NEW Format

What do you think about this potential format?

• I will be playing in this format.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I am not interested in this idea.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • This doesn't concern me at all.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Why yes, I would like a piece of pie!

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

green_monkey

Monkey Pokémon Maniac
Hey, so I've been hearing (rumors?) about PLAY! possibly introducing a new format to the game which would include Diamond & Pearl - Call of Legends. This is to encourage people to keep playing and using their old cards and to compete against MtG and other TCGs. Since Pokemon is the only TCG that only has Modified and Pre-Release formats, I think this is a great idea!

1) Is this a rumor or something that could happen?
2) What do you think about this new format, would you like a format that let's you play old cards?
3) Claydol GE anyone?
4) Why do Nintendo and GameFreak hate making money?

The least I can say right now is that I would be ecstatic to play in the HGSS-DE format once again and start wrecking the fight with my Donkchamp team!

I would love for the Palace Format to actually come to the United States but I just don't see it ever happening. If it did though, I would probably play in it because I would have an incentive to do so.

dmaster out.

If you're a Pokemon Professor (after completing the TCG test successfully) you can hold tournaments that can be "advertised" on the PLAY! site, right? Then why don't we spread the word that we want this format and for Pokemon Profs all over NA or the rest of the world to start playing this in league and hosting tournaments with this format restriction. If PLAY! sees a lot of people playing and enjoying the format maybe they'll hold sanctioned tournaments and make official rules for it!

If this seems too Farfetch'd then have a look at MtG. People started playing and building EDH (Elder Dragon Highlander) decks within the MtG player community. Wizards took notice and released Commander decks (they just changed the format name and made official rules). They also have Commander tournaments now! This didn't affect the standard format at all, if anything it may have encouraged more players to the other formats of MtG, who knows.

If there is enough people that want this as a Sanctioned Format then we can make it so. Nintendo has to start listening sometime!

i remember, way back when.
there would be unlimited tournaments with cash prizes.. doesn't get much better than that..

PumpedAaron said:
The least I can say right now is that I would be ecstatic to play in the HGSS-DE format once again and start wrecking the fight with my Donkchamp team!

HS-DE was by far the worst format ever, IMO.

Also, this is not a great idea, there are lots of new players, they won't be able to play in thins. The cards are out of print, how do we get them again!? >_>
It would be fun though, but it won't happen in the US.

green_monkey said:
If you're a Pokemon Professor (after completing the TCG test successfully) you can hold tournaments that can be "advertised" on the PLAY! site, right? Then why don't we spread the word that we want this format and for Pokemon Profs all over NA or the rest of the world to start playing this in league and hosting tournaments with this format restriction. If PLAY! sees a lot of people playing and enjoying the format maybe they'll hold sanctioned tournaments and make official rules for it!

If this seems too Farfetch'd then have a look at MtG. People started playing and building EDH (Elder Dragon Highlander) decks within the MtG player community. Wizards took notice and released Commander decks (they just changed the format name and made official rules). They also have Commander tournaments now! This didn't affect the standard format at all, if anything it may have encouraged more players to the other formats of MtG, who knows.

If there is enough people that want this as a Sanctioned Format then we can make it so. Nintendo has to start listening sometime!

I don't like Palace format. Too confusing for new players.

Besides, most people (like myself) have sold their old cards already, I don't want to have to buy mine back.

Back