Nintendo Universal Theme Park Partnership

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Nintendo Press Release said:
KYOTO, Japan and ORLANDO, Florida (May 7, 2015) – Nintendo and Universal Parks & Resorts today announced plans to bring the world of Nintendo to life at Universal theme parks – creating spectacular, dedicated experiences based on Nintendo’s wildly popular games, characters and worlds.

The agreement brings two icons of entertainment together and represents a significant partnership for Nintendo as it expands the reach and popularity of its characters and intellectual property.

Universal theme parks offer incredibly popular, innovative themed family entertainment experiences based on compelling stories and characters – using powerful storytelling and innovative technology. Nintendo has created remarkable and imaginative worlds filled with captivating stories and beloved characters. Now, for the first time, those stories and characters will be brought to life in entirely new ways – only at Universal theme parks.

The immersive experiences will include major attractions at Universal’s theme parks and will feature Nintendo’s most famous characters and games. More details will be announced in the future, as the Nintendo and Universal creative teams work to create specific concepts.

So, it looks like we have some Nintendo-based attractions coming to Universal theme parks! What kind of rides and events would you all like to see? Since Pokémon is one of Nintendo's most popular franchises, I'm sure we'll see at least a Pokémon ride or two. :p

With this news its all the more likely I'll do Florida Regionals again.

I'd like to see a major Sm4sh tournament held there. I could definitely see Rainbow Road as a roller coaster. Maybe also a restaurant with foods you get in games.

Hrrmmm... I wonder if they'll just re-paint old rides, or make that one old Nickelodeon section about Pokémon.

Strange how two things I like have been big in the Florida theme park, hopefully this one lasts longer!

Mega Rayquaza Rollercoaster, soar through the Desolate Land, end the ride with a splash in the Primordial Sea.
:cool:

I was at Universal Orland0 last week and one of the girls working there was saying they reckon it'll be the Toon Town section that gets rebranded to Nintendo. I think that's the most obvious thing to replace because it's looking really dated now. She said there was also talk about exclusive Amiibos and the like. Obviously she is just a random park employee and probably knows nothing but it's something to think about.

I think a Mario Kart or Star Fox Rollercoaster would be a good bet. If they do replace Toon Town at Orlando then I think rebranding the river rapids or the log flume ride to Donkey Kong or maybe Zelda would be quite likely too. Maybe one of those Buzz Lightyear/Men In Black style shooting rides for Metroid? Universal are all about their 4D rides so I think at least one of those will be added too.

As much as I'd like it, I'm not convinced Pokemon will be included in this since Nintendo don't exclusively own Pokemon. I think Pokemon is the sort of franchise that would get it's own theme park deal if it was ever going to.

If you can't buy Peanut-Cheese Bars from Earthbound at the booths they would have there, I would break my goggles.

Back