Monday, 3/19, American D/P News and Pics, Podcast Episode 1 Info, Hikari and Shinji

RE: Monday, 3/19, American D/P News and Pics, Podcast Episode 1 Info, Hikari and Shin

D/P Sets yes the info about another filler set was false. Yes here comes MetalFrenzy. The Podcast Sounds really cool I'm going to listen it. Character names aren't all that great and I wish the names were the Japanese names.

I don't post much on this forum, but I heard your very first podcast, and I just had to say, I thought it was great. You have some technical issues to deal with like the differences in volume, but it was great for the first. It was much better than Pokegym podcast, and they're already into number 10.

It was great getting to listen to a bunch of average people engaging in some natural, average people conversation about some pretty cool stuff (like Pokemon music:)). Much contrast with the Pokegym podcast that's moderated by a boring, old, nerd and the conversation seems mechanical ("forced") (kind of like something you might hear on National Public Radio) (no offense to the Pokegym guy). Your conversations were fluid, with smooth transitions. It was great that you were able to last over an hour.

You can bet I will download your next podcast. Good Luck!

I'm really looking forward to DP (not looking forward to having to teach new rules to the young and disabled, but otherwise...). Great pics. Looks like it's time to whip out Blaine's Quiz #1!

I wonder what the lack of Pokemon-ex, what effect it will have on the metagame. Do we know the contents of Diamond and Pearl. Of course, there's the Japanese set, but do we have any evidence that the English set will have all the same cards?

Love the cards. Can't wait for this set!

Saw the English name news a while ago, I don't really care for them much.

Wow, the cards look cool, but they seem to have kept the HP format as it is in the japanese cards (that is HP before the value).

But overall, this set looks promising (WOW to 130 cards!)
Has anyone memorised the new names yet? Some of the new names are like tongue twisters...

its so cool that they have those little info stripes on the cards like the old ones

Dawn & Paul??? WT??? Hikari sounds nice so does Shinji, sometimes keeping the japanese names iz better does the name Paul sound like he could be as wicked and cruel as someone named Shinji???

Dawn, yeesh...next it will be dusk...*gags*

Cool, I like the cards & the boosters as well....
It seems that the Empoleon & Lucario has some nice attack & at least now they are giving 10 cards in a booster rather than 9 cards....

RE: Monday, 3/19, American D/P News and Pics, Podcast Episode 1 Info, Hikari and Shin

I've been hearing stuff about an "epic collection" coming out in Europe, and the D/P sets coming out somewhere in august, if that is true (and I think it is) then that means Europe will be at least 1 set behind the US. I don't get why they want to keep Europe and US separated. Not much is known about what the PTCG Europe challenge (like a European version of worlds) is all about, but if it fully replaces words for Europe, then PUSA KILLED international Pokémon TCG. While we get old cards reprinted, USA gets the D/P cards, even if it is just because we get the actual game later, that's no reason to make any future inter-continental PTCG challenges (near) impossible for Europe...
I really hope, wish, ask, demand that PUSA or something/one does something to solve this problem... (even if that means banning epic collection and bringing out 2 sets at once)

Although I'm really angry, sad and disappointed about not getting the cards when the US gets them, and I'll probably just forget about international PTCG and buying a lot of cards anymore, those cards look cool, the boosters-art looks fantastic and the logo looks great, but this just makes me angrier at PUSA...

Anyhow, if I'm not mistaken, I can actually be at the chatroom (cali time+9=my time, so 9+9=18=6 AM) if I wake up really early, but since I will probably not be able to participate in the discussion, I'll get myself a good night sleep instead ;)

It'll be interesting to find out what the 130th card is, as there are only 129 cards in the Japanese PCG DP set. I'd suggest if it was Lucario Lv.X, but that's in DP2, so can't be.

Hmm...a puzzler if ever there was one. Might be the promo Stadium card from Japan.

Paul, I like that, mostly because my name is Paul.

But, those cards look really nice. SO stoked. I'm going to buy a box first day :)

what??? dawn and paul?!!!! lame!
remember that the names of empoleon, torterra and infernapes' last attacks were from the d/p vid games? well, this means that leaf storm and aqua jet won't change, while flare drive will be called flare blitz. THOSE are nice names unlike the characters in the d/p anime :p

The set looks like it will be awesome. Is the price $3.79 for rea? I hope they stay $3.29 for boosters packs and I thought gary was ash's rival and was going to be his rival again when he returns. It sounds pretty interesting and cool too.:)

Back