More Classic Cards Revealed from “Pokemon Trading Card Game Classic” Box Set!

LOT onix fits with both rain dance and energy trans... and charizard's effect too. seems obvious.
I think box sets meant to be standalone game experiences are a great idea, so something like this works as a cool nostalgia version of something like Battle Academy. Featuring the starters is an obvious choice, but it does raise some questions about the gameplay feel. Charizard hits Venusaur for weakness while being hit by Blastoise, so both matchups could end up imbalanced. Luckily, Blastoise is weak to Lightning rather than Grass, so I suspect that will be the "default" play experience.
Venusaur is likely meant to bench sit, and 'stoise hitting for weakness caps at 120HP exactly ;) they new what they were doing when they designed these cards back in the day.

I think the game board and accessories are insanely cool, I would love it if those could be purchased separately for a cheaper price. I really couldn't care less for the arbitrary, goofy nostalgia bait decks though

I think the game board and accessories are insanely cool, I would love it if those could be purchased separately for a cheaper price. I really couldn't care less for the arbitrary, goofy nostalgia bait decks though
My Guess is they will once it comes out. You'll probably still be paying like $50 on the resale market tho :(

Back