New Team

AdrianD

Competitive Trainer
I have only won 6 of my last 20 something matches. Including right now a 6 match losing streak. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I read Nugget Bridge articles about core pokemon and its details. I am not doing something right. Any suggestions are appreciated.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013-46501142

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013-46492837

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013-46491508

Sometimes I trade off between Zap and Toge for tailwind depending on who can do better against what. Chomp and Heatran are the muscles of the group problem is they are seemingly too slow if I dont have a tailwind up. Usually Zap and Toge are KO before another one is set up. Cress. Is a Status and Sp Def supporter. Ive notice people are using Toxic and Spore A LOT. Figured that would be helpful. Which it is when I am able to get it up. Chandelure is pretty much used for as a counter for Trick Room which seems to be used a lot as well. Aerodactyl was being used for countering Trick Room but I havent had much use for it against another Pokemon.

Zapdos @ Charti Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 200 Spd / 252 SAtk / 56 SDef
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 216 Spd / 248 Atk / 44 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Protect

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Trait: S. Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 164 SDef / 234 HP / 112 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Roost

Cresselia (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 96 SAtk / 252 HP / 160 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 31Spd
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Light Screen
- Safeguard

Heatran @ Chople Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 232 SAtk / 20 HP / 4 SDef / 100 Spd / 152 Def
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Trait: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 SDef / 200 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
IVs: 15 Spd
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Protect

Alternate

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 204 Spd / 52 HP / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Double-Edge
- Taunt
- Protect

I watched through your battles and to be perfectly honest, you're making a ton of misplays.
Look at that first battle video for example:
You led Zapdos Cress while they sent out Cress and Heatran
Why did you Tailwind turn one with Zapdos? Weren't you already faster than his mons? What if your opponent was a better player and they Trick Roomed? Also, why did you safeguard with Cresselia? He wasn't threatening you with status or anything like that. If anything you should've set up your Light Screen that turn. You could've safely switched in your Chandelure for Zapdos that turn too. And then on turn four why did you Shadow Ball? Why didn't you Heatwave?

Anyways, my point is I don't entirely think it's your team at fault here; you also need a lot of practice as well. You're not making the right plays and the only thing that can help with that is getting some more practice in. Without practice you can edit your team all you want and you're still not going to consistently win.

Also, your EV spreads waste a ton of EVs.

Zapdos
196 Speed / 252 SpAtk / 52 Def saves you 12 EVs

Garchomp
212 Speed / 252 Atk / 44 SpDef saves you 4 EVs

Togekiss
164 Def / 236 HP / 108 SpAtk / 4 SpDef gets the most out of these EVs

Cresselia
92 SpAtk / 252 HP / 156 Def saves you 8 EVs

Heatran
236 SpAtk / 20 HP / 4 SpDef / 100 Speed / 148 Def gets the most out of these EVs

Chandelure
52 SpDef / 196 HP / 252 SpAtk saves you 8 EVs

However, it doesn't even look like some of these EVs serve a purpose. Did you do any calcs before you chose these spreads?

Also, it looks like your team can hardly handle some common threats like Landorus-T and Mamoswine.

AceTrainerRed said:
I watched through your battles and to be perfectly honest, you're making a ton of misplays.
Look at that first battle video for example:
You led Zapdos Cress while they sent out Cress and Heatran
Why did you Tailwind turn one with Zapdos? Weren't you already faster than his mons? What if your opponent was a better player and they Trick Roomed? Also, why did you safeguard with Cresselia? He wasn't threatening you with status or anything like that. If anything you should've set up your Light Screen that turn. You could've safely switched in your Chandelure for Zapdos that turn too. And then on turn four why did you Shadow Ball? Why didn't you Heatwave?

Anyways, my point is I don't entirely think it's your team at fault here; you also need a lot of practice as well. You're not making the right plays and the only thing that can help with that is getting some more practice in. Without practice you can edit your team all you want and you're still not going to consistently win.

Also, your EV spreads waste a ton of EVs.

Zapdos
196 Speed / 252 SpAtk / 52 Def saves you 12 EVs

Garchomp
212 Speed / 252 Atk / 44 SpDef saves you 4 EVs

Togekiss
164 Def / 236 HP / 108 SpAtk / 4 SpDef gets the most out of these EVs

Cresselia
92 SpAtk / 252 HP / 156 Def saves you 8 EVs

Heatran
236 SpAtk / 20 HP / 4 SpDef / 100 Speed / 148 Def gets the most out of these EVs

Chandelure
52 SpDef / 196 HP / 252 SpAtk saves you 8 EVs

However, it doesn't even look like some of these EVs serve a purpose. Did you do any calcs before you chose these spreads?

Also, it looks like your team can hardly handle some common threats like Landorus-T and Mamoswine.

How do I calculate? and Yes I have always had issues with ice types and I am having issues with all Unova legends

AdrianD said:
How do I calculate? and Yes I have always had issues with ice types and I am having issues with all Unova legends

Use a damage calculator like this one:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

And if you're having trouble with the Kami trio and Ice types put in Pokemon that check them in your team. You don't really need Chandelure IMO so try replacing it with something like Gastrodon or Swampert.

Back