Officious Halloween 2k12 Thread (cake walk!)

not dressing up, not going trick or treating, probably not decorating or doing pumpkins (tho those are both more due to lack of time than anything else)

feel like i've outgrown it a bit, and as far as costuming goes, my favorite part is coming up with an idea and figuring out the execution. the actual buying and using of the idea is pretty meh to me.

juunkmilk said:
Man when is Vulpix Yolk gonna come in here end tell everyone about his brilliant Halloween plan?
✌☹✌

It was my brilliant Halloween plan, get with it man!
And for all of you who haven't heard of it already, me and Vpicks, TheLostZone and our other pal Osha are going to harass neighborhood children, and try to bring Tupac back while riding a Shiny Rayquaza.

6-Dimension said:
not dressing up, not going trick or treating, probably not decorating or doing pumpkins (tho those are both more due to lack of time than anything else)

feel like i've outgrown it a bit, and as far as costuming goes, my favorite part is coming up with an idea and figuring out the execution. the actual buying and using of the idea is pretty meh to me.

I'm a communist

We know man, we know. But really, how can you not celebrate it at all? You should totally come with us! We're doing legendary stuff.
Legendary.

Meatheart said:
It was my brilliant Halloween plan, get with it man!
And for all of you who haven't heard of it already, me and Vpicks, TheLostZone and our other pal Osha are going to harass neighborhood children, and try to bring Tupac back while riding a Shiny Rayquaza.
No not that plan! I thought that was Jake's plan anyway.
I'm talking about the "come to death row" thing.
Also b4 we go to ur hood for the ceremony we should do stuff in my hood 'cause I'm obligated to go to my dad's party, and osha lives by me.

6-dimension said:
i am dum pls guide me to tha right choice
6-D You are hurting my feelings, making and wearing costumes is fun! I also kinda hate walking, and candy, but the costumes are the best part! Come on man! You've done so many great things in the past don't let down the world now!
I mean, Michael Jackson, Rick Astley back when it was still really funny, Eddy Bull.
THE WORLD IS WAITING FOR YOUR COSTUME JOSE
✌☹✌

juunkmilk said:
No not that plan! I thought that was Jake's plan anyway.
I'm talking about the "come to death row" thing.
Also b4 we go to ur hood for the ceremony we should do stuff in my hood 'cause I'm obligated to go to my dad's party, and osha lives by me.

I planned on goin' to your party anyhow. Sounds fun.
You better come with us to my hood it's gonna "rock socks!"

I'm making a sign reading
"IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YOU ARE EASILY DISTRACTED."

That's my costume as well as my catchphrase.

juunkmilk said:
6-D You are hurting my feelings, making and wearing costumes is fun! I also kinda hate walking, and candy, but the costumes are the best part! Come on man! You've done so many great things in the past don't let down the world now!
I mean, Michael Jackson, Rick Astley back when it was still really funny, Eddy Bull.
THE WORLD IS WAITING FOR YOUR COSTUME JOSE
✌☹✌

since people here don't know me, i'm into dressing up as really obscure things as halloween costumes

since i was a kid i've been like

the mascot of our local college
the main character of cave story
rick astley (like 3 years ago, people hadn't quite caught on yet)
a specific outfit of michael jackson's in a specific video
an ewok (people thought i was a bear ;(()
eddy bull, a character from the HBO quiz show "crashbox"

2jfoft.jpg

Here's a picture of last year's costumes!
6-D is on the far left, Eddy Bullying it up! Next is juunkmilk, dressed as the human from Animal Collective's video 'Peacebone.' Then there's Nayla and Corrina as Velma and Fred respectively. I'm the short one in the flannel. I was supposed to be a Fever Ray fanboy because I got to lazy to actually make the Budew costume I was going to be originally, but then I got cold so I covered my Fever Ray shirt with a torn up flannel. Then there' Mohit, dressed as Guyzurz, his rap persona.

I'll post pictures when I'm done with it. I'm going to be dressing up as V from V for Vendetta. I'll have a sign coming out of the hat saying "Don't Worry. I'm from the internet." I'm just waiting on some fabric to ship to finish.

Meatheart said:
NidoJosh said:
Eh not too big on Halloween. Seems like a really American thing aha
I did it a bit when I was younger to just get free lollies and chocolate

Where do you live, if I may ask?
I don't really see it as only an American thing, it's just we have the crazy massively overproduced Halloween, where most other countries just have simple celebrations.
I like candy a lot and all, but on Halloween it's the least of my cares. I like the whole spirit of the night, which is why I appreciate the Day Of The Dead celebration in Mexico. That stuff sounds amazing.

I live in Australia.
Australia really doesn't have its own unique celebrations due to how multicultural it is.. but yeah it isn't that big over here like I see in the U.S.. due to it not really having the same meaning as it did when it was started over there.

NidoJosh said:
Meatheart said:
Where do you live, if I may ask?
I don't really see it as only an American thing, it's just we have the crazy massively overproduced Halloween, where most other countries just have simple celebrations.
I like candy a lot and all, but on Halloween it's the least of my cares. I like the whole spirit of the night, which is why I appreciate the Day Of The Dead celebration in Mexico. That stuff sounds amazing.

I live in Australia.
Australia really doesn't have its own unique celebrations due to how multicultural it is.. but yeah it isn't that big over here like I see in the U.S.. due to it not really having the same meaning as it did when it was started over there.

I heard from my sister's partner, who lives in Australia, that Halloween is growing over there. At least among the hip twenty-somethings of Sydney.
✌☹✌

Non Sequitur said:
My friends and I might do the characters from Adventure Time. We're already doing that about a week from now for Spirit Week at our school, so why not Halloween too?
I'm Finn, because I'm the moderately tall, skinny white kid. My friends are going to be Jake, Ice King, and Marceline.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
I'm going to be finn. I have the hat from the DVD, I will get a blue shirt (or wear my mario mushroom t-shirt for bonus points) buy a gren bookbag, and where some shorts. I'm going to a really small mall or a rich people subdivision. I had to buy my own snickers at the mall last year since I didn't get too much candy last time, but who knows?

TheLostZone said:
im goingas my fav charecter adeventure tyme charecter Jake. or a bawng

Looks like we got a lot of creativity this year, eh?

gawd what is this world coming to

I used to go trick or treating, but I just hand out candy now. I do actually dress up. The scrubs I buoght when I was going to college along with my stethoscope always make a good costume. I could always wear my Professor Lab Coat too. I don't even have to try. :p

I have a friend who is named Kelt he is dressing as me this Halloween
I'm gonna loan him some clothes u know
✌☹✌

juunkmilk said:
NidoJosh said:
I live in Australia.

I heard from my sister's partner, who lives in Australia, that Halloween is growing over there. At least among the hip twenty-somethings of Sydney.
✌☹✌

Yeah it's definitely growing haha. I don't know about Sydney but in Brisbane it has grown quite a bit over the last few years

Sounds good. there's not much to mine, its pretty low budget, since I kinda need a bookbag/backpack anyways.

I think I'm redoing my costume idea to just go as the deck FlyChamp. Like, I'll wear a toploader necklace with a Flygon and Machamp and paint my face like a Flygon.

I'll not be answering the door and doing a spooky laugh as I watch the kids walk off disappointed through the bedroom window.

Will be playing some fitting games though. Silent Hill, Project Zero...Sonic Adventure 2...
I'll be hoping for a Game Grumps Halloween special as well as Adventure Time, because this thread seems to be about AT Halloween.

Back