My Light Fakemon

clintj1206

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! I'm new here. I just recently set up a blog to display my Fakemon. I designed them a while ago, but only thought about uploading them a while back. Some are as old as generation III, but I updated with Gen V moves and the like. They all focus around the concept of a new Pokemon type: Light. The blog is here. Please check them out and give me some feedback.
I'm not great with digital art, so they're photos of my sketches. Here is one to show you the style I've done them in!
l20-Isequine.png

Thanks, let me know what you think of them!

Hm, I was hoping for some sort of background information, like that of a Pokédex. It's still a nice design, even I'm not crazy about the concept of light typings.

I like the idea of an Ice-Horse thing, but it seems too much like an Ice-Type Rapidash :/
Other than that, it looks good, even though more information, as Zyflair said, would be nice.

Well, it's evolutionary line is meant to match that of Ponyta's and Rapidash's. They share exactly the same stats, and similar movesets. As for the background information, I will be writing that soon. I am currently doing a "Pokedex" for my light Pokemon on my blog - http://fakemon-light.blogspot.com/ but only written three so far. And so will get onto Isequine's in a bit.
For example one of the ones I have written a bit of a background for is my light eeveelution: Pureon.
I guess if you don't care for the idea of light types, then as a pure light type, it might not be that interesting. But it will show the style of the background I was thinking of giving:
l2-Pureon.png

Pureon. The Purity Pokemon.

Pureon evolves from Eevee when it is exposed to a Sun Stone. It is one of the many final forms of Eevee.

Pureon is a pure Light Pokemon, meaning it is weak to Ghost and Grass attacks.

Pureon is overall a golden colour. However, it's body tells a story. It's fur is murkier and rougher, even with spikes around its face, at its front and feet; but as you move across its body it becomes smoother and shinier, until it becomes a silky golden coat that ends in a delicate tail, with a softness to rival Wigglytuff's. This represents Pureon's ability to purify anything that is bathed in its light for long enough, including the mind's of restless trainers. The ribbons around Pureon's body have beads of light traversing them, back and forth, showing this ability working. In battle, the ribbon's glow intensify.

Pureon's greatest stat is Defense, a trait it shares with Leafeon. However, where Leafeon next excels is in Attack; whereas Pureon is more of a Special Attacker. It is also important to note that Pureon's Clear Body ability allows it to use Sheet Lightning effectively, as it will be immune to the loss of accuracy it causes, as it normally affects all Pokemon on the field.

With the discovery of Pureon, there are now 8 eeveelutions, each one representing a type that was denoted "Special" in the first 3 generations. (Light would have been a special type, rather than physical). The only remaining special type would be a Dragon eeveelution.

Pureon's moveset also follows that of the eeveelutions, but it uses Flash over Sand Attack and Light Dash over Quick Attack.

I've done a lot more on the blog now: link - http://fakemon-light.blogspot.com/

All 30 Pokemon are up, with their Pokedex entries. So is information about the 15 new Light attacks. As well as how this new Light type could tie in with the original Pokemon franchise, and much more!

Here is a taster of what can be found there:

halo+grip.png

updates.png

l17-Cilite.png

Ok, I'm just reviving this because the blog died a while back, and a few weeks ago I decided to move to deviantart. There, in my gallery you'll now find my coloured and updated fakemon, as well as gym leader detail, and Light type match-ups and moves and more. Would love it if some of you checked it out: http://cj1206.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks to anyone who does! :D

Back