Need some help at the TCG? Look inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Need some help at the TCG? Look inside. (If a mod would pin this that'd be great)

esperante said:
Maybe you should do a quality test on people before you let them be tutors? Not talking to anyone specifically, but I'm sure you'll get people who think they're a lot more experienced than they really are signing up to help, which isn't really doing new people that much good.

Just my input.

Agreed. Kinda. Some people are already well known and rather skilled at the TCG. It is the people who are realatively unknown that should be checked out first.

Also as I am tutoring 42 Chocolate, I am just kinda writing out various little lessons, which I have saved. So after a while it may just be better to compile a list of lessons and then go from there.

RE: Need some help at the TCG? Look inside. (If a mod would pin this that'd be great)

DawnOfXatu said:
esperante said:
Maybe you should do a quality test on people before you let them be tutors? Not talking to anyone specifically, but I'm sure you'll get people who think they're a lot more experienced than they really are signing up to help, which isn't really doing new people that much good.

Just my input.

Agreed. Kinda. Some people are already well known and rather skilled at the TCG. It is the people who are realatively unknown that should be checked out first.

Also as I am tutoring 42 Chocolate, I am just kinda writing out various little lessons, which I have saved. So after a while it may just be better to compile a list of lessons and then go from there.
I also agree. It should be like in the Video Game fourm were the tutors are already picked.

it would probably be a good idea to have questions to ask and at least start a "lesson" of sorts, to all those who would like to be tutored.

Username: Nardd
Region: Northeast (US)
Times online: Evenings, Nights, wee hours of the morning
Messenger contact: get on irc or PM
PM Before adding on Messenger? Y/N: N/A

if anyone would like my help, though I'm thinking about getting some upper-level tutoring from someone

Username: Shade Daroach
Region: Australia
Times online: 3:30ish to 9:00ish my time normally. Currently have loads of extra time.
Messenger contact: In Profile
PM before adding on Messenger: Yeah
Do I think I'm able to tutor well:

I do. I have taught 75% of the new players who come to my league not knowing how things work how to play. A few of them are regulars now. Pretty much all of them turn up for the big tournaments.

Username: TruTruSky
Region: NC (USA)
Times online: 1-5 and 7-12 on most days. Unavailable July 6 - 16
Messenger contact: AIM: TruTruSky
PM Before adding on Messenger? Y/N: No. Just let me know you're from here.

Because I've been seeing talk of experience being needed, I'm just letting you know that I got 3rd at two States and 7th at Canadian Nationals with a rouge.

THE FORM: (tum tum tuuuuum)

Username: Red Blastoise
Region: Europe
Times online: (messenger or pokebeach)
messenger: 4 hours each day
Pokebeach: from when i get up, to when i go to school, and from school to bedtime.
Messenger contact: [email protected]
PM Before adding on Messenger? Y/N: yeah
esperantes idea of checking for the player level: well, you should know how, what, and how good i play.

EDIT: post #1,300

Username: darkrai master777
Region: CA (USA)
Times online: whenever I get a chance
PM Before adding on messenger? Y/N: Yes

I'm all for esperante's idea. Go ahead, test me.

Hmm, a test for this is pretty hard to make. And really, its not the main point here. People should help one another, that is the true main point about this topic.

I think that we have enough tutuors seeing that we only have 2 students.

Lou Cypher said:
Hmm, a test for this is pretty hard to make. And really, its not the main point here. People should help one another, that is the true main point about this topic.

it's about playing skills a little, so maybe let someone play a RS game with the ones applying.

I would like to apply as a tutor =D

Username: GHJamesGH
Region: South East
Times online: Pretty much all the time during the morning, afternoon, evening, and somtimes till about 2 or 3 in the morning.
Messenger contact: [email protected]
PM Before adding on Messenger? Y/N: No

Username: Mapleboy86
Region: Midwestern America
Times online: Hours at a time at different segments, I can be on really early and really late, and a bunch of time in between
Messenger contact: Don't have one, but I'm willing to use email
PM Before adding on Messenger email? Y/N: Yes

Also, I know I'm not too well known, but I do know a lot about the TCG and different strategies (like rogues) that have gotten me good places in tourneys. For example, I got 4th in last year's S/P/Ts with a Ho-Oh/Staraptor deck.

PokeKid Brandon said:
I think that we have enough tutuors seeing that we only have 2 students.

Yeah, there should be a limit.

Maybe we could decide who gets the spots by our rankings.

Nah, that wouldnt be fair GHJames.

Know what, I'm going to take this the other way. The people listed here are those willing to help. Its up to the new players to decide who they deem best going from posts, and we'll see where it ends up.
So keep posting if you're willing to help, but have some self knowledge, please. Don't apply if you never end up in Top Cuts, and no offense, but Juniors (And possibly Seniors) should be extremely careful. Again, no offense, but Masters do have a better way of explaining in general.

OH, if you have any credentials you'd like to have added in your mini profile in the first post, PM me and I'll add them.

LEGIMATE CREDENTIALS:
- Judge/Professor
- League Leader
- States Winner (Note the division) (WINS only)
- Regionals Winner (Note the division) (WINS/TOP 4 only)
- Nationals Winner/Top Cutter (Note the divison and country, please) (TOP CUT only)

Any suggestions here greatly appreciated.

Username:Eon_Shadow
Region:Central US
Times online:Most of the time, except from 6-8 PM Central US time
Messenger contact:NeoEonUmbraShado on aim
PM Before adding on Messenger? Y/N:Y

trevorispro said:
hmm.
I guess I wont tutor and id guess it would be cool to have someone to ask for help and bounce ideas off of.
so if any REALLy good player wants an already capable student who just needs little improvments then please help.

I would not mind helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back