Most OP Primal Clash Cards?

TheAussieCreeper

Aspiring Trainer
Hello there everybody. I am new to PokéBeach and I would like to know the opinion of the community! :) Name 3 Primal Clash cards that you think are OP:

1 Ancient Trait card
1 EX (or Primal)
1 Trainer card

I think that the most OP Ancient Trait is Swampert. Please reply! ;)

Primal Kyogre
Primal Kyogre
Kyogre Spirit Link

It mightn't look like that now, but you'll see in a few months that Kyogre will be VERY strong. Heck, it's strong now.

Medicham I feel is the most OP AT. Being able to attack twice, and with a Special + Band + Stadium, you can do two times 90 to EXs.

The most OP EX is either M-Gardy or P-Groudon. Both have access to the good 'ol Spirit Links. The former can hit consistent magic numbers, while P-Groudon is a ridiculous wall, and possibly attacker.

I think the most OP supporter is Teammates. Being affected by knocking out Robo Sub, and allows a free item search... yeah, I think that's enough already...

And the most OP Pokemon would have to be Tentacool. Bench out with your Tentacool's attack, and make the winning shot for your opponent! No shame!

bbninjas said:
I think the most OP supporter is Teammates. Being affected by knocking out Robo Sub, and allows a free item search... yeah, I think that's enough already...

Do you think it being affected by Teammates will be a big deal? Most decks like Donphan that make use of Robo Sub need only want it out there for one turn. If you don't attack it they'll still need to discard it next turn as if you did to get their attacker back out and it won't count as a knock out if they do that. I can only see it being a problem if they were going to hide behind it for multiple turns but why would they?

I really think M-Aggron is going to be something that we might start seeing some checks and counters for.
Especially if decks start being willing to trade in the spirit link for trick coin, I mean very few things can take a 240 smack to the face.

However I think Dive Ball is just the new Plasma ball, and I semi hope we see more ....balls... THERE I SAID IT.

Top pokemon of the set for me is mega gardevoir ex, followed very closely by primal kyogre ex. Mega gardevoir just has so much good support in just fairy garden, aromatisse and xerneas right now that it has everything it needs, along with a prevolution with 2 very usable attacks. whereas primal kyogre ex hits very hard with a fantastic attack and ancient trait, but has 4 retreat cost, can have his damage capped, grass weakness. A few more things can go wrong here. for the non- EX pokemon, i think the best ones from the set are ancient medicham, ninetales, ancient swampert and manaphy. thats about it!

Maximinn said:
bbninjas said:

Do you think it being affected by Teammates will be a big deal? Most decks like Donphan that make use of Robo Sub need only want it out there for one turn. If you don't attack it they'll still need to discard it next turn as if you did to get their attacker back out and it won't count as a knock out if they do that. I can only see it being a problem if they were going to hide behind it for multiple turns but why would they?
Depends on the situation. If delaying an attack would give you a tactical advantage by being able to play Teammates, then there's no reason why you wouldn't do it.

Ancient Trait: The one which lets you attack twice. Even the worst attacks can become broken with this trait (Medicham is probably the best because of strong energy and Machamp).

Primal/EX: Primal Groudon. I've tested this and it's downright evil. Huge HP, can't be affected by trainers, and gets all the support of fighting. It's a card that's well worth the pains it takes to set up. The only problem is getting opponents to agree with what the trait blocks...

Trainer: Team Mates. My favorite card of the set. Getting 2 of any cards is broken regardless of it taking up your supporter and regardless of needing to have something be knocked out. You can actually make toolbox decks centered around this card (as I have). This is one that I expect to be around for as long as it's in format.

Honorable Mentions.

-Mega Gardevoir. Just the mega fairy decks need. It fits right in with Aromatisse and Xerneas.

-Dive Ball: Makes water decks more promising. Also searches out the toad...

-Archie/Maxie: Potentially broken. It's going to be a pain to meet the activation conditions, but with the right cards...

-Cameruppt EX: Lots of potential with Emboar and/or Blacksmith.

-Scorched Earth: Draw in stadium form. Nuff said.

I haven't gotten many cards out of PrC yet - I've played 2 tournaments on PTCGO and no EXes [sobs internally] - but one of the Ancient Trait cards that... I wouldn't call it OP yet is Ancient Trait Torchic. I just made a post about it, but it gains the support of a lot of good Fire cards, lets your draw 4 for discarding 2 energy, buffs Blacksmith a lot and makes FuF Blaziken relevant.

As per Trainer, since I don't have a ton of cards, I'd go with Scorched Earth. Draw 2 on discarding a Fire/Fighting is fantastically broken, especially with Blacksmith and FuF Landorus.

I'm actually in the opinion that NONE of the cards in Primal Clash is actually OP. All of them, including the Primals and the Megas, all have a distinct downside to them. E.g. Medicham can hit twice, but unless you invest 1 Strong Energy, 1 Muscle Band and a Fighting Stadium in your hand to it, then you're screwed given the low health it has.

Same thing for the Primals, they need an obscene amount of Energy to pull off. Primal Kyogre is a little easier to pull off but still more savvy opponents will not allow you the luxury in making it so easy really.

The Supporters and the Items also suffer the same issue. Archie's Ace in the Sleeve or Maxie's Hidden Ace Trick (I'd rather refer to them this way as it makes a lot more sense...) require you to have it as the only card in hand. Improbable to pull off in a competitive environment. Teammates requires a KO but a savvy person could use Poison instead.

All in all, I think this sense of OP or brokenness isn't there if you look at it from a wider perspective.

Ancients:

1. Ancient Swampert
2. Ancient Excadrill (I currently use it with Crobat and it is AWESOME)
3. Ancient Kingdra
4. Ancient Medicham
5. Ancient Rhyperior
6. Ancient Torchic
7. Ancient Nidoqueen
8. Ancient Bunnelby
9. Ancient Whiscash
10. Anceint Magcargo

Non-Ancient Non-EX's:

1. Ninetales
2. Sceptile
3. Crawdaunt
4. Bouffalant
5. Manaphy
6. Ludicolo
7. Milotic
8. Eelektross
9. Starmie
10. Flygon

EX's (Including Mega's):

1. Primal Groudon-EX
2. Mega Gardevoir-EX
3. Primal Kyogre-EX
4. Mega Aggron-EX
5. Camerupt-EX
6. Wailord-EX
7. Trevenant-EX
8. Kyogre-EX
9. Sharpedo-EX
10. Aggron-EX

Trainers:

1. Rare Candy (I'm a cheater)
2. Dive Ball
3. Teammates
4. Repeat Ball
5. Maxie and Archie Supporters- no, I'm not saying their names.
6. Escape Rope (cheating again)
7. Silent Lab
8. Shrine of Memories
9. Weakness Policy
10. Spirit Links (arrest me, I've cheated thrice)

Back