No Path, No Problem — Giratina Slaps in Post-Rotation

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! As I’m writing this, I’m making my way back from EUIC, and you’ll probably be reading it after Orlando Regionals has taken place. Our new format is now in full swing, and the results from EUIC were somewhat surprising. My group actually ended up playing Giratina VSTAR, which was not a deck on my radar a week prior to the tournament. However, our testing led us to the deck, and we teched out the list for several troublesome matchups.
The tournament went alright for my group, but it could have gone better. I was somewhat close to making Top 8, just needing to win rounds 14 and 15. Unfortunately, I tied round 14, and then ID’d round 15 to guarantee cash since I was out of Top 8 contention at that point. Azul and Caleb made Top 16 and 32, respectively, with the same 60.
Giratina was, and continues to be, a strong play in this format for several reasons. First, it is a...

Continue reading...

Funnily enough I actually like post rotation tina more because you don’t have to play the paths and can make it more consistent or teched out instead.

Back