NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

RE: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

AtmosphericThunder said:
MuhFugginMoose said:
Heh, I've never understood how people ask this question and mean it. I mean, I for one didn't come strolling out of my mothers womb thinking whether or not I was going to be attracted towards women. I just was. And no one, not a single person "chose" to like someone of ANY sex much less their own.
The way I see it, they can Like/love whomever they want. Who am I, or the 36 people above me to tell them other wise? Honestly, the only people that think it is, are strongly religious and forbid it as a whole (in other words, ignorant), or are homophobic (also ignorance). So, I guess, it all boils down to ignorance, such as this. . . I have to censor myself. . . guy.
Following the words of an outdated book. . . Makes sense. . .

Oh my goodness...

Using a government position to promote religious beliefs is not only despicable; it's illegal.

People like him cause me to lose a little faith in humanity each time I see them because they don't even have a sufficient enough understanding of the law to know not to do things like that, yet they run for offices in government..

It is equally unlawful for government officials to enforce unjust policies upon the church. However, this occurs even more frequently in society today. One relevant example is that many churches are being forced to marry gay couples. Should the church marry gay couples in the first place? Or should they cling onto the traditional, biblical definition of marriage? Regardless of where you stand, it is a blatant mockery of religion for our government to enforce that they go against their beliefs. It does not even matter whether religion has any merit at all. All that matters at this point is that we follow the law or change it so that it better suits our needs in the 21st century.

RE: Is Homosexuality a Choice?

@SoulWind: Yes, I totally agree. There is supposed to be "a giant wall between government and religion" as they say. I believe this is something that is worth enforcing.

@Fee: Let me help you on this one.

At a time the scientific theory was that you could cut an object in half an infinite number of times and it would just get smaller and smaller with no "base" at the end. It wasn't until hundreds of years later that the atom was discovered.

More or less a joke, but that is somewhat a true theory. Splitting an atom would lead to it disappearing, changing, etc. so...

At a time the scientific theory was that the world was flat. It was proven round later. They had a lower level of technology therefore they didn't know any better.

That's so cute. Please, tell me again how the Ottomans and even ancient civilizations such as the Mayans knew the Earth was round before the "scientific community." Say, didn't the Church oppress that theory, only later to accept it and act like they never opposed it? That sounds about right.

At a time scientists believed it impossible to travel to the moon. Now it is.

Your reasoning of lesser technology defeats this one. Congrats, I didn't even need to try.

Pluto was once scientifically documented as a planet and by today's standards it no longer is.

Now this. This isn't a scientific community flaw. It's more about the wording and categorizing of planets. Pluto is more so an asteroid/planet type so it has a 4x weakness against common sense and logical reasoning. This has nothing to do with science being "wrong" so to speak.

The non-coding DNA was once believed to be completely useless but now Scientists are beginning to discover that there are indeed uses for some of that DNA.

/me sighs.
Advancements in technology. Nothing to do with your argument.

So your explanation on how the scientific community is wrong on this is now moot. Obviously, science can be used to prove things right or wrong, contrary to your belief. So as to your main reasoning; it's false. Try again please.

RE: Is Homosexuality a Choice?

Red Rain said:
Obviously, science can be used to prove things right or wrong, contrary to your belief. So as to your main reasoning; it's false. Try again please.
A more appropriate definition of science would reflect that it is a series of "facts" under constant revision. Anything that can be proven doesn't really belong in science. The reason is quite simple: once we "prove" something we are effectively saying no further knowledge can be obtained on that subject. We are closing the metaphorical doors that could yield answers to many other questions. Even scientific laws are revised (though some have certainly stood the test of time) and that is the sole product of more tentative research.

Dallas; after yet another disappointing Week 2 performance, takes on St. Louis at home. Hopefully, Dallas will be clicking at home to beat the Rams and avenge their Week 2 loss at Kansas City.

Also, for anyone that cared; I posted the attachment of my 0.02 pt victory I had, which was in 2011. (My team is on the left.)

Attachments

• FantasyFootball-CloseVictory.png
    FantasyFootball-CloseVictory.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 10
Smeargle said:
Seriously though the browns only good player they have left is Joe Thomas...

He is a great player for the Browns to build around. Joe Haden's pretty much the best defensive player Cleveland has, and he's pretty decent.

Tails said:
Smeargle said:
Seriously though the browns only good player they have left is Joe Thomas...

He is a great player for the Browns to build around. Joe Haden's pretty much the best defensive player Cleveland has, and he's pretty decent.
Well, yea I guess they do have Hoe Thomas, Joe Haden and DeQuel Jackson (hopefully I spelled that right). I think they may be the worst team in the NFL right now, I put the Jaguars and Raiders above because Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, and MJD (even if he's not doing well this season), and for the raiders Terrell Pryor, Darren McFadin, Marcel Reece, and Charles Woodsin.

Smeargle said:
Well, yea I guess they do have Hoe Thomas, Joe Haden and DeQuel Jackson (hopefully I spelled that right). I think they may be the worst team in the NFL right now, I put the Jaguars and Raiders above because Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, and MJD (even if he's not doing well this season), and for the raiders Terrell Pryor, Darren McFadin, Marcel Reece, and Charles Woodsin.

Nah, Jacksonville's worse. They have no QB, at least Brandon Weeden's better then both Henne and Gabbert. MJD and Shorts are basically the two best players for the Jags. Blackmon...isn't mature. Hopefully he can take a page from his former fellow Ok St Cowboy, Dez Bryant, and mature and be that go-to receiver.

Tails said:
Smeargle said:

Nah, Jacksonville's worse. They have no QB, at least Brandon Weeden's better then both Henne and Gabbert. MJD and Shorts are basically the two best players for the Jags. Blackmon...isn't mature. Hopefully he can take a page from his former fellow Ok St Cowboy, Dez Bryant, and mature and be that go-to receiver.
So far this year Brandon Weeden has thrown 3 INTs and 1 TD while Chad Henne has thrown 0 INT and 1 TD...

Those stats are from before today*

Smeargle said:
So far this year Brandon Weeden has thrown 3 INTs and 1 TD while Chad Henne has thrown 0 INT and 1 TD...

Maybe, but that aside; Jacksonville's worse. The future is murky for both teams, but I'd put more stock into Cleveland becoming something then Jacksonville.

Woohoo the Saints are 3-0!!! Even though the Saints haven't played anyone good this year, at least they're better than last year :D

MountainDrew said:
Woohoo the Saints are 3-0!!! Even though the Saints haven't played anyone good this year, at least they're better than last year :D
...The Falcons aren't good? In week one they were before they got injury riddled...

Can't wait for Dolphins Saints game...That's gonna be real. And is it just me or do the Chiefs look like the 49ers did a couple years agot? If you look at the aspects:

LB's
Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, and Justin Houston look kinda like San Franciscos Aldon Smtih, Patrick Willis, and Navaro Bowman, just maybe not quite as good, at least yet.

RB's
Jamaal Charles looks like an improved Frank Gore in a way

There are more ways that I believe the Chiefs and the 49ers look similar.

tl;dr The Chiefs share a lot of things with the 49ers.

Vikings (0-3) vs Steelers (0-3) in London.
How did the NFL know this game would be this bad, they needed to ship it out of the country?

Dallas has a winnable game against San Diego (in San Diego) before coming home to try and spring a trap for Peyton and his hopefully undefeated Broncos.

I don't normally watch football (but when I do...) but the one thing I know is this:
Broncos will win the Superbowl. They must.

Denver is 28-point favorites over 0-5 Jacksonville. That's the highest since the AFL-NFL merger.

You have to go back to 1966 to find a spread as big as this one is (The Baltimore Colts over the expansion Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons managed to cover the spread).

MountainDrew said:
Thanks to Sean Payton, Rob Ryan, and Drew Brees. The Saints are 5-0!!

Not anymore ;)

Patriots are where it's at, baby.

That final drive against the Saints-70 yards, 8 plays, just over a minute... the best football I've seen in a while.

Back