New “Tera Brawlers Premium Collection” at GameStop in August!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
GameStop will be releasing an exclusive “Tera Brawlers Premium Collection” on August 16th! It will cost $69.99.

Tera-Brawlers-Premium-Collection-300x300.jpeg

Tera-Brawlers-Premium-Collection-Back-300x300.jpeg

It will come with:

5 double rare foil cards featuring Charizard ex, Dragonite ex, Dedenne ex, Greedent ex, and Skeledirge ex
9 Pokémon TCG booster packs
1 code card for Pokémon TCG Live

Here’s the product description:
Reach for the Top with Tera Pokémon ex! With glittering Tera Jewels upon their heads and strong attacks at their disposal, Tera Pokémon ex can take your battles to the next level! Some of them even have different types than usual, so your opponents will have to think carefully before they attack. Discover the brilliance of the Terastal phenomenon in this power-packed set featuring five different Tera Pokémon ex and a big stack of...

Continue reading...

FtKaVs7WYAEnV1q.jpeg

"So it's just an overpriced, slapped-together jumble of five regular prints, four of them being among the worst ex's printed so far, with no alternative artworks and a ton of boosters?"
"Well, you have to admit, people will do anything for Charizard! He's the best deck in the format for once in his life!"
"Yeah, but this price makes me want to hit the deck!"
DOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!

Last edited:
If I was getting something for my pre-teen nephew who is very casual with the TCG, I'd probably buy them the Zard ex tin and an ETB for about the same price as this and they'd be much happier. For everyone else... you can build a full Zard ex deck for this price, Ace Spec and all.

is it annoying to see charizard ex reprinted 20,000 times? probably, but it IS really good for competitive players looking to build decks more affordably

This is so CRINGE!! Bring back actual good premium collections. Hidden Fates Premium Collection (2019)? Eeveelutions VMAX Collection (2021)? Mega Power Collection (2017)? Haven't seen anything good in so long.... I just want something with good packs and actual quality promos that are full arts or alt arts. Cringe.

View attachment 19484

"So it's just an overpriced, slapped-together jumble of five regular prints, four of them being among the worst ex's printed so far, with no alternative artworks and a ton of boosters?"
"Well, you have to admit, people will do anything for Charizard! He's the best deck in the format for once in his life!"
"Yeah, but this price makes me want to hit the deck!"
DOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!
This is perfect, never change.

This product legitimately makes no sense - I know GameStop will have it discounted to like 50$ ***occasionally*** but outside of that…who’s buying this? WHO???

It’s not cute or fun enough to grab a casual fan - even a charizard enthusiast / or fan any of the other mons in the box because they all look weird { To me they all look bad/weird in the new “let’s ALSO fit a crown on its head while trying to keep the upper 2/3rds of a mon tucked in the bounding box that it’s also smashing through” instead of just continuing the full coverage format V cards}

Parents are not going to buy a 70$ box for their kids when a box/set with 9 packs for much less is going to share shelf space with this in the store

Competitive players can get a whole deck for less than the price of this box likely so no way getting 1 single copy of a ex they may want would be an impulse for this

Collectors have all of these basic ex cards already and probably only are hunting for 1 or 2 of the sets of the packs in the box

Even sealed collectors I would think would hesitate to “invest” in something that has nothing unique aside from the box - in the past future scarcity would maybe be an impetus but all contents have been printed basically 11 billion times this year so isn’t probably going to be scarce - Alt arts would go a long way - even if they included another one of the special skinned/branded mag-lock cases like the arms rouge or Gary box

TLDR - this is dumb.

Guys this a product to sell to kida they're gonna see it and just think WOW ALL THESE COOL CARDS! Kids don't normally care about competitive as much so like while this is dumb on a competitive standpoint and all it's probably not at all what Pokemon had in mind for this product. Not everything they do is gonna be centered on competitive anyways because Pokemon is primarily for kids.

Guys this a product to sell to kida they're gonna see it and just think WOW ALL THESE COOL CARDS! Kids don't normally care about competitive as much so like while this is dumb on a competitive standpoint and all it's probably not at all what Pokemon had in mind for this product. Not everything they do is gonna be centered on competitive anyways because Pokemon is primarily for kids.
The biggest problem there is that products for kids have to be at a price point that can sell to parents. My LGS is sitting on some Paldea Adventure Chests and Combined Powers collections for that exact reason. MSRP is just high enough to make parents balk and steer their kids towards just getting a couple boosters or a tin instead.

$70 just ain’t it, and to be frank this box design isn’t doing it any favors either. It screams “generic assortment” so it’s possible even impressionable kids won’t spring for it.

is it annoying to see charizard ex reprinted 20,000 times? probably, but it IS really good for competitive players looking to build decks more affordably
Spoken like someone who doesn't play at all. Pokemon is the cheapest to play by a wide margin. You can get 28 Charizard for the price of this godawful product instead of just 1 here and a bunch of unplayable, unsellable bulk.

This is just a terrible overpriced product and people need to stop making excuses for TPCi's trash products.

Its main focus, like any other TCG, is the game itself otherwise it would just be Topps or whatever else that died 20 years ago. Also, scamming kids and parents is not something to just waive away and excuse.

Wow, this is one of the worst products I’ve seen in a long time. It might be OK if it were half the price, but even then it wouldn’t even be great. Never buy this unless the price is a third of MSRP

Imagine how nice this would be if it had Dragapult, Charizard, Opergon (Teal), and two other good Tera mons.

Back