Ruling Newbie Question

Saber32

Aspiring Trainer
My son is starting to play Pokemon and I am helping him understand the game. I picked up a Dragon EX deck and it had some more damage counters and a coin and then had 3 blue and 3 yellow counters but no explanation what these are for. Can someone explain to me what these are for.

Thanks

They are shockwave and imprison markers and there are specific pokemon that use them so you can ignore them. They will have no effect on the game unless a pokemon that says to do something with them comes into play.

I think yellow was shockwave and blue was imprison. I'm not sure where you can find this information, I don't even remember how I found out.

The lighting is for tyranitar ex d from the same set. It has no effect by itself but with his other attack, it leads to an instant ko. The red one (i thought...guess its blue) is imprision and any pokemon with one on it can't use any pokemon powers or pokemon bodies. So far only gardevior ex d can use it.

The markers only serve the imprison and shockwave effects only present by 2 pokemon: Gardevoir ex d and tyranitar ex d. No other pokemon in history actually has the same effects. So you can ignore the markers as long as you don't play the pokemon above.

You know, I found markers troublesome so you could use dice to mark them. Example, my blissey has 50 damage so you turn a dice to no.5 to mark 50 damage. Less troublesome then damge counters.

Back