• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mienshao for Cities (Mienshao FFI / Hawlucha)

LoneWolf2113

Now With Sablenite!
Pokémon: 12
  • 4 Mienfoo FFI
  • 4 Mienshao FFI
  • 4 Hawlucha FFI
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 40
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Korrina
  • 2 Tierno
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Fighting Stadium
  • 2 Eco Arm
  • 4 Focus Sash
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 4 Robo Substitute
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
Energy: 8
  • 4 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
Strategy:

Ok so this deck is similar to Donphan from last season. This deck utilizes Mienshao's Aero Turn which does 40 damage for 1 Fighting Energy and returns Mienshao to your hand. You then promote a Robo Substitute or a Pokemon with a Focus Sash to deny your opponent prizes for an incredibly long time. Hawlucha can be used to go after bulky EX Pokemon and has free retreat, allowing you to retreat into Mienshao to attack. Other than that, the deck is simple. We have stuff like Muscle Band for more damage, Eco Arm to recover Muscle Band and Focus Sash, and Level ball to search out any Pokemon in the deck since they all have less than 90 HP. Really the only thing I'm worried about with this deck is the new Judge reprint. Since Mienshao returns to your hand, Judge may be a problem. Overall, I was just looking for a cheap, fun deck to use for upcoming City Championships.

Thanks!
LoneWolf2113

Last edited:
I played against a deck like this last week in league and is a pain in the backside. Yes judge or ace trainer can mess with your deck, but your Korrinas/level balls should keep the Mienshaos flowing. the only recs I have is using super rod to get pokeomon or an energy back or revive which will put the pokemon back on your bench instaed of saced ash. hope this is helpful.

Pokémon: 12
  • 4 Mienfoo FFI
  • 4 Mienshao FFI
  • 4 Hawlucha FFI
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 40
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Korrina
  • 2 Tierno
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Fighting Stadium
  • 2 Eco Arm
  • 4 Focus Sash
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 4 Robo Substitute
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
Energy: 8
  • 4 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
Strategy:

Ok so this deck is similar to Donphan from last season. This deck utilizes Mienshao's Aero Turn which does 40 damage for 1 Fighting Energy and returns Mienshao to your hand. You then promote a Robo Substitute or a Pokemon with a Focus Sash to deny your opponent prizes for an incredibly long time. Hawlucha can be used to go after bulky EX Pokemon and has free retreat, allowing you to retreat into Mienshao to attack. Other than that, the deck is simple. We have stuff like Muscle Band for more damage, Eco Arm to recover Muscle Band and Focus Sash, and Level ball to search out any Pokemon in the deck since they all have less than 90 HP. Really the only thing I'm worried about with this deck is the new Judge reprint. Since Mienshao returns to your hand, Judge may be a problem. Overall, I was just looking for a cheap, fun deck to use for upcoming City Championships.

Thanks!
LoneWolf2113

The only changes I might make is drop the 3rd Muscle Band for a 3rd Eco Arm, and the Sacred Ash for a Super Rod. That list looks pretty solid otherwise!

I personally think a Xerosic should be in here. Your overall damage output is low and things like Giratina/Vileplume will take full advantage of that (specific this deck since Vileplume can slow you down pretty badly and the best you can do is 3HKO it if your Mienshao was lucky enough to have a Muscle Band before it became Vileplume). Xerosic will allow you to slow their Giratina EX's momentum, which will allow you to set up more damage and potentially disrupt their strategy overall. Besides that, it looks solid.

The thing about Super Rod though, is that I never seem to be running out of energy. Don't get me wrong, I love Super Rod a lot. It's crazy good, but I just think Sacred Ash is a bit more efficient.

@Asmer, what would you recommend I remove to make space for a Xerosic?

Thanks!
LoneWolf2113

The thing about Super Rod though, is that I never seem to be running out of energy. Don't get me wrong, I love Super Rod a lot. It's crazy good, but I just think Sacred Ash is a bit more efficient.

@Asmer, what would you recommend I remove to make space for a Xerosic?

Thanks!
LoneWolf2113
Sorry for the late reply! Been a busy day!
Personally, I would simply drop an Enhanced Hammer from him since they do the same thing with the exception that Xerosic can also hit tools and can be recycled via VS Seeker.

It looks like a strong deck overall. But several things may mess up your strategy: Xerosic and Megaphone remove Focus Sash, which turns into a K.O. easily. also deck with Crobat line easily break Sash, and in the area I play Bats are very common

I think you'd be better off dropping a fighting energy for a 4th Fighting Stadium. Winning the Stadium war can be huge, especially when you're adding in an extra 20 damage. I played this deck at my last league challenge and he won by attaching a strong energy, muscle band, and Fighting Stadium for knock out on a Lysandre'd Shaymin EX (it didn't help I was playing M Manectric EX/ice stuff, which is a horrible matchup in my favor).

But I hope you know that for most cities (if not all) Break Through will be legal, which means judge will be legal. The cards you draw from that judge could be life or death for your matchup, if you can't draw into a Korrina or Sycamore, it's pretty much game. So be aware of that when you're playing at cities, but overall good luck! I'll be seeing how GengarEX/Trevenant still holds up.

Back