Name Your Favorite TV SHOW

RE: Favorite TV Show

Someone explain to me why Adventure Time is good. I'm not hating on it or anything, I just want to know why it's sooooooooo popular.

RogueChomp said:
How could I forget Avatar? D: That show was awesome. I didn't the Kora thingy though. No time :/
Although I still haven't seen the whole thing, I did like that show. The movie was...just bad IMO. (You are talking about the Last Airbender, right? Didn't really read the whole thread)

ShadowLugia said:
Someone explain to me why Adventure Time is good. I'm not hating on it or anything, I just want to know why it's sooooooooo popular.

Adventure Time's really well-written and the characters are very well-developed (in that they actually develop over time, unlike a lot of western cartoons). it's also just the right amount of weird. it's definitely an acquired taste though

regigigas said:
Although I still haven't seen the whole thing, I did like that show. The movie was...just bad IMO. (You are talking about the Last Airbender, right? Didn't really read the whole thread)

Yeah of course. The movie was....*shudder*

I have to admit I was a big fan of Avatar back when it was aired. Haven't watched Kora or whatever though. Heard it's bad.

Celebi23 said:
I have to admit I was a big fan of Avatar back when it was aired. Haven't watched Kora or whatever though. Heard it's bad.
it's not. it's really different than Last Airbender and it's not quite as good (though I have hopes for Season 2) so it gets a lot of hate, but it's not bad by any means

Big Bang theory
The Newsroom
Game of Thrones

I win!

Zenith said:
it's not. it's really different than Last Airbender and it's not quite as good (though I have hopes for Season 2) so it gets a lot of hate, but it's not bad by any means

Pretty much this. It's not bad, but it's not as good as I had expected. It had a lot of promise and the first few episodes were great. However, it was only 12 episodes so the first season was rushed, especially with all the Pro-Bending filler. I felt the romance and overall handling of the Equalist Movement could've been executed better if there was more time.

Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Dexter, Lost, The Office, and Parks and Rec are some I can think of off the top of my head.

I used to dedicate hours of my life to Lost. <3

In no particular order:

King of the Hill
My Name is Earl
Touch (the Brave Vesperia vote)
House (the dmaster vote)
NCIS
The Good Wife
CSI: Miami
America's Got Talent
Murder, She Wrote
The A-Team
Psych (the 47bennyg vote)
Breaking Bad (the Gale vote)
Friends
The Golden Girls
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles '03
Drop Dead Diva (the PMJ vote)
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I don't watch TV any more, but the things I appreciated most in cartoons when I was younger were animation styles and creativity, so Ren & Stimpy was probably my favourite show. I loved how edgy, ridiculous and repulsive it dared to be.

oh and

ComfortEagle said:
I used to dedicate hours of my life to Lost. <3

Chariblaze said:

n-n-no

it can't be

just

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

All of these suggestions make me want to create a much larger list of my favorite TV shows, but for now, I'll list just some of 'em.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
The Colbert Report
Yu-Gi-Oh (Any season, really)
Transformers
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Mighty Moprhin' Power Rangers
Workaholics
Mythbusters
Futurama
Sonic X
Dirty Jobs
Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
South Park
The Simpsons
Dragon Ball Z
One Piece
Naruto
Cowboy Bebop
FMA: Brotherhood
Spongebob
The Andy Griffith Show
How it's Made
Parks and Recreation
30 Rock
Batman: The Animated Series/Beyond
The Justice League
NOVA
Antique Roadshow (I'M SO OLD)

I'll update this if I think of anything else. /nolife

Avatar was awesome, I didn't bother watching the movie, and I don't have time to watch Kora.

I really like apocalyptic-like shows and movies like Falling Skies, 2012, etc.

Old cartoons (Flinstones, Scooby-Doo Jetsons, etc)

Great Escape (TV series) is also pretty cool.

Avatar The Last Air Bender, Scooby-Doo, Regular Show, Adventure Time, How I met Your Mother, Anger Management, Two and a Half Men, South Park, Scrubs, Lizard Lick Towing, The Daily Show, Workaholics (y u no make a movie?), Pawn Stars, Crocodile Hunter (yes with Steve Irwin, y i no see this on anybody else's list?), Spongebob Square Pants, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Venture Brothers, the list keeps going

South Park
Family Guy

Oh, and anime, though they're all usually dubbed on TV so I guess that doesn't count. :X

If I'm picking just one: Breaking Freaking Bad. There's very few that can get on that high quality level.

dmaster out.

The Walking Dead
Adventure Time (watch this show while high, I dare you)
Regular Show
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (big surprise)
Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men
South Park
Family Guy
Spongebob
Dr. Who

And more that I can't name off the top of my head.

Back