Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We’ve learned a new “Preview Box” will release on January 6th, 2023 for the Scarlet & Violet TCG. This is the first TCG product announced for the next generation.
It will come with foil promo cards, a jumbo card, a pin, four booster packs, and a code card.
These preview boxes have released for the past few generations. Based on the last ones for Galar, it’s likely Paldea’s will come with three promos of Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly, a pin of one of the Pokemon, and a jumbo card of Miraidon ex or Koraidon ex. For Galar’s boxes there were two different sets of Starter Pokemon paired with one Legendary V, so if the same holds true for Paldea, we could also see six boxes pairing two sets of Starter Pokemon with one Legendary ex.

Galar-TCG-Collections-200x136.jpg

Galar Collections...

Continue reading...

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Regarding the Scarlet and Violet Base Set, we won't know anything about them until the Japanese set has been released, and even then we've had no information whatsoever on them. And if memory serves me correctly, we won't get Scarlet and Violet Base Set until two months AFTER the release of its Japanese Counterpart. The last time we had a preview of the new cards was two months BEFORE Sword and Shield Base Set was released.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
Regarding the Scarlet and Violet Base Set, we won't know anything about them until the Japanese set has been released, and even then we've had no information whatsoever on them. And if memory serves me correctly, we won't get Scarlet and Violet Base Set until two months AFTER the release of its Japanese Counterpart. The last time we had a preview of the new cards was two months BEFORE Sword and Shield Base Set was released.
That's when the base sets in Japan released in december, this time they are releasing in january and based on Star Birth/Brilliant Stars we can get the base set in february even though Japan gets it in january, no reason to delay it.

LightYearLiam

I know they've been revealed for a while, but taking a closer look at the Koraidon ex and Miraidon ex, I realize that the layout of the cards reminds me a lot of the XY-BW era cards with all the shiny silverly unnecessary tackiness. Ugh, that is my least favorite Pokemon TCG layout of all time - the opposite of clean and elegant. At least it doesn't look quite as bad as that era and maybe it will be less prominent on the non-exes. Still a massive step backward as the SS card layout was very good.

I also didn't notice that the card text section is "semi-transparent" and shows the body of the Pokemon behind it - that's neat.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I think, having seen the leaks, this is the most excited I've ever been for a generation of Pokemon sets. MAJOR Spoilers ahead!!

I cannot wait to see what they do with the new pokemon in these sets. Are they gonna do a set based on Armarogue and Ceruleadge? Are they gonna do a set with 5 pack arts with the 4 Dark-type legendaries? Are they gonna do a set based on the Titans like Klawf and the other ones? I literally cannot wait to see the set with the starter Evolutions in them. Oh my god, I'm excited.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Side Note: This product could debut the first cards of Scarlet and Violet base set, which will make me do a partial set list out of it.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Cards without yellow border=W
at this point they're probably mostly stuck with the yellow border as a trademark/intellectual property thing? i struggle to think why else it's been kept as long as it has otherwise

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
at this point they're probably mostly stuck with the yellow border as a trademark/intellectual property thing? i struggle to think why else it's been kept as long as it has otherwise
Perhaps they don't have many other choices for border colors. Blue was already used for Team Plasma cards, red was used for Team Flare, gray is used for Japanese, black is used for V cards, silver was used for Lv.X cards, etc. I suppose they could use green or white or pink borders?

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Perhaps they don't have many other choices for border colors. Blue was already used for Team Plasma cards, red was used for Team Flare, gray is used for Japanese, black is used for V cards, silver was used for Lv.X cards, etc. I suppose they could use green or white or pink borders?
Why wouldn't they just match the Japanese silver border?
I don't mind the borders being yellow at all. There's nothing wrong with it.
It doesn't match the color of the 'template' of the rest of the card. i.e. the card art border is silver, the stage indicator is silver, the weakness/resistance and retreat bars are silver. There are absolutely times the yellow border goes from mild annoyance to outright nuisance, such as on the Amazing Rares, and Radiant cards. You can't really tell me that there is nothing wrong with the yellow border on this card.

1664069634706.png