Misprint Pokémon 1st Movie Promo

SuperMatt142

aka @FossilJockeyMG
Ok, so I've had this in my collection since I got it in the theater (don't worry it's always been in a top loader) and I'm just curious if anyone else has seen one of these. I've been trying to find out it's worth by searching Ebay, but I can't find another one.

P1020113.JPG
P1020115.JPG

As you can see, the Pokémon The First Movie logo is upside down and in the lower left of the card instead of the upper right of the artwork.

Comments?

Wow. look srare and valuable. It's as if the paper with the logo they printed it on was up-side down.

That's pretty strange. I'm not a collector so I don't know how much that'd be worth, but that's one strange card.

wow, I've never seen that before. My sister had a base set Ninetails where the 80 dmg was blank.. But that is strange.

You wanna trade for it? :p

That's a pretty rare card. I gotta give you props for keeping it in such amazing condition. I've never seen anything like that before.

Wow this is the first time I seen that Mewtwo..

*although I have seen a Pre-Release exeggutor with that kind of condition.

That Mewtwo will be high price for error card collector

Well I just checked my beckett price guide and it has nothing about a misprint mewtwo in there. It does have misprints in it, just not this one.

Yea, I planned on keeping it. I was just going to see if I could get some info on it. I'll email Beckett and see if I can get some info from them.

That's a neat card. I wouldn't email Beckett about any price value. The only *reasonable* way to get a price is to check Ebay and see what those Promo Mewtwo go for. While it might only be $1-$5, I'd probably tack on a few extra bucks for the misprint. Who knows, maybe if you get lucky and a Mewtwo collector sees the card, they'll offer a nice amount.

when I was young I had a card with that logo printed that way, only some big kid told me it wasn't worth much, I believed him and traded it, but I got something cool in return, and maybe that kid kept it well:)

could you check the back of the card and see if that is also printed upside down? even though it would be illogical, this isn't that usual either.

nice find and i hope it gives you a good trade or some nice money.

If I were you I'd look into getting it PSA graded, to see exactly how mint it is. That could make the value a bit higher, especially if it's graded a perfect 10 gem mint.

Back