Most Useful Pre-Release Card

cataha

:-)
I finished my Pre-Release today and got some great pulls and all, but I want to tell you my most useful card I pulled and put into my deck. I made a mostly dark deck with a little psychic and grass. Let me talk about Sneasle. That card served the most purpose in my deck. I filled up my bench fast (I had 14 basics in my deck) and I put up Sneasle. Even without Special Dark Energy, I was able to do an average of 60 per turn, which is so amazing that this card is obviously broken. Once I put it in a deck with Weavile and Memory Berry, I'll have 100 HP, which is very nice. What card served you the most purpose, and why? This is not a "Favorite's Thread", so don't say stuff like "OMG, I pulled Umbreon Prime, I'm so happy.". For those of you that have not gone to a Pre-Release, use this thread as cards to consider using in your deck at your Pre-Release. Also, you can tell your record here. I played five matches in Seniors, my score was 3-2.

Sneasel is downright beastly in limited. But, for those anticipating that Sneasel will be played, it makes it easy. With a set like UD, it was LOADED with Darkness pokemon, making it easy to make a deck that can just wreck through the field. The Hitmons are spectacular in the 6 pack deck format, as are any combo of fighting/fire, because metal was slightly abundant as well. I only played 3 formats in the masters division, but I went 2-1 with a Darkness/Electric deck, being my first tournament in about a year, or first time i've played in about a year, I didn't realize that my deck shared a common weakness, making my only loss to the only fighting deck out there. Otherwise, Darkness and Sneasel with help from Eevee calling for help works magic. Good luck to everyone at future pre-releases.

I haven't been to my prerelease yet, but I've got my eyes on Raichu. It looks like it could be pretty good.

A single Raichu on turn 2 won me my first match of the day. In minutes. He is definetly worth running.

A Raichu is a good addition to any deck, it can do 30 for any energy, and it's uncommon, which is nice.

My most used card I think was Houndoom Prime. I made a mostly dark deck (who didn't?) it included a 2-1 Houndoom Prime, 2-2 Honchcrow 1-1 Skuntank 2-1 Umbreon (non prime) 1 Sneasel 2-1 Mismagius a Vaporeon and some starter pokemon.

My first round in the tournament I cheated accidentally.:( I thought the reprint Sneasel was the same so I was rolling a die for every pokemon in play I didn't notice till round 2 and I never told the kid I cheated.:( I have to admit Sneasel would have been totally broken for the prerelease if it was for every pokemon in play.

Afro-G said:
My most used card I think was Houndoom Prime. I made a mostly dark deck (who didn't?) it included a 2-1 Houndoom Prime, 2-2 Honchcrow 1-1 Skuntank 2-1 Umbreon (non prime) 1 Sneasel 2-1 Mismagius a Vaporeon and some starter pokemon.

My first round in the tournament I cheated accidentally.:( I thought the reprint Sneasel was the same so I was rolling a die for every pokemon in play I didn't notice till round 2 and I never told the kid I cheated.:( I have to admit Sneasel would have been totally broken for the prerelease if it was for every pokemon in play.

Haha, I don't remember the old one saying that for every Pokemon in play, but I'll have to check that again. YOU CHEATER! Just kidding.

PikachewTofu said:
Haha, I don't remember the old one saying that for every Pokemon in play
Oh! you're right I just checked and it says "your pokemon".

Gliscor was freaking useful. Paralyzes a fresh Pokemon for 30, then does 50 + poison the next turn. I won 4-3 with a Fighting-Dark deck. Also, Hitmonlee - 20 dmg for 1 Fighting Energy with 70HP. Haymaker much?

Too bad I only pulled 1 Gliscor, but I borrowed someone else's in the latter half of the 2nd tournament. Even so, I didn't really use it as much as I wanted to in the PreRelease. I only lost to the decks with Primes and a Metagross + Slowking Prime engine, since I didn't pull either.

Well, I won 3 of 4 of my matches with scizor prime. Not such an easy thing to pull but it does a heck of a lot of damage in a prerelease. (And I never even took damage when it was active.) Unfortunately the match that I lost was because Scizor was prized. :p

I found Houndoom (non-Prime) to be pretty useful, 80 for 1 if there's a fighting in play is nothing to fool around with.

Plain Scizor and Houndoom were great for my PreRelease. Houndoom for it's second attack mostly, because hardly anyone at my PreRelease was using Fighting types.... Also, there were a LOT, and I mean a LOT, of Muk being used. They got to bring up one of your Pokemon that had a high retreat cost/low HP, then either keep it up there, or force you to use your energy per turn retreating. It was the card I lost to..... twice. :(

~A+G

Back