TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux. Are you ready? UPDATE: AFter a holiday hiatus, Redux is BACK!

Sorry for the long hiatus, everyone! My job keeps me busy through June and July, but I'm in the clear for now.

Right now I have quite a few cards in the works, but as always, if you have attack ideas and would like to be part of this enormous set, let me know -- I'd appreciate the help! Thanks.

(Updated with Caterpie and Metapod)

Yay, while your at it you could do a few more blanks *hint hint* :p lol

Anyway, I love the ghosts, especially the Spiritomb ;) I like the Caterpie and Metapod, it's nice to see someone actually use Bug blanks properly :D

Thanks, FC!

Hint duly noted! :) Of course I'll do more blanks, FC...they'll come soon. I'm also working out the logistics of dual type blanks, though I doubt it'll happen.

Lol, dual type sounds the sort of thing I'd use abuse ;) Can't wait brother :D

RE: Neo Redux. Are you ready? UPDATE: Dual type promo card!

Alright, FC -- your wish is my command! The first of the dual types is up. I came up with a few ideas on placement of the dual-typing rule (including some with no rule, but rather symbols of both types in the upper right corner), but I figured this would be a safe alternative, since it's been (essentially) used previously by the Gym cards.

I'll see if I can come up with a more contrasting dual blank later to better demonstrate where the two blanks show.

RE: Neo Redux. Are you ready? UPDATE: Dual type promo card!

I like the design, my only suggestion is to make a split-symbol in the top right symbol like the EX-series ones if possible ;) I like the Pidgey :D

RE: Neo Redux. Are you ready? UPDATE: Dual type promo cards!

Flame Claw said:
I like the design, my only suggestion is to make a split-symbol in the top right symbol like the EX-series ones if possible ;) I like the Pidgey :D

Thanks, brotha.

I tried the split symbol, but usually it just doesn't look that great (and plus, it's a pain to do) -- especially when the colors white and blue-gray are used; there's not enough contrast.

Alright, guys -- while I love formatting the cards and finding artwork, attacks have never been my strong suit. I'd love some help with them for the set; I'd appreciate it immensely!

Posted some new cards, as well as a third promo card (trying to make it as similar to the real WotC promo set as possible, what with holo/nonholo versions, etc.). Slightly new technique on the holofoil, and I think it looks pretty good. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks everyone!

I like the Scyther very much CMPer ;) I love the Bug to Flying texture there, good work.

Added some more cards. I currently have every gen 1 basic at some stage of progress (mostly art/name/dex info/flavor text) -- again, I'd love some help with attacks and such!

RE: Neo Redux. UPDATE: Help wanted!

Nice mate, I'm really liking these cards so far mate ;) If you want, PM me a few Pokémon and I'll make some spoilers for you ;)

Flame Claw said:
Nice mate, I'm really liking these cards so far mate ;) If you want, PM me a few Pokémon and I'll make some spoilers for you ;)

FC= life saver! Haha. Thanks brotha. Expect a PM soon!

No problemo, I'll get more stuff to you tomorrow hopefully ;) And these cards still amaze me, your blanks may be the most realistic yet :)

As stated in the PM, BB thank you so much -- it means a lot!

Updated with Voltorb, Swinub, Piloswine, Lotad and Bagon!

;)

These are looking really sweet, and that Piloswine in particular is epic, I like the idea of it using the attack to evolve itself. Gonna need a great Mamoswine now.

Piloswine, Spiritomb, and Rayquaza are fantastc. Well they all are, but are you planning on making Mamoswine?

Thanks guys!

And yes, BB, I plan on making every Pokémon (continuing into Gen 5...and beyond, hence the /??? total)...but because I'm making all of the blanks myself, I've yet to make any Stage 2 blanks, let alone an Ice type Stage 2. Mamoswine'll come...eventually! :p

CMP said:
Thanks guys!

And yes, BB, I plan on making every Pokémon (continuing into Gen 5...and beyond, hence the /??? total)...but because I'm making all of the blanks myself, I've yet to make any Stage 2 blanks, let alone an Ice type Stage 2. Mamoswine'll come...eventually! :p

Aight, sounds good.

Major updates! Seven(ish) new cards -- some brand new, other (heavily) updated.

Cool, but maybe link to said new cards in your latest post, for ease of navigation?

Back