:( My first car accident...

Dezuray

Deal with it.
Saturday my friends and I got in our first car accident... We all are ok, but it made me think; we were lucky to get out unscathed as we did, the car was totaled.

Have any of you been in an accident? What was it like; if you don't mind telling of course...

Scary stuff.

I was in a car accident with my father and cousin when I was 5. I was in the backseat so I was okay, but my father hit his head pretty hard and suffered a minor concussion (thankfully that's all it was), and my cousin broke his back from the jerk. A car had rammed into us from the back and made us hit a car in front of us. It was not an enjoyable experience.

Also, I'm relieved to hear you and your friends are unharmed. :)

A car had rammed into us from the back and made us hit a car in front of us. It was not an enjoyable experience.

That's exactly what happened to me .T__T.

Is your cousin ok?

Small world lol.

He's better now, through physical therapy obviously. But yeah, car accidents can be pretty tough.

We're parked in a parking lot, and there are no barriers between parking spaces. I'm listening to "Mr. Brightside" by the Killers, and then all of a sudden, BUMP. Some dude hit us. I'm thinking, "Wow. We're not even moving." Some people...ergh...

I work in the auto body repair business. I have seen cars, that made a shiver go up my spine.

I've had a few moments of "Crashes" I guess. with only 1 true crash, which was a minor fender bender. Otherwise what I had happen...

Friend driving me home, we keep hearing a squeaking noise, so we stop and think, well the tire looks low lets put some air in it. 5 min its nice and peaceful, then the noise comes back. Then no more than 5 min from my house, his front passenger tire just rips off the car. Apparently the lug nuts were loose and when we were driving, the wheel kept wobbling off center and just ripped the lug nuts off. We were only going down the road at maybe 35 mph too, pretty scary.

Another time, which tops the other in terms of scary-ness. Me and 2 friends, one of which is Schmawl on here. I was taking both of them home after staying at my place for the weekend, when I used to live an hour away. We were cruising down the highway at 70mph (in a 65), and my front driver side tie-rod snapped on me. Causing my tire to turn a complete 90 degrees, sending me fly from the fast lane all the way to the right side of the road. Pretty scary at that sorta speed.

We were stopped at a red light and everything was good, the guy in front of us was obeying traffic laws, and this guy, behind us, going about 40 mph decides to look away from the road...to text or something..and he looks up, see's that he is gonna hit us, tries to swerve, SMASHES (no exaggeration, you should've seen it.) into the right portion of our fender, and goes through the trunk, and hits us into the guy in front of us, who's car takes little to no damage, and sends us flying throughout the car, even though our seat belts were on.

o_o

We were 2 and a half feet from dying.

Dezuray said:
We were stopped at a red light and everything was good, the guy in front of us was obeying traffic laws, and this guy, behind us, going about 40 mph decides to look away from the road...to text or something..and he looks up, see's that he is gonna hit us, tries to swerve, SMASHES (no exaggeration, you should've seen it.) into the right portion of our fender, and goes through the trunk, and hits us into the guy in front of us, who's car takes little to no damage, and sends us flying throughout the car, even though our seat belts were on.

o_o

Wow, I'm extremely sorry about that. It's idiots driving on the road like that that make me hesitant of ever driving myself.

Driving is, in reality, dangerous, but accidents are no reason to stop; its a fact of life, getting up and walking out your door is a risk, so live life to the fullest. :)

Oh no, of course I'm not going to let it stop me. But I'm in no hurry to start driving anyway.

Well if my cell phone rings when I am driving, I just let it ring and then call back when I find a place to pull over.

Dezuray said:

o_o

Yes. If they weren't... I wouldn't want to imagine the outcome.

It would've been a lot worse if we hadn't had them on... imagine the shot gun rider... D:
Also, when we pushed the car to the curb and whatnot, the cop was an arse to us and forced us to talk to him immediately and not catch our breathe, etc.
The guy that hit us freaked out and kept trying to buy me stuff.

I caused an accident once... :( I tried to break but I failed. I hit two cars, one in front of me and the other in front of that. I was going only 20 mph though, so the damage wasn't extensive at all. I still had to do a deposition, though.

And I don't have my license yet, just a lousy permit. And I'm too lazy to get one. But that's unrelated.

My mom and I were in one back in July. I was driving through a parking lot, and the truck behind us rear ended us. Completely smashed up the car's back end. We've been going to the doc for therapy on our backs for 6 months now.

Sorry to hear that Secrets. Hopefully you can manage to keep your league running.

thank God your okay. what kind of car were you driving and what car hit you?

thank goodness though your okay.

Back