Name me a good fantasy book...

Noobnerd

~I see a little silhouetto of a man~
Don't say Harry Potter.

I've read it, but no, it is not the best book of the fantasy genre that I have read. What book in the fantasy genre do you think is worth reading? I feel like reading a fantasy book, you see...

Please answer.

I've read Sabriel. I bought Abhorsen. But I'm not going to read it until I find Lirael...

Any other book? Don't mention Lord of the Rings, I'm going to read it soon anyway.

Redwall.

Some'll laugh when they read the back, but once you start reading, it's hard to stop.

Think about it.

Arcanine out.

Another amazing series, in case you haven't already read them, is LoR. It can be tough reading, but they are AMAZING books.

Arcanine out.

Señor Noobnerd said:
Vegeta ss4 said:
Harry Potter!!!!

:)
I already said not Harry Potter. Read, please.

I did read it but IDC....thats why there is a smiley face on it....I am sorry to tell you but Harry Potter is one of the top fantasy books of all time...get used to it!!!

Of course. Considering he's already read that, he should read it over and over till he's memorised all the words in all 6 books. I am supposing you can do that already. [/sarcasm]

Oh yeah, Arc, he said he's going to read it, but it's so friggen thick... he's leaving for later.

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
Of course.  Considering he's already read that, he should read it over and over till he's memorised all the words in all 6 books.  I am supposing you can do that already. [/sarcasm]

Oh yeah, Arc, he said he's going to read it, but it's so friggen thick... he's leaving for later.
wowzers....I forgot that he actually READ the series....my bad...
In all honesty I can't think of many books fantasy wise that are interesting to me...Lord of the Rings is something that sorta pops to mind. Maybe the Star Wars series of books(they arent much of a fantasy series but the book is sort of a fantasy series)

OMG!!!!!You guys have to Read the Warriors Series by Erin Hunter!!!!!They are so good!They just make you keep on reading them and reading them!You have to read this book!

Chatot said:
OMG!!!!!You guys have to Read the Warriors Series by Erin Hunter!!!!!They are so good!They just make you keep on reading them and reading them!You have to read this book!
YES! The Warriors series ROCK! Also the Edge Chronicles are good fantasies (by Paul Stuart and Chris Riddle), but the best book ever is Maximum Ride (by James Patterson)! It's only sort-of a fantasy, but it's so awesome. Read it!

Of course.  Considering he's already read that, he should read it over and over till he's memorised all the words in all 6 books.  I am supposing you can do that already. [/sarcasm]

Try The Hobbit then. It's a lot easier to read then The Fellowship, Two Towers, and Return.

Arcanine out.

Arcanine 274 said:

Try The Hobbit then.  It's a lot easier to read then The Fellowship, Two Towers, and Return.

Arcanine out.
I was considering the Hobbit too

Anyway, what is that Warrior thing that those two were talking about? I never heard of it.

BTW, another one anybody shouldn't mention is the Chronicles of Narnia. I've read all those.

They might mean The Warriors. It's a book, but I don't know if it's a series or not. Or they could not, ...I dunnoz.

But if they are it's basically just about a gang trying to get back to their turf and they keep running into other gangs/cops.

Good stuff.

Arcanine out.

OK heres some you might try.. altho they are really thick [especially when you get the full series] but Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan [personally better than Harry Potter] o and another that you might be somewhat familiar with because they made a movie out of it... Eragon by Christopher Paolini the sequel of that is Eldest [thick books yes but mostly because of a somewhat largish print] ENJOY!

Maybe the Phenomena series by Ruben Eliassen? I don't know which languages it's translated to, but if it is translated to 'your' language, you really should read it!

Back