Miraidon, Koraidon from Supercharged Breaker!

Wow Miraidon you suck. You're pushing a 1-prizer to protect my attacker from getting the business, so Miraidon should help out by making a "just in case" type of attack. Nope, if they got the goods, they got it

The koraidon makes me very happy, having a legit backup attacker in ancient box and fighting weakness without having to play other energy types is great. Needing to attack with something else first is a bit annoying since by the time you're using your second attack of the game, moon is already gonna be hitting these numbers, but hitting weakness and having more options is great imo

Also it doesn't die to amp you very much like walking wake which can be significant

Remember, there were 2 big problems with the old Koraidon. One of them was the fighting energy, the other was 2 retreat cost. This will probably get teched since fighting is a good type to hit for, but won't flat-out replace Walking Wake with a retreat cost like that.

Not like it matters, Ancient Box has been almost straight up floundering since Stellar Crown released.
Hitting a decent chunk of mons weakness + not demanding another energy type is already enough to play. The reason WW replaced Old Koraidon is because neither of them had any perspectives on monswhoopin, this boi has attacking all over his head. Surely his primary job will be landing in the discard pile asap, but when it matters he can actually provide a beating. In all fairness I see a split of 3 WW and 2 Koraidon as an optimal line.

I wouldn’t put it in Raging Bolt though, 2 energy vs 1 energy is too big of a deal imo.

I hope we eventually get more future and ancient ex Pokemon. Time is kinda running out on these guys. Here are the unrepresented mons:
Flutter Mane
Brute Bonnet
Slither Wing
Iron Bundle
Iron Jugulis
Iron Moth
Jugulis got done dirty in this set. When I first saw Stellar Tera Hydreigon ex I thought it was a Colorless Iron Jugulis ex because of the white background.

I have a ruling question on the Koraidon. If I attacked with this Koraidon and it gets KOed during my opponents turn. Will I still get the benefit of the +150 damage if I attack with a new Koraidon?

The Koraidon is gonna be a nice addition to Ancient Box with its first attack since it is two colorless, making it a good follow up to the single prize Moon and introduces better type coverage for that deck. Otherwise, throw it in the bulk bin.

I have a ruling question on the Koraidon. If I attacked with this Koraidon and it gets KOed during my opponents turn. Will I still get the benefit of the +150 damage if I attack with a new Koraidon?
Yes, you would still get the damage boost. If other Koraidon were excluded, it would say so in the attack's effect. Zeraora V's Cross Fist attack has the same type of situation.

9083809354094350703954903548.png

Q: On my last turn, I attacked with Zeraora V's "Cross Fist" attack. If I use a different Zeraora V's "Cross Fist" this turn, will it do extra damage?
A: Yes, that would work.

Chilling Reign FAQ; TPCi Rules Team (2021-06-17)

Dusknoir absolutely trashes this Miraidon. It doesn't just beat it - it completely dismantles whatever strategy you're trying to pull off with that attack.

Just like the amulet ace spec from last week... what an obnoxious card.

Last edited:
Meh, don’t care, next. So far supercharged breaker looking like a real stinker. The SAR Milotic is about the only card worth a dam.

Yes, you would still get the damage boost. If other Koraidon were excluded, it would say so in the attack's effect. Zeraora V's Cross Fist attack has the same type of situation.

View attachment 19946

Q: On my last turn, I attacked with Zeraora V's "Cross Fist" attack. If I use a different Zeraora V's "Cross Fist" this turn, will it do extra damage?
A: Yes, that would work.

Chilling Reign FAQ; TPCi Rules Team (2021-06-17)
Ok cool!!! Thank you!! :)

So that means you should be able to chain 180 per turn on a single prize attacker as long as you set up a new one. THIS IS A GREAT CARD IN ANCIENT BOX!!! In case you just can't hit the numbers yet with Roaring Moon, you can attack with this one in the mean time.

Little bit annoying how they keep giving koraidon more hp and retreat cost than miraidon, like they aren’t direct counterparts of each other. I know tcg doesn’t properly reflect the vg but come on they literally have the same speed and defenses😭

Back