• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Night Marsh

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Machop GRI 62
* 1 Machoke GRI 64
* 3 Marshadow-GX BUS 156
* 4 Joltik PHF 26
* 4 Lampent PHF 42
* 4 Pumpkaboo PHF 44
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 Xerosic PHF 119
* 1 Ghetsis PLF 115
* 1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 3 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 2 Level Ball AOR 76
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 3 Choice Band BUS 162
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 3 N NVI 101
* 2 Lysandre FLF 104
* 3 Trainers' Mail AOR 100

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166

Total Cards - 60

I'm getting ready to play test for Ft Wayne and need help with my deck list. Any thoughts would be appreciated

I honestly read over the Marshadows completely. Then I looked back and my jaw dropped. Haven't thought of this obvious combo before.

I don't care what anybody says, Night Marsh needs Shaymin, at least 2. For the Lele and probably the Ghetsis. The draw needs are too high.

I dislike level ball in Night March as Ultra Ball lets you bench something if you need to and let's you get rid of marchers at the same time. I think you can also toss 2 Dimension Valleys since you want to be attacking with Marshadow and you'll always have at least a Joltik in the discard. Also, if you're against a psychic deck and want to attack with Pumpkaboo, chances are they'll be playing Valley for you. Those four cards should become Acro Bikes, as they'll help you dig and find your energy when you really need them. You could also consider using Energy Loto, but I prefer Acro Bike.

I'd lose an N for a Sycamore, as I think the discard and fast draw will be more beneficial to you.

I'd also replace the Choice Bands with Fighting Fury Belts. Sure they might get Field Blowered away, but if they don't, they give Night March the opportunity to actually survive rather than giving up a prize every turn. Plus they can be used on any of the Marchers or on Marshadow.

I would run a copy of Hex Maniac. If there is a random BUS Vileplume or FLF Pyroar, you lose. At least with a Hex, you have the ability to go into a marcher and KO (since Hex shuts off Shadow Hunt as well.) I would remove a Lysandre for it, as you already have a Guzma.

And last but not least, you NEED Giratina Promo. It gives you a fighting chance against Greninja, whom otherwise destroys you, and it also shuts off Trevenant's item lock if they BREAK evolve. I am going to guess those two decks will be very popular.

Anyway, hope this helps!

I honestly read over the Marshadows completely. Then I looked back and my jaw dropped. Haven't thought of this obvious combo before.

I don't care what anybody says, Night Marsh needs Shaymin, at least 2. For the Lele and probably the Ghetsis. The draw needs are too high.

I dislike level ball in Night March as Ultra Ball lets you bench something if you need to and let's you get rid of marchers at the same time. I think you can also toss 2 Dimension Valleys since you want to be attacking with Marshadow and you'll always have at least a Joltik in the discard. Also, if you're against a psychic deck and want to attack with Pumpkaboo, chances are they'll be playing Valley for you. Those four cards should become Acro Bikes, as they'll help you dig and find your energy when you really need them. You could also consider using Energy Loto, but I prefer Acro Bike.

I'd lose an N for a Sycamore, as I think the discard and fast draw will be more beneficial to you.

I'd also replace the Choice Bands with Fighting Fury Belts. Sure they might get Field Blowered away, but if they don't, they give Night March the opportunity to actually survive rather than giving up a prize every turn. Plus they can be used on any of the Marchers or on Marshadow.

I would run a copy of Hex Maniac. If there is a random BUS Vileplume or FLF Pyroar, you lose. At least with a Hex, you have the ability to go into a marcher and KO (since Hex shuts off Shadow Hunt as well.) I would remove a Lysandre for it, as you already have a Guzma.

Anyway, hope this helps!

Thank!

-2 Dimension Valley
-3 Choice Band
-1 Lele
-1 Ghetsis
-1 Battle compressor
-1 N
-1 Lysandre
-2 Level Ball

+2 Shaymin
+4 Acro Bike
+1 Sycamore
+1 Hex Maniac
+3 FFB
+1 Giratina

Thank!

-2 Dimension Valley
-3 Choice Band
-1 Lele
-1 Ghetsis
-1 Battle compressor
-1 N
-1 Lysandre
-2 Level Ball

+2 Shaymin
+4 Acro Bike
+1 Sycamore
+1 Hex Maniac
+3 FFB
+1 Giratina

Whoa! Getting a little hasty removing that Battle Compressor. I realize that I forgot to recommend something to remove for the Giratina... Maybe the Megaphone? Field Blower and Xerosic can take care of of tools, and they each have a bonus. I also just remembered that Silent Lab hurts your deck a lot too. But any deck playing that is probably too slow to keep up with night marsh. But with Field Blower and the stadium, you should be able to make it past the 2 or 3 Labs any deck like that will be playing. So DEFINITELY add the Compressor back and remove the megaphone.

I would also say drop to 1 Marshmallow. The WHOLE point of Night March is do tons of damage and only give up 1 prize. Rescue Stretcher can also be SUPER good here if you for whatever reason need a second Marshadow or a Pumpkaboo/ Joltik, Rescue Stretcher can come in handy. It's also good if you play no Puzzle, which made Night March good. Puzzle Of Time is literally why Night March was a threat in the 2015-2016 format. Machoke has no business being played here unless you decide to play a Maxie's Hidden Ball trick, and like, a Marowak. Night March already plays what basically is a Maxie engine, so it's not much trouble, and it's not like it takes extra space since you just drop Machop for it. I don't see the need for Acro Bike, as someone who's played Night March since it came out, Acro Bike was used because Trainers' Mail hadn't become very popular yet. But because of a lot of situations where you weren't discarding Night Marchers, people realized the usefulness of Acro Bike were too good to be true. And we've ALL had games where we Acro Biked 2 DCE's, and that's not ever fun. Go ahead and update your list to the changes you said you made, and we'll talk adjustments.

I would also say drop to 1 Marshmallow. The WHOLE point of Night March is do tons of damage and only give up 1 prize. Rescue Stretcher can also be SUPER good here if you for whatever reason need a second Marshadow or a Pumpkaboo/ Joltik, Rescue Stretcher can come in handy. It's also good if you play no Puzzle, which made Night March good. Puzzle Of Time is literally why Night March was a threat in the 2015-2016 format. Machoke has no business being played here unless you decide to play a Maxie's Hidden Ball trick, and like, a Marowak. Night March already plays what basically is a Maxie engine, so it's not much trouble, and it's not like it takes extra space since you just drop Machop for it. I don't see the need for Acro Bike, as someone who's played Night March since it came out, Acro Bike was used because Trainers' Mail hadn't become very popular yet. But because of a lot of situations where you weren't discarding Night Marchers, people realized the usefulness of Acro Bike were too good to be true. And we've ALL had games where we Acro Biked 2 DCE's, and that's not ever fun. Go ahead and update your list to the changes you said you made, and we'll talk adjustments.
BTW here's my list:

Pokemon:16
  • 4 Joltik
  • 4 Pumpkaboo
  • 4 Lampent
  • 1 Marshadow GX
  • 3 Shaymin-EX
  • 1 Giratina

Trainers:39
  • 3 Sycamore
  • 1 N
  • 1 Ghetsis