• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

My Trees have Snipe! Trevenant / Greninja

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon
  • 4 Phantump
  • 3 Trevenant
  • 4 Greninja
  • 2 Frogadier
  • 4 Froakie

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 3 Energy Retrieval
  • 2 Crushing Hammer
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Red Card
  • 2 Evolutionary Soda
  • 2 Hard Charm
  • 1 Computer Search

Energy
  • 8 Water Energy
  • 3 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy
So yeah. I saw this deck idea in a thread, and decided to whip up a quick decklist for fun. The general strategy behind this deck is to get a Trevenant active, locking your opponent out of Items, then have ~2 Greninja on your bench, enabling you, with Trevenant's attack, to deal 80 damage to a Benched Pokémon. Professor's Letter searches 2 Water energy out for this, and Energy Retrieval brings them back after use. Ultimately, the deck is made to be trolly, though.

Card Scans
55-trevenant.jpg
54-phantump.jpg
41-greninja.jpg
119-hard-charm.jpg
124-red-card.jpg

Evolutionary Soda - Trainer
Item

Choose 1 of your Pokemon that wasn’t put into play this turn. Search your deck for a Pokemon that evolves from that Pokemon and put it on that Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterwards. You can’t use this card on your first turn.
Professor’s Letter - Trainer
Item

Search your deck for 2 Basic Energy cards, reveal them, and put them in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

-4 Rainbow Energy
+4 Psychic Energy. There's no point in playing rainbow energy since you cannot discard it with greninja's ability, and I assume they are only in there as attack purposes for Trevenant.

-4 Team Flare Grunt
+4 N
Wow, you only have 4 Draw Supporters *fixed.

-1 Red Card
-2 Evolutionary Sodas
+3 Ultra Balls. You have almost 0 support for Pokemon, you have to get them out somehow!

-1 Prof. Letter
+1 Rare Candy
You have enough Energy Search, taking out 1 should leave you in a better consistency spot.

Hope I helped :D

Lord Fletchling said:
This is my first deck in about a year tbh.

Glad to have you back in the community (although that would explain the lack of supporters lol)

Honestly, you still only have 8 draw supp. I would take out the Grunts all together and add in 2 Skylas to help out a little

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Lord Fletchling said:
This is my first deck in about a year tbh.

Glad to have you back in the community (although that would explain the lack of supporters lol)

Honestly, you still only have 8 draw supp. I would take out the Grunts all together and add in 2 Skylas to help out a little

Eww skyla
It's either Grunt or Hammer I feel, as this deck needs to feel Trolly, by making it hard for your opponent to do much.

LOL Skyla would be amazing in this deck try this:

-Team Flare Grunts
+Skylas
-1 Prof. Letter
-1 Psychic Energy
+2 hammers
(You have 3 psychics and 3 retreivals, that should work)

You'll just have to build the deck and test it yourself for other tips.

Yeah, I'll proxy it sometime this week, hopefully before school ends so I get free printing.
Any Idea on the Proxy Size?

I use 6.2 cm (width) x 8.7 cm (height), If you want to preserve ink make the width 5 cm and the height proportianate

since I'm using school funds, this'll be fine
thanks <3

Why 4 Candy and only 2 Soda? I thought you can evolve Basic => Stage 2 with Soda, too. D:

Teal said:
Why 4 Candy and only 2 Soda? I thought you can evolve Basic => Stage 2 with Soda, too. D:

Nope. Soda only goes one stage, otherwise it'd be >>>>>>>Candy. I use it because it fetches Trevenant and Frogadier if I need it.

Back