• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Noivern GX/Garb decklist help

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
Heres my noivern gx list the point of this deck is to use distort to item lock your opponent to make all of their stup cards unavailable and with garb you have abbility lock!

##Pokémon - 18

* 4 Noibat BKT 132
* 4 Noivern-GX BUS 99
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 Energy Loto GRI 122
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 N DEX 96
* 2 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Crushing Hammer SUM 115
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 4 Exp. Share NXD 87

##Energy - 8

* 4 Darkness Energy XYEnergy 1
* 4 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8

Total Cards - 60

Heya, I'm playing Noivern Garb too. I'll give my thoughts:

-2 Energy Lotto: Its a bad card for this deck. Generally you are OK on energies if you run a higher count.
-4 EXP. Share: Its a nice card, but Blower can be painful. Consider Wishful Baton for something like this, but at a lower count.

I'd recommend trying the following:

+2 Skyla
+2 Choice Band
+1 Professor's Letter
+1 Darkness Energy

I play the 2 Skyla and the Letter, and it is very strong. It also helps get garb setup more consistently.

Other suggestions is cutting down to find room for 1/2 more Dark energy. The higher count is definitely better.

Have you considered Team Flare Grunt? Unlike Crushing Hammer it's a Lele target and guaranteed effect, so worth adding for more control IMO.

Otherwise P3DS recommendations seem alright, though with the slight discrepancy that Psychic is technically more useful than Dark when you look at your other Pokemon.

Although the Garbodor from Guardians Rising seems like a bit of a non-bo; you're preventing them from playing Items so Trashalanche is going to be less effective here than any other deck...

Last edited:
Heya, I'm playing Noivern Garb too. I'll give my thoughts:

-2 Energy Lotto: Its a bad card for this deck. Generally you are OK on energies if you run a higher count.
-4 EXP. Share: Its a nice card, but Blower can be painful. Consider Wishful Baton for something like this, but at a lower count.

I'd recommend trying the following:

+2 Skyla
+2 Choice Band
+1 Professor's Letter
+1 Darkness Energy

I play the 2 Skyla and the Letter, and it is very strong. It also helps get garb setup more consistently.

Other suggestions is cutting down to find room for 1/2 more Dark energy. The higher count is definitely better.
They can't play Field Blower with Item lock.

I recommend 1-2 Shining Mew for Energy acceleration

Mew would be way too slow for the deck. I turn without item lock is tough, and unless you are second, it won't be good. One extra Pokemon I'm investigating from CRI is chimecho, to stall and let you setup against harder decks

Back