnt N in a set that will soon be rotated out? Am I misinformed?

And what would you recommend doing with the free spaces, more poke, more trainers?

N was reprinted in BW though so it will still be around for a long time. He covered most of the problems. you need better draw supporters, letter is better than cilan, add some proffessor juniper and N probably 3 or 4 of each. You could also run gardevoir since you have no energy acceleration. It makes each psychic energy count as 2 instead of 1 so mewtwo could hit much higher. And you don't need nearly 16 energys as it is, the reason you might have trouble drawing them is probably because of your lack of good draw supporters as we mentioned earlier. Also, I would get rid of the giratinas and tornadus as they aren't very good, and with the extra space you definitely need some switching cards, such as switch, escape rope, or even float stone so that you can switch between mewtwo and sigilyph easily. If you don't add gardevoir you could add garbodor to be annoying and slow down many decks. good luck.

[/quote]

N was reprinted in BW though so it will still be around for a long time. He covered most of the problems. you need better draw supporters, letter is better than cilan, add some proffessor juniper and N probably 3 or 4 of each. You could also run gardevoir since you have no energy acceleration. It makes each psychic energy count as 2 instead of 1 so mewtwo could hit much higher. And you don't need nearly 16 energys as it is, the reason you might have trouble drawing them is probably because of your lack of good draw supporters as we mentioned earlier. Also, I would get rid of the giratinas and tornadus as they aren't very good, and with the extra space you definitely need some switching cards, such as switch, escape rope, or even float stone so that you can switch between mewtwo and sigilyph easily. If you don't add gardevoir you could add garbodor to be annoying and slow down many decks. good luck.
[/quote]

Ok, I think I understand some.
Less energy and more supporters that draw and recover energy (Letter, energy retrieval, energy switch).
More trainers that assist with cheap retreat (escape rope, float stone).

But I still dont totally get the N/Juniper thing. I guess the hope with N is to frustrate your opponent out of cards he has working in his hand? And I guess Juniper is to help turn over your own hand when you have very few cards or cards that arent working at the moment?

Just to help a newbie understand a bit more, the Gardevoir your referring to is from ND and DE? Again arent we looking at those cards rotating out? Or is the thinking that these will be on the legal reprint list when the rotation occurs? Id been told that the rotation to occur around August this year would leave it as only Plasma and up.

And as far as Garbador, its the Biosmog-poison your referring to as annoying and slowing down a deck? Wouldnt the new Toxicroak EX Triple Poison be better or is it the fact that Biosmog poisons and removes an energy?

Deck update:

Experience: Beginner

Pokemon: 18
3-Mewtwo EX (LT)
2-Sigilyph (LT)
1-Mew EX (LT)
2-Toxicroak EX (FF)
1-Mr Mime (PF)
3-Ralts (PS)
2-Kirlia (PS)
2-Gardevoir (ND)
2-Gallade (PS)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 29
1-Cilan
2-Lysandre
2-Pokemon Center Lady
3-Professor Sycamore
2-Virbank City Gym
1-Energy Retrieval
3-Evosoda
4-Float Stone
4-Hypnotic Laser
3-Professor's Letter
3-Rare Candy
1-Superior Energy Retrieval

Energy: 13
2-Double Colorless
11-Psychic

How's this look now? Do I have enough switch with just the 4 floats? Should I only go with 1 VCG? I tried running with 2-3 N's and didnt really like them. If I put them back in what should I boot? Any other overall recommendations of apparent weaknesses?

I would recomend dropping some of the float stones for switches in case you are asleep or paralyzed. I would also recomend getting rid of some evosoda and the cilian for more professor sycamore, N, Colress, and even Shuana. I would also run 4 rare candy because alot of your deck revolves around those stage 2's.

I took the liberty to update your original post with your changes -- make sure to do that next time you update your decklist! Thanks! :D

[/quote]

Ok, I think I understand some.
Less energy and more supporters that draw and recover energy (Letter, energy retrieval, energy switch).
More trainers that assist with cheap retreat (escape rope, float stone).

But I still dont totally get the N/Juniper thing. I guess the hope with N is to frustrate your opponent out of cards he has working in his hand? And I guess Juniper is to help turn over your own hand when you have very few cards or cards that arent working at the moment?

Just to help a newbie understand a bit more, the Gardevoir your referring to is from ND and DE? Again arent we looking at those cards rotating out? Or is the thinking that these will be on the legal reprint list when the rotation occurs? Id been told that the rotation to occur around August this year would leave it as only Plasma and up.

And as far as Garbador, its the Biosmog-poison your referring to as annoying and slowing down a deck? Wouldnt the new Toxicroak EX Triple Poison be better or is it the fact that Biosmog poisons and removes an energy?
[/quote]

Its the trainers/supporter that help get you going faster.
you want to minimize some of the randomness and depending on pure luck.
thats why people use cards like Skyla and UltraBall and LevelBall and Computer Search to go get the specific card they need. you want to be efficient and speedy.
you want to work thru as many cards as you can with each turn. even if it means possibly having to juniper multiple cards in your hand.
remember, it doesn't matter how many cards you have left in your deck, or in your hand if you still loose the game.
try to focus your pokemon. maybe try going with a power game of mewtwo, sigilyph and gardevoir/gallade.

Back