Official E3 2014 Discussion Thread

Pineapple X said:
Uncharted 4! ^_______^

I love Uncharted. I've spent hundreds of hours on both their campaigns and multiplayer. Also, "A Thief's End" sounds really awesome but I'm scared it'll also be the end of Nate or even the whole series ;-;

I hope it's the end. A good franchise deserves to have a proper ending instead of being milked to death like Halo.

I only found ubisofts stuff mildly interesting so far (I mean, I'm not into realistic racing games, but they manage to make even that look interesting..besides visually I mean). And bits from sonys presentation (in particular No mans sky, with out-of-nowhere trailer-music from my favourite band that no one knows 65dos <3).

jesus christ EA was a pain to watch. I promised myself to never watch EAs presentations again.

NOW GIMMIE NINTENDOOOOO

):

how about f-zero?...no? okay, i give up.

Welp, Nintendo is officially playing music to get us hyped.
13 mins left.
And now there's a funky bass-line
6 mins left

Mii's confirmed for Smash Bros. 3 versions of them: Brawler, Swordmaster, and Gunner. Smash Bros 3DS launches October 3. Wii U release still slated for Winter 2014.

Yoshi's Wooly World comes out next year. Looks cute.

NEW ZELDA NEXT YEAR OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Mario Maker leak was legit. Cool.

Bayonetta 2 comes with the original Bayonetta. And costumes. Everyone loves costumes.

Splatoon looks alright. A bit too kiddy for me. It's a nice concept, but I'll need to see more.

PALUTENA SMASH BROS LEAK WAS LEGIT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH

Star Fox Wii U confirmed.

9/10 - some cool stuff, but I wish they showed more

EDIT: HOLY SHIT THEY ANNOUNCED MARIO PARTY 10

I... want... a... WiiU...
I'm almost crying I want a WiiU.
Before Mario Kart 8 came out I couldn't care less about the WiiU.

But now... ;__;

Where's my Majora Nintendo? You're ready, you can do it, please Nintendo....

But a Non-Linear Zelda will do just fine for now. So good job there.

Nintendo just won E3. The games were a little casual, I admit (Kirby and the Rainbow's Curse, Yoshi's Woolly World, Splatoon), but there's some interesting concepts behind them. Definitely want a Wii U now. I give Nintendo an A.

I've been hoping for a 3D 2D The Legend of Zelda (3D game, but using the vast and diverse overworlds of the 2D games) since forever, I hope the new Zelda finally delivers. Skyward Sword was such a disappointment in this respect...

The Captain Toad game looks awesome, Yoshi's Wooly Whatever looks cute as hell, Kirby's Stop-motion Canvas Curse looks hilariously ridiculous, Palutena and Mii for SSB4 were expected, I'm surprised X is actually a new Xenoblade (same universe?) and Mario Maker should be fun, I guess. There, I think I covered everything.

Can't wait for the Star Fox announcement in a bit (if the leaks/TIME article are correct) and the Smash invitational later today. My official prediction for the invitational is HugS, because he's neither the underdog nor someone the others will team up against in FFA, and I'm guessing the final match will mostly be decided by whoever happens to pick the least balanced character, which might as well be HugS. I hope DJNintendo wins, though, especially if he brings his Bowser plush.

Didn't really watch the other conferences, couldn't care less, whatever.

Oh come on are people seriously calling Splatoon kiddie and Casual already? That looks like THE best game of E3.

I'm really surprised nothing happened with Pokken Fighters! So it's not real? I was really really hoping that would be confirmed. :/

At least we got an awesome looking new Kirby. The world needs Kirby.

Retro_on_theGo said:
Oh come on are people seriously calling Splatoon kiddie and Casual already? That looks like THE best game of E3.

Kiddie =/= bad, you know. But you have to admit, it is pretty kiddie for a shooter. When people think of a shooter, they usually want something dark and gritty like CoD, not Squid Paintball. An interesting game for sure, but not exactly one that would appeal to the hardcore gamer.

Retro_on_theGo said:
I'm really surprised nothing happened with Pokken Fighters! So it's not real? I was really really hoping that would be confirmed. :/

There's more to come ;D

http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Bolt the Cat said:
Retro_on_theGo said:

Kiddie =/= bad, you know. But you have to admit, it is pretty kiddie for a shooter. When people think of a shooter, they usually want something dark and gritty like CoD, not Squid Paintball. An interesting game for sure, but not exactly one that would appeal to the hardcore gamer.

I've been calling it Nintendo's version of Team Fortress 2. There are some similarities XD. It looks like it could be a fun time.

^ Was quite literally about to make the same analogy. If the game is as it looks in the trailers and gameplay we've seen, it looks like a strategic shooter and not for kids at all.

Back