New Paradox Pokemon and Evolutions Revealed for Scarlet & Violet DLC!

I thought that dinosaur Suicune was a very weird but also neat idea (since it's actually a paradox) but game freak using the exact same idea again for Raikou is a pretty boring way of repeating the same idea. There's sooooo much potential for weird ancient pokemon that shouldn't exist, unfortunate they're doing the same thing twice and probably thrice for entei

I thought that dinosaur Suicune was a very weird but also neat idea (since it's actually a paradox) but game freak using the exact same idea again for Raikou is a pretty boring way of repeating the same idea. There's sooooo much potential for weird ancient pokemon that shouldn't exist, unfortunate they're doing the same thing twice and probably thrice for entei
They are keeping them a group which is quite neat tho

Tbh I kinda like that they’re keeping the trio (assuming Entei becomes a dino) all dinosaurs. Considering that the beasts are a long established trio, I like that their paradox forms all have that similarity (and it’s not like they’re all the same dinosaurs, there’s already a significant difference between dino Suicune and dino Raikou). I love the weird ancient potential there is for mons, but I’d prefer to see three individual Pokemon get strange, distinct paradoxes rather than a trio

Very hype for duraludon evo, probably my favorite design from last gen. I got back into the tcg just a few months ago so never played with duraludon v/max (and honestly it’s probably too late to invest into I think since it’s E reg, which is likely on the chopping block for rotation). So fingers crossed they make a great Arcaludon ex card that I can play.

I’m fine with all of these Pokémon, I’m even okay with Iron Crown despite finding a lot of the Violet Paradox Pokémon to be a bit bland design-wise.
Makes me really worried about what pre-historic creature ends up being thrown together with Entei. I'm thinking woolly mammoth with tusks replacing entei's moustache. Or a triceratops.
Almost all of the past Paradox Pokémon have some sort of dinosaurian aspects to ‘em when you think about it...

Great Tusk: Mammoth mixed with stegosaurian/ankylosaurian aspects
Flutter Mane: Its PokéDex entry in Violet explicitly mentions pterosaurs
Brute Bonnet: Ancient carnivorous plants if you gave ‘em a saurian body plan
Slither Wing: Carboniferous bugs mixed with stegosaurian aspects
Roaring Moon: This one was a tough one since it mixes base Salamence with its Mega Evolution but feathered dinosaurs comes pretty close to it
Walking Wake: Suicune with the body plan of a theropod dinosaur

The only ones that come out of left field are Scream Tail and Sandy Shocks but they still have dinosaur-inspired designs with Sandy Shocks also possibly taking some design cues from your stereotypical caveman, I also wouldn’t leave out the idea of them being based off of the kinds of articles and attention-grabbing headlines you’d see in a pseudoscientific magazine (which also ties into the games via the often-mention Occulture magazine), although the only one that I can think of is out-of-place artifacts covering Sandy Shocks.
I actually don't hate Raikou, It could've used more detail, but I like that its mane is a cloud around its head, and that it resembles a 'thunder lizard' type of dinosaur.
Funny you should mention that, the sauropod genus Brontosaurus translates to “thunder lizard” in Latin.

Makes me really worried about what pre-historic creature ends up being thrown together with Entei. I'm thinking woolly mammoth with tusks replacing entei's moustache. Or a triceratops.
at this point we’re gonna get pterodactyl entei and when that happens i will be exiting the timeline lol

Literally only just realized that Raikou is supposed to be a dinosaur and not a girrafe ?

>all the Raging Bolt haters ITT

0fa.jpg

It's not the best Scarlet paradox mon by any means but it's miles better than all the Violet ones save Iron Valiant including Cobalion2. Stay mad.

And yet again, the futuristic pokémon continue to be just "same thing but robot and with uglier color schemes", while the ancient ones continue to be deliberately ugly for no reason. I'm not even gonna bother with the apple. And Archaludon is just silly. Why the f does it look like this?

1691531608983.png

I LOVE Raging bolt. Brachiosaur was always my favorite dinosaur so it's great to see that getting some love. And I've always hated how Raikou has always gotten so much less attention than the other two beasts, so it's about time IMO.

Iron Crown and the new evos are cool too. Can't wait to see what other new mons we get. Can't believe we still don't know the legendaries typings tho.

Archaludon should have been a regionl form. Duraludon should not evolve. I mean it feels like a snorlax to me. (or lapras) Imagine if that thing gets an evolution. ??

Am i missing something or does a pre-historic Raikou/Suicune makes the same sense as a pre-historic Porygon?

Back