Collecting Need Help Please

RAGE ‘N’ RAYQUAZA

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, so I am new to Pokemon Beach, but I'm not new to Pokemon cards. This is just baffling me in my wife. Is it possible to have an EX card that is also a non-holo? So I pulled 2 Umbreon EXs from Fate's Collide. One of them has the thinner numbers for the card number and the set number and the coloring is a little lighter so you can tell it's a first print but it's non-holo whatsoever. The second one I pulled has the darker lettering the more bolder numbers you can tell it's from the final print and it's holo like every other EX I've ever seen. Did I just get super Lucky and pull some kind of misprint. I tried looking it up with no success. Not even a mention about non-holo EX's. If any of you can help me it would be much appreciated. It's been bugging me since 2016. I included a picture you can see the light reflecting off the holographic one.

Attachments

• 17239069859451388896057199655551.jpg
    17239069859451388896057199655551.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
I don’t want to upset you, but Is the one on the left the non holo? The text is entirely off. I am normally good at this stuff, and I’m pretty sure it’s fake. Sorry.

Non-holo EX cards do exist, and they usually come from World Championship decks with a unique back. However, your non-holo Umbreon is fake. The font is wrong, spacing between words is off, and damage for second attack is wrong. It's completely fake.
Be sure to buy cards from a reputable company.

So the all the Pokemon cards I've ever bought have been from places like Walmart, GameStop, TCG. I pulled both those cards from packs that I bought at the same place at the same time. I think they came from Meijer's. Also I purchased them when they were first released. Now I noticed the difference in the font also. I have roughly five packs worth or 50 cards or so then have that same goofy skinny font and when I looked that up I did come across something that said that would be the first printing maybe the second and then the third and everyone after that has bolder numbers and is more fine-tuned. I'll have to bring it to somebody who can tell me. Either way thanks for the knowledge I appreciate it.

So the all the Pokemon cards I've ever bought have been from places like Walmart, GameStop, TCG. I pulled both those cards from packs that I bought at the same place at the same time. I think they came from Meijer's. Also I purchased them when they were first released. Now I noticed the difference in the font also. I have roughly five packs worth or 50 cards or so then have that same goofy skinny font and when I looked that up I did come across something that said that would be the first printing maybe the second and then the third and everyone after that has bolder numbers and is more fine-tuned. I'll have to bring it to somebody who can tell me. Either way thanks for the knowledge I appreciate it.
There is no such thing as different fonts for different printings. Different font is always fake.

Back