Ruling Need Help!!!

DragoniteMaster

Aspiring Trainer
I need help Im trying to make a feraligatr deck Im using a 4-3-4 line with two feraligatr exs and two feraligatrs with tonage im also using some jirachis with wishing star to improve my chances og having it out by turn two. But after I put these pokemon in I just cant figure out what else to put in there any suggestions to my deck will be greatly appreciated please post advice!!:cool:

well he's boost-able so turn 2 sore spot ouch and battle frontier for ex's can leave ur opponent almost poke-powerless

try this deck list for an idea

Pokemon (13)

4- Jirachi DX
4- Totodile HL
1- Croconaw UF
2- Feraligatr EX
2- Feraligatr UF

Energies (16)
8- Water
4- Boost
2- Cyclone
2- Holons Electrode

Trainers (31)
4- Battle Fronteir
4- Rare Candy
4- TV Reporter
4- Copycat
4- Energy Removal 2
4- Swoop Teleporter
4- Pokemon Reversal
2- Rockets Admin
1- Pokemon Retriever

Make it a turn 2 deck thats the best idea i could come up with right now

That list looks like you could start off with only a lone basic or a mulligan there, Gardy. Perhaps a tech line or Aipom or something like that might be of use to stop mulligans, if you have Swoop! in there already.

If it were me, I'd scrap the Cyclone, ER2's, a C-Cat and a Swoop, in oprder to replace with a 2-1-2 of either RR Kingdra, or Pidgeot. Then fill up the last three gaps another Croconaw and TeCHy trainers, like ATM Rock (useful with Tsunami) and Crystal Shard/Curse Powder.

Gardevoir's deck is pretty good i think it would work well but i really dont like the idea of one croconaw and i recondmend another pokemon
artic_frost made a couple ideas that i agree with

Well I took Gradevidors idea and thought that other than the jirachis and the feraligatrs and todotile Ishould make it a 4-3-4 line with two feraligatr ex and two feraligatr with tonage. I also decided to keep the jirachis and add 2 or 3 pulse for basics I wanted to know if my ideas look good or not and also what do u think of adding some pigdeots?

artic_frost said:
If it were me, I'd scrap the Cyclone, ER2's, a C-Cat and a Swoop, in oprder to replace with a 2-1-2 of either RR Kingdra, or Pidgeot. Then fill up the last three gaps another Croconaw and TeCHy trainers, like ATM Rock (useful with Tsunami) and Crystal Shard/Curse Powder.

No, no. Don't add Pidgeot or Kingdra at ALL, you can't even use them when you have Feraligatr ex active.

You can't play ATM Rock on ex's, so it would be cumbersome to play that in this deck.

Again with Cursed Powder, unless you plan on putting it on some of the other Feraligatr.

I'd say if you can manage it, play 4 Feraligatr ex instead.

Let me explain how T2 Gatr should work. You want to get a Gatr ex and stop your opponent's powers as quickly as you can, and adding everything and anything that a normal deck has slows that process down. You have to think on a different plane when working with this kind of deck.

Try Island Cave instead of Battle Frontier, works real nice.

Also, what started out as a joke actually plays out real well. Use Kyogre* to get back waters from K.O.'d Feraligatr exs to either attack with Sheer Cold, or to Swoop to a Totodile, and candy to a Feraligatr that can use Sore Spot with no Boost.

I've also seen it played with Articuno ex so that can work too.

Hiyas

I agree. 4 Feral ex would be good. Maybe something like this.

Pokemon (16)

4- Jirachi DX
4- Totodile HL
3- Croconaw UF
4- Feral EX
1- Feral UF

Energies (15)
10- Water
3- Boost
2 Cyclone

Trainers (29)
4- Elm's Training
4- Rare Candy
4- Battle Frontier
2- Copycat
4- Steven's advice
2- Admin
4- Swoop Teleporter
3- Pokemon Reversal
2- Pow! Hand extension

I kept 1 UF Feral to help against spinning tail ttar, which are annoying. If you dont run into them very often, then drop it.

The strategy with this version is to get up a feral ex, and use tsunami as much as possible. As well as using reversal/cyclone to limit the amount of kos you get with it. Then, when you send out your second Feral ex, you POW! and ko their most important pokemon, and win from there. Well, that's the plan.

I see this thing losing to ZRE. Perhaps a version with Arti ex/Pidgeot/Warp energy/switch would work better. I'm not too sure at the moment.

~Secretsmeargle

RE:  Need Help!!!

Secretsmeargle said:
Hiyas

I agree. 4 Feral ex would be good. Maybe something like this.

Pokemon (16)

4- Jirachi DX
4- Totodile HL
3- Croconaw UF
4- Feral EX
1- Feral UF

Energies (15)
10- Water
3- Boost
2 Cyclone

Trainers (29)
4- Elm's Training
4- Rare Candy
4- Battle Frontier
2- Copycat
4- Steven's advice
2- Admin
4- Swoop Teleporter
3- Pokemon Reversal
2- Pow! Hand extension

I kept 1 UF Feral to help against spinning tail ttar, which are annoying. If you dont run into them very often, then drop it.

The strategy with this version is to get up a feral ex, and use tsunami as much as possible. As well as using reversal/cyclone to limit the amount of kos you get with it. Then, when you send out your second Feral ex, you POW! and ko their most important pokemon, and win from there. Well, that's the plan.

I see this thing losing to ZRE. Perhaps a version with Arti ex/Pidgeot/Warp energy/switch would work better. I'm not too sure at the moment.

~Secretsmeargle

Well I should pidjeot or not if so how many? Also is it allright to add some pulse to get basics?

I posted in the other thread that you asked this BTW, but again I say no to the Pidgeot and Plusle.

Should I add a shedinaja line since my opponent dosnt take prize cards when he or her kos it, this would make vengence a stronger attack also should I add in some swoop teleporters?

Let me give you my personal experience. I've been racking my brain trying to break Feraligatr EX. I've tried HL Jirachis, I've tried Espeon EX, I've tried HL Rhydon. This is what I've found. You can easily get turn 1-2 Feraligatr EX's, but that doesn't automaticly give you the game. Feraligatr EX just doesn't have that good of attacks really. His first attack is alright, but metal decks can easily get around most of that damage. His second attack costs 4 energy, which takes forever to get on it, or you can abuse Boost energy, that leaves you 1 energy behind in the energy race for a total of 70 damage. THat's not worth it. His body is really nice, but it's a two sided sword. Combos are hard to find because of it.

Personally, I feel Medicham is a better shut-down-er, because it's a stage 1, has better attacks, is a better type, and can be combo'd with so much more than Feraligatr EX.

Am I giving up on Feraligatr EX? Heck no! But right now it's in the binder.

Back