ORAS Obtainable Legendary Pokémon in OR / AS?

RE: What Legendary Pokémon will be obtainable in OR / AS?

Mitja said:
I'd personally prefer it if they mostly put
-2 & 4 into Hoenn
-5 into Kalos part II
simply because Johto and Sinnoh are basically in Hoenns neighbourhood (especially Johto!), whereas Unova is just as distant and standalone as Kalos.

I don't think they take the location of their home region into account when picking which legendaries to put in the game. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen any past gen legendaries in 5th gen. It seems to be based more on accessibility (how easily they can be caught in recent games), environment, and lore. I would agree that we're probably going to be seeing more of the 5th gen Pokemon in Kalos pt. II, but for a different reason, because Unova fits into Kalos' lore much better than Hoenn's.

Mitja said:
Then its a question of how many of the trios they would make "1 out of 3 per game" instead of giving all members of a group their own locations. I'm thinking we will see MOSTLY this now, as the total of legends obtainable is going to be really high anyway, AND because it keeps all the "past" legends more special/rare. (also they got away with putting all 3 in with the lake guardians for example, because they were triggered from 1 location and simply found at random spots through the region, which is not something they would do with bigger legends like all the mascots..)

I can see them shifting towards this in the future when we have upwards of say, 50 legendaries, but I don't think that needs to happen now. Considering the increase in both number of Pokemon and the technology used to make the game (because of new hardware), I think we can probably see more legendaries than we did in past games, maybe somewhere in the ballpark of 15-18ish. Especially for Hoenn, which is such a large and diverse region that there's tons of places where you can stick a legendary if you want.

Mitja said:
continuing the tradition that FRLG introduced and only recently XY revived and confirmed as a real option in a non-remake,
1 starter dependant roamer per game (since it would make sense to do it for the whole gen then):
-beast in Hoenn
-musketeer in Kalos

I don't think they'd do this for more than one trio, and not for the same set of starters, because then it makes your starter choice a bit tougher and less fair (for example, what if selecting Chespin gets you both Articuno and Raikou, but you wanted Articuno and Entei?). I'm thinking they'll either only do this for one trio, or tie a separate trio to a separate set of starters (for example, the Muskedeer trio would be based on your choice of a Unova starter, but I think if they're going for a lore based encounter in Kalos pt. II, they might just make all three Muskedeers catchable).

Mitja said:
mascot legends handled like Hoenn mascots in HGSS
which means making them version exclusive, while allowing access to the third one if you get the other one through trading
-1 Johto mascot in Hoenn
-1 Sinnoh mascot in Hoenn, both=third mascot
-1 Unova mascot in Kalos2, both=third mascot
-1 Unova roamer in Kalos2, both=third kami

I could also see them doing this with the Muskudeers possibly (one of Terrakion/Virizion in Kalos 2, both = Cobalion), but again, probably not in Kalos 2.

...Im pulling this out of my behind, but would be interesting to see something similar to obtain the lake guardians for the final gen 6 game!
bring the XY starter-roamer=Azelf
bring the ORAS starter-roamer=Mesprit
bring the Z starter-roamer=Uxie

Mitja said:
and that only leaves Cresselia and Heatran, which I would then shove into Kalos part II, as it's short on its own legends anyway.

Heatran I think fits Hoenn a little better. Kalos doesn't have a volcano area for him to appear in (yet), plus he fits right into Hoenn's land/sea theme.

Mitja said:
--Summary of what you get with each game with this setup

XY
-1 mascot
------------------
-1 bird
-1 incomplete third mascot
-1 mewtwo
Number of legends per game: 4
Number of all possible legends: 7

ORAS
-3 golems
-1 mascot
-1 third mascot
------------------
-1 lati
-1 beast
-1 regigigas
-1 johto mascot + optional 1 third mascot
-1 sinnoh mascot + optional 1 third mascot
Number of legends per game: 12
Number of all possible legends: 18

XY2
-2 mascots (probably XorY mascot + Zygarde with 1 of 2 formes)
------------------
-1 musketeer
-1 Unova mascot + 1 optional third mascot
-1 Unova roamer + 1 optional third kami
-3 lake guardians (whatever they make the requirement)
-1 heatran and 1 cresselia
Number of all possible legends: 17

Sounds perfect to me.

That's a high number of version exclusive/starter exclusive legendaries, they can afford to make some of these universally accessible. I'd also probably move around some Pokemon to ORAS, I think it might be better to have more legendaries in ORAS than XY2 because Hoenn is a larger region. IDK, I'll have to get back to you on exact distribution. Also, what third mascot for Lugia/Ho-oh? I think you just forgot that there isn't a third to go along with them.

EDIT: Okay, here's how I'd do it:

ORAS:
-Regirock: Desert Ruins
-Regice: Island Cave
-Registeel: Ancient Tomb
-Groudon (OR)/Kyogre (AS): Cave of Origin
-Rayquaza: Sky Pillar
-Latios (OR)/Latias (AS): Runner. They could probably do the same thing here that they did in XY, you encounter them X number of times in the wild, and then they would flee to Southern Island where you catch them normally.
-Raikou/Entei/Suicune: Post game runner based on your starter (if you choose Treecko you get Entei, if you choose Torchic you get Suicune, and if you choose Mudkip you get Raikou). Not sure where they would flee to.
-Ho-oh (OR)/Lugia (AS): Caught at the end of Navel Rock
-Palkia (OR)/Dialga (AS): Not sure where these guys should go (Meteor Falls?)
-Giratina- Obtain both Dialga and Palkia, then bring them to the top of Mt. Pyre and a portal opens up to the Distortion World. You can then catch Giratina at the end.
-Regigigas: Bring the other three Regis to Sealed Chamber
-Heatran: Obtain the Magma Stone somewhere in post game, then bring it to the top of Mt. Chimney
-Tornadus: Post game runner. Not sure where he would flee to if they do it like XY (Rt. 128?)
-Thundurus: Post game runner. Not sure where he would flee to if they do it like XY. (Rt. 128?)
-Landorus: Post game runner. Not sure where he would flee to if they do it like XY. (Rt. 116?)
Number of legendaries per game: 15
Total Number of legendaries available: 21

XY2:
-Zygarde: Caught at the end of the storyline in Terminus Cave
-Xerneas (X2)/Yveltal (Y2): Probably somewhere post game
-Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres: Once again, you get one based on your starter which flees to Sea Spirit's Den
-Mewtwo: Still in Pokemon Village
-Uxie: Not entirely sure, but I think they could do it the same way they did in BW2. In this case, you would catch it in front of Professor Sycamore's Lab or in Ambrette Town
-Mesprit: I want to say Pokemon Village, but considering Mewtwo is already there, probably not. Rt. 10 maybe?
-Azelf: Tower of Mastery or Victory Road
-Cresselia: IDK. Runner maybe?
-Cobalion: Either in a new area or found in a random route like BW2 (Rt. 19?)
-Terrakion: Either in a new area or found in a random route like BW2 (Rt. 11?)
-Virizion: Either in a new area or found in a random route like BW2 (Rt. 5?)
-Zekrom (X2)/Reshiram (Y2): Obtain the Dark Stone/Light Stone post game and take it to Parfum Palace
-Kyurem: Take Zekrom/Reshiram to Cave of Emptiness or Frost Cavern (I thought about this and you wouldn't really need both because Kyurem can't fuse with them both anyway. Plus it means they could make Black/White Kyurem version exclusives as well).
Number of legendaries per game: 13
Total Number of legendaries available: 17

Oh, I almost forgot about starters too.

Again, it's a matter of 2nd, 4th, and 5th gen starters being distributed post game in ORAS and Kalos pt. II. Now 2nd were already distributed in Emerald if you caught all of the Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex, so it'd be convenient to just keep it that way in ORAS (minus the complete the Hoenn Dex requirement, which would be a bit too hard, they can just make it an automatic reward for beating the game). Which means we have 2 sets of starters in both ORAS (3rd and 2nd) and Kalos pt. II (6th and 1st). It'd be fair to just put one more set of starters in each game, and again, since Unova fits Kalos' lore better, it'd be better to put 4th gen in ORAS and 5th gen in Kalos pt. II. So that leaves us with this for the starters:

XY: 6th, 1st
ORAS: 3rd, 2nd, 4th
Kalos pt II: 6th, 1st, 5th

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

They should also make the starters' HAs available in whatever game they appear in, either through Friend Safari or some other method. Which also works out because we also get one new set of HA starters in both ORAS and Kalos pt. II (2nd and 5th gen respectively).

Chespin777 said:
I don't want Ho-oh, and Lugia to be accessed via mystery gift event. I have stated in my previous post that most likely the Kimono girls will have a tie in plot with the Johto mascot legends. If I recall in Hoenn there's a city called, "Lillycove city", and in that city there's a theatre. I'm placing a guess we will meet the Kimono girls there? I forgot to mention that Ho-oh, and Lugia cannot appear without their exclusive key items the "Clear bell, and the Tide bell". The Kimono girls dance with the bell chimes in order to summon one of the Johto mascots. Yeah, I hope they ditch that stale navel rock event, and replace it with something far more worthy.

I never said make it a Mystery Gift event. I was thinking they would just give you the Mystic Ticket somehow post game and you could go there automatically to catch them, no event required you just need to beat the game.

Kalos, and Unova share the same traditions, and the regions are close somehow. That's what I heard from a traveler in Parfum Palace. I'd rather see anything relevant to gen 5, starters, legends, in the next Kalos part 2 games.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:
I'd personally prefer it if they mostly put
-2 & 4 into Hoenn
-5 into Kalos part II
simply because Johto and Sinnoh are basically in Hoenns neighbourhood (especially Johto!), whereas Unova is just as distant and standalone as Kalos.

I don't think they take the location of their home region into account when picking which legendaries to put in the game. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen any past gen legendaries in 5th gen. It seems to be based more on accessibility (how easily they can be caught in recent games), environment, and lore. I would agree that we're probably going to be seeing more of the 5th gen Pokemon in Kalos pt. II, but for a different reason, because Unova fits into Kalos' lore much better than Hoenn's.

If by lore you mean what the legends are about... wouldn't the weather-causing Kami fit better into Hoenn instead? ;D

But yeah, that wasn't the only factor. As you probably also mean stuff like the dragon statues in XY and musketeers fitting into "France", which is all part of why gen 5 fits more natural to Kalos.
While gen 2 already naturally feels closer to Hoenn just because of Emeralds additional Johto flavor (starters, extended safari etc)
I don't have anything solid for why gen 4 legends should go to Hoenn out of the two, so I'll stick to "coz they were still in japan 8D"

And yeah obviously they took the golems for BW2 to get them into the "DS era" games, as they weren't actually obtainable in any gen 4+5 game otherwise. But in the current situation we are talking about distributing all across gen 6 so its all about chosing where they go, not who will be in. Of course that's if we're right to assume they wanna make every regular legend available in 3DS games again.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:
Then its a question of how many of the trios they would make "1 out of 3 per game" instead of giving all members of a group their own locations. I'm thinking we will see MOSTLY this now, as the total of legends obtainable is going to be really high anyway, AND because it keeps all the "past" legends more special/rare. (also they got away with putting all 3 in with the lake guardians for example, because they were triggered from 1 location and simply found at random spots through the region, which is not something they would do with bigger legends like all the mascots..)

I can see them shifting towards this in the future when we have upwards of say, 50 legendaries, but I don't think that needs to happen now. Considering the increase in both number of Pokemon and the technology used to make the game (because of new hardware), I think we can probably see more legendaries than we did in past games, maybe somewhere in the ballpark of 15-18ish. Especially for Hoenn, which is such a large and diverse region that there's tons of places where you can stick a legendary if you want.

I'd have expected tons more old legends than 1 bird and Mewtwo in XY then. I doubt they'll go crazy and have all members of several trios and mascots in ORAS.

Not that it matters, but people already complained about there being too many random legends to catch in BW2.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:
continuing the tradition that FRLG introduced and only recently XY revived and confirmed as a real option in a non-remake,
1 starter dependant roamer per game (since it would make sense to do it for the whole gen then):
-beast in Hoenn
-musketeer in Kalos

I don't think they'd do this for more than one trio, and not for the same set of starters, because then it makes your starter choice a bit tougher and less fair (for example, what if selecting Chespin gets you both Articuno and Raikou, but you wanted Articuno and Entei?). I'm thinking they'll either only do this for one trio, or tie a separate trio to a separate set of starters (for example, the Muskedeer trio would be based on your choice of a Unova starter, but I think if they're going for a lore based encounter in Kalos pt. II, they might just make all three Muskedeers catchable).

I never said they'd make the starter choice decide more than 1 legend.
-beast in Hoenn (meaning Raikou/Entei/Suicune in ORAS depending on starter choice)
-musketeer in Kalos (Cobalion/Virizion/Terrakion in XY-follow-up game, whether itll be Z or XY2 or whatever)

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:
and that only leaves Cresselia and Heatran, which I would then shove into Kalos part II, as it's short on its own legends anyway.

Heatran I think fits Hoenn a little better. Kalos doesn't have a volcano area for him to appear in (yet), plus he fits right into Hoenn's land/sea theme.

Good point!

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:
--Summary of what you get with each game with this setup

XY
-1 mascot
------------------
-1 bird
-1 incomplete third mascot
-1 mewtwo
Number of legends per game: 4
Number of all possible legends: 7

ORAS
-3 golems
-1 mascot
-1 third mascot
------------------
-1 lati
-1 beast
-1 regigigas
-1 johto mascot + optional 1 third mascot
-1 sinnoh mascot + optional 1 third mascot
Number of all possible legends: 18

XY2
-2 mascots (probably XorY mascot + Zygarde with 1 of 2 formes)
------------------
-1 musketeer
-1 Unova mascot + 1 optional third mascot
-1 Unova roamer + 1 optional third kami
-3 lake guardians (whatever they make the requirement)
-1 heatran and 1 cresselia
Number of all possible legends: 17

Sounds perfect to me.

That's a high number of version exclusive/starter exclusive legendaries, they can afford to make some of these universally accessible. I'd also probably move around some Pokemon to ORAS, I think it might be better to have more legendaries in ORAS than XY2 because Hoenn is a larger region. IDK, I'll have to get back to you on exact distribution. Also, what third mascot for Lugia/Ho-oh? I think you just forgot that there isn't a third to go along with them.

Well yes, who knows how restrictive they wanna be with these, its just my speculation.

Whos to say Kalos2 won't be double the size of Kalos1 with a regional dex of 600 and overfilled with stuff to a point where XYs attempt will look cute in comparison?

And yeah, a copy/paste error there.

As for the starters, I was thinking pretty much the same.

XY
-Kalos
-Kanto

ORAS
-Hoenn
-Johto
-Sinnoh

XY2
-Kalos
-Unova

Or have the Sinnoh ones in XY2 instead, as Kalos is a repeat anyway..

Mitja said:
If by lore you mean what the legends are about... wouldn't the weather-causing Kami fit better into Hoenn instead? ;D

I must've forgotten to mention the Kami trio, but yes to all of this. The Kami trio is the exception to the Gen 5 = Kalos rule, their weather theme fits Hoenn much better.

Mitja said:
I don't have anything solid for why gen 4 legends should go to Hoenn out of the two, so I'll stick to "coz they were still in japan 8D"

Sinnoh's really the only region that doesn't have much of a connection to Hoenn or Kalos, isn't it? I think the legendaries will probably be split roughly equally between the two games.

Mitja said:
I'd have expected tons more old legends than 1 bird and Mewtwo in XY then. I doubt they'll go crazy and have all members of several trios and mascots in ORAS.

They haven't really reached the point where they'd need the first set of games to make that happen, I think when we finally do, we'll probably see a greater number of legendaries. My guess is that the 1st gen legendaries were mainly included because Kalos had too few of them and because they want to pander to the genwunner nostalgia.

Mitja said:
Not that it matters, but people already complained about there being too many random legends to catch in BW2.

Haven't heard much of that, but I don't see why you would complain about getting free legendaries.

Mitja said:
-musketeer in Kalos (Cobalion/Virizion/Terrakion in XY-follow-up game, whether itll be Z or XY2 or whatever)

Then what about Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, who are already distributed based on your starter?

Mitja said:
Whos to say Kalos2 won't be double the size of Kalos1 with a regional dex of 600 and overfilled with stuff to a point where XYs attempt will look cute in comparison?

Okay first of all, double of Kalos1 would be 900, so that would be impossible unless they suddenly introduce 179 new Pokemon through a patch. Second, I'd say 600 would even be too much because then that leaves a mere 121 Pokemon for post game, which would be too light. The Kalos Dex is fine. Third, I was referring more to region size than dex size. Hoenn currently has 34 routes, 16 cities, and 14 dungeons, and if they expand the post game, it'll probably be closer to 40 routes, almost 20 cities, and maybe about 18 dungeons. Kalos currently has 22 routes, 16 cities, and 10 dungeons. Now certainly it would probably have a significant expansion in XY2, but to the point where it's comparable to Hoenn? I think not. It's probably going to be no more than 30 routes, 20 cities, and 15 dungeons, which would make it significantly smaller than Hoenn. Unless they plan on nearly doubling Kalos in XY2, I don't think the regions will end up being comparable.

Mitja said:
Or have the Sinnoh ones in XY2 instead, as Kalos is a repeat anyway..

I doubt it because that would mean there would be 4 sets of starters in XY2, which is a bit much. But then they gave us 3/4 starter sets in HGSS, so it's possible.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

Then what about Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, who are already distributed based on your starter?

What about them?
XY2 would have a musketeer instead is what I was suggesting.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

Okay first of all, double of Kalos1 would be 900, so that would be impossible unless they suddenly introduce 179 new Pokemon through a patch. Second, I'd say 600 would even be too much because then that leaves a mere 121 Pokemon for post game, which would be too light. The Kalos Dex is fine. Third, I was referring more to region size than dex size. Hoenn currently has 34 routes, 16 cities, and 14 dungeons, and if they expand the post game, it'll probably be closer to 40 routes, almost 20 cities, and maybe about 18 dungeons. Kalos currently has 22 routes, 16 cities, and 10 dungeons. Now certainly it would probably have a significant expansion in XY2, but to the point where it's comparable to Hoenn? I think not. It's probably going to be no more than 30 routes, 20 cities, and 15 dungeons, which would make it significantly smaller than Hoenn. Unless they plan on nearly doubling Kalos in XY2, I don't think the regions will end up being comparable.

omg, yes, the region, double, the, size, that's what I meant. The dex obviously can't be double. I'm not THAT awful with math.

You were saying "Hoenn bigger than Kalos", that's what I was replying to, it doesn't make sense for me to misunderstand you as meaning the dex-size, as Hoenns dex was ~200.

Sure it can. Kalos just needs to get ~50% bigger. If BW2 merely tested the "sequel potential", it could easily be more. We only saw the northern half of "France" in XY anyway.
But all of this is speculation until further info.

RE: What new legends and non hoenn will be obtainable in ORAS

Reggie McGigas said:
Mitja said:
there have been 11 games made since the 4th gen

Where did you get this number from? There's been six... Four from fifth gen and two from sixth gen.

RE: What new legends and non hoenn will be obtainable in ORAS

Freedomeon said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Mitja said:
there have been 11 games made since the 4th gen

Where did you get this number from? There's been six... Four from fifth gen and two from sixth gen.

I think he's counting 4th gen in that total, there were five 4th gen games, which makes 11.

If there's past generation starters, legends, returning back in OR/AS, I just hope that we get to catch them with their hidden abilities. I think we're being biased in our theories, and speculations a bit. We have to wait, and see, only time will tell.

Chespin777 said:
If there's past generation starters, legends, returning back in OR/AS, I just hope that we get to catch them with their hidden abilities. I think we're being biased in our theories, and speculations a bit. We have to wait, and see, only time will tell.

IDK how they plan on distributing legendary HAs, but it probably won't be through random encounters. Just like how normal Pokemon's HAs are not randomly obtained in the wild, they're through special methods like an add on (Dream World, Dream Radar), a special encounter method (Hidden Grottos, Horde Battles, Friend Safari), or through an event. For the time being, legendary HAs have only been obtained through the first and third method (the 2nd gen mascots, the 4th gen mascots, and the Kami trio have had their HAs obtained through the Dream Radar, Mewtwo's has been through an event), I'm not sure what kind of special encounter method they could use for legendaries.

Bolt the Cat said:
Chespin777 said:

IDK how they plan on distributing legendary HAs, but it probably won't be through random encounters. Just like how normal Pokemon's HAs are not randomly obtained in the wild, they're through special methods like an add on (Dream World, Dream Radar), a special encounter method (Hidden Grottos, Horde Battles, Friend Safari), or through an event. For the time being, legendary HAs have only been obtained through the first and third method (the 2nd gen mascots, the 4th gen mascots, and the Kami trio have had their HAs obtained through the Dream Radar, Mewtwo's has been through an event), I'm not sure what kind of special encounter method they could use for legendaries.

Hidden Ability Capsule in ORAS or XZYZ
ba dum tsss xD
that would do the job

Heatran will obviously be caught in the heart of Mt.Chimney, they'll ditch Magma's hideout, which is at the same time where Groudon resides, and asleeps, and awakened in Pokemon Emerald, and replace it with a trial where you explore it, so you can confront, and capture Heatran.

Explain me again the logic behind them putting legendaries in ORAS that were just available in the previous games (BW2)...

If you take a look at the legendaries in BW2, you'll notice, the only legendaries not available are:
-Version mascots of Gen 2, 3 and 4 (Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina)
-Mewtwo
-Legendary birds
-Legendary beasts
All of them were available in HGSS, the last game of gen 4 (the creation trio needed events, so I'm not sure if it counts, but the regis were only available in gen 4 through transfer or events, so I think it should count)... The only legendaries that were in HGSS that are also available in BW2 are the Latis... they're are repeating those too much but anyway...
So, they didn't make all legendaries available in gen 5, meaning you still had to use gen 4 games to get all legendaries in gen 5...

As such, why the hell would they include in ORAS legendaries that were just available in BW2?? In the 3rd Kalos game, they may include some but in ORAS, I doubt it... Even then, I'm pretty sure they're not gonna make the Gen 5 mascots available in Gen 6 in any game... The musketeers make sense to appear in the 3rd game, the Kamis may appear in ORAS or the 3rd game too, but the Tao Trio? Highly unlikely IMO...

From the list I made above, Mewtwo and the legendary birds were already covered in XY and the weather trio is obviously covered in ORAS...

The legendaries I believe they may include in ORAS (other than the Hoenn natives) are:
-Regigigas (it's obvious)
-Lugia/Ho-oh - possibly through Navel Rock like in Emerald, though I would prefer if they didn't need events... another way is if they make it so you need to bring one bird (from XY) to access Lugia and one beast to access Ho-oh... As such:
-Legendary Beasts - this sounds reasonable, maybe 1 per starter like the birds in XY and the beasts themselves in FRLG (even though they were tied with the Kanto starters back then)...
-As for the creation trio... they may pull the same trick they did with the weather trio in HGSS, Dialga in one game, Palkia in the other and get both to access Giratina... But for some reason, I feel like they should be saved for the 3rd Kalos game...
Also, I expect Cynthia to appear in Hoenn to give one of the three Sinnoh starters à la Steven Stone...

And that's it... No Lake trio, Heatran, Cresselia, or any Gen V legendaries... No need for such thing...

Metalizard said:
Explain me again the logic behind them putting legendaries in ORAS that were just available in the previous games (BW2)...

If you take a look at the legendaries in BW2, you'll notice, the only legendaries not available are:
-Version mascots of Gen 2, 3 and 4 (Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina)
-Mewtwo
-Legendary birds
-Legendary beasts
All of them were available in HGSS, the last game of gen 4 (the creation trio needed events, so I'm not sure if it counts, but the regis were only available in gen 4 through transfer or events, so I think it should count)... The only legendaries that were in HGSS that are also available in BW2 are the Latis... they're are repeating those too much but anyway...
So, they didn't make all legendaries available in gen 5, meaning you still had to use gen 4 games to get all legendaries in gen 5...

As such, why the hell would they include in ORAS legendaries that were just available in BW2?? In the 3rd Kalos game, they may include some but in ORAS, I doubt it... Even then, I'm pretty sure they're not gonna make the Gen 5 mascots available in Gen 6 in any game... The musketeers make sense to appear in the 3rd game, the Kamis may appear in ORAS or the 3rd game too, but the Tao Trio? Highly unlikely IMO...

From the list I made above, Mewtwo and the legendary birds were already covered in XY and the weather trio is obviously covered in ORAS...

The legendaries I believe they may include in ORAS (other than the Hoenn natives) are:
-Lugia/Ho-oh - possibly through Navel Rock like in Emerald, though I would prefer if they didn't need events... another way is if they make it so you need to bring one bird (from XY) to access Lugia and one beast to access Ho-oh... As such:
-Legendary Beasts - this sounds reasonable, maybe 1 per starter like the birds in XY and the beasts themselves in FRLG (even though they were tied with the Kanto starters back then)...
-As for the creation trio... they may pull the same trick they did with the weather trio in HGSS, Dialga in one game, Palkia in the other and get both to access Giratina... But for some reason, I feel like they should be saved for the 3rd Kalos game...
Also, I expect Cynthia to appear in Hoenn to give one of the three Sinnoh starters à la Steven Stone...

And that's it... No Lake trio, Heatran, Cresselia, or any Gen V legendaries... No need for such thing...

We shouldn't have to rely on transfers to complete the Pokedex if we don't have to. In 5th gen it was unavoidable because we only had 2 games and there wasn't enough room in BW2 for all of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen legendaries, but the way this gen is shaping up, that's not really an issue. It looks like we're getting 3 games, and there's plenty of room for all of the remaining legendaries in those games.

And God help us if Bank loses compatibility with 5th gen by the time 7th gen rolls around. Then you couldn't use transfers anyway and there'd be no way to obtain those legendaries after that.

Metalizard said:

-Mewtwo
-Legendary birds
-Legendary beasts

I think anything relevant to Unova should exsist, in the next kalos part 2 games, that's because Unova, and kalos are connected somehow. Pokemon is marketing they have to move past generation Pokemons into new games so fans, and newcomers alike buy the new games depending on the exclusive content of the games have. Right now OR/AS should focus on gen 2,3, and 4 starters, and legends. Kalos brought back gen 1 starters, and legends. They brought them back with an improvements like mega evolutions.

I'm only interested in seeing Deoxys or Jirachi (but mostly Deoxys) available without the need for an event. I really thing that Prof. Cozmo, the Space Center in Mossdeep and the meteorite "quest" could have been put to better use, namely a story for one or both of those Pokémon.
Aside from that...I would like to see foreign legendaries kept to a minimum and better yet, none from Isshu and Kalos! About roaming ones...legendary beasts don't make sense to me since Hoenn is an archipelago (even if the beasts are capable of jumping great distances) and the same goes for the Musketeer trio; I hate the Lake trio and so the Bird trio remains, despite beeing sick of seeing them too much. Speaking about Heatran, I think it's inclusion woud feel like a cheat move when there's Groudon, even if being remakes and so there's no Magma hideout inside Mt. Chimney.

These are the legendaries that should be available.
Regigigas (duh)
Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus ( need some more roaming pokemon, anyways)
Mewtwo (via an event)
Deoxys (no event)
Legendary beasts (Entei in mt.Chimney, Raikou in new Mauville and Suicune in Shoal Cave)
Ho-oh and Lugia(Navel Rock)
as well as all other gen 3 legendaries( the regis,latias,latios, OBVIOUSLY groudon and kyogre, rayquaza,jirachi)

woohoo962 said:
These are the legendaries that should be available.
Regigigas (duh)
Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus ( need some more roaming pokemon, anyways)
Mewtwo (via an event)
Deoxys (no event)
Legendary beasts (Entei in mt.Chimney, Raikou in new Mauville and Suicune in Shoal Cave)
Ho-oh and Lugia(Navel Rock)
as well as all other gen 3 legendaries( the regis,latias,latios, OBVIOUSLY groudon and kyogre, rayquaza,jirachi)

I'd rather they ditched Mewtwo for another legendary, considering we just saw it in X/Y.
The Beasts should be done ala the birds in X/Y (where you get one depending on the starter, it roams around and then stays somewhere)
Tornadus/Thundurus should be version exclusive roamers (like they were in B/W), when you get both take them to some place Landorus comes.

What about Mew? If I recall Mew was available through an event in Pokemon Emerald. It was accessible through the birth island, if I'm correct?

I think these non Hoenn Legendaries should be capturable

Regigigas (does this really need an explanation?)
Mew (It was on Birth Island)
Ho Oh/Lugia (For Navel Rock, islands like those were fun, now only if the island had patches of grass containing only Johto Pokémon)
Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus (On an island like Navel Rock with Unova Only Pokémon)

OR/AS will host a plethora of legends if my calculations, and predictions are correct, here's what we're likely come across.

Mew (Event)
Ho-oh (Omega Ruby) / Lugia (Alpha sapphire)
Entie
Raikou
Suicune ( Roaming Johto beast depending on Johto Starter choice)
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Groudon (Omega Ruby) + Kyogre (Alpha Sapphire)
= Rayquaza
Latios (Omega Ruby) / Latias (Alpha Sapphire) (Possibly You'll get the other version exclusive counterpart holding its mega stone through an event)
Jirachi (Event)
Deoxys(Event)
Mesprit
Azelf
Uxie ( Roaming Sinnoh Pixie depending on Sinnoh starter choice)
Dialga (Omega ruby) + Palkia (Alpha Sapphire)
= Giratina
Regigigas
Heatran
Cressilia (Honestly I don't know what will happen to Cressilia in OR/AS?)
Shaymin (Event)
Manaphy (Event)

So, there are 18 legends per version, excluding the events. If we add the events makes the total 24 legends obtainable in OR/AS, and 4 version exclusive legends per version. I don't think we'll have lots of roaming legends in Hoenn since it is archipelago. It's most likely the legends that are based on starter choice will be caught in areas that host one of the legends, based on the starter you chose.

Back