• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Oh Yeah! Night March for Regionals! (Joltik / Pumpkaboo / Lampent / Mew EX)

RE: Night March for Regionals (oh yeah!!)

Ivy_Profen said:
Though if you take out the flareon, you have an auto loss to pyroar. Though its not much better with only 2 flareon.

my son ran 1 Gourgeist and 1 Celebi EX.
He beat Pyroar during regular round and Pyroar 2-0 in Top Cut.

I agree with the other post, go with the power lineup 4-4-4-4 (Mew EX).

look at it another way. is the Flareon line worth the chance of seeing Pyroar...

Loli Bacon said:
I still think the gourgeist variant is the strongest. I've played some of the other ones and while they have a faster setup/damage, they also auto lose to certain matchups. Gourgeist variant has some hard matchups, but it doesn't auto lose to any of them, and still takes out Pyroar.

Go play test, and play whatever you think is strongest for you.

totally agree. this was the "winning" approach my son used.
we also have 2 special energy, so in non Pyroar games... can use Gourgeist with 200 HP to stall... and/or retreat if used with Mystery Energy. Plus since its paired with Celebi, Gourgeist can still use Night March attack.

I use a very similar list and it plays pretty well, the only problem really is Donphan but I think that is just a meta problem.
I have played numerous games against siesmitoad and have to say you can actually beat them at their own game. Using quaking punch for one energy (MEW EX+Dimension valley) and denying them their items while still discarding your Pokémon with sycamore is a real blast.

I do run a Beartic line and basic water energy. Pyroar can come down on this deck hard as well and sometimes Flareon doesn't cut the mustard with 100hp

I'm a huge fan of this deck, i've been playing all the variations, and i've figured out the 3-3 flareon 4-4-4 marchs and 1 mew ex is the best (at least here in my region, which have lots of Yveltal,VirGen and Donphan).

This deck is pretty much perfect now. All I recommend, which isn't needed is
-1 Fire Energy

+1 Rainbow

This is just to mess with the opponents attacks. lol

Gengar master said:
THIRTEEN said:
Pokéflute was really good in agro decks, and the whistle will also be. It can deny certain setups, like in Speed Lugia, it can bring back easy kills, like Jirachi EX...

You would have to have a Lysandre to go along with it, which isn't going to happen much. It doesn't deny set up for Lugia EX. Lugia EX doesn't need much bench space except for 4 Deoxys EX. It is too easy to prevent this card, so it won't be seeing a lot of play. Too pointless to play a card that is easily prevented.

I think he meant you play it IN Lugia, to let it use the Ability on weak Pokes. Which I will definitely be trying along with an abundance of Lysandre/Catcher to swipe everything with low HP and win in 3 turns.

FaustVIII said:
Gengar master said:
You would have to have a Lysandre to go along with it, which isn't going to happen much. It doesn't deny set up for Lugia EX. Lugia EX doesn't need much bench space except for 4 Deoxys EX. It is too easy to prevent this card, so it won't be seeing a lot of play. Too pointless to play a card that is easily prevented.

I think he meant you play it IN Lugia, to let it use the Ability on weak Pokes. Which I will definitely be trying along with an abundance of Lysandre/Catcher to swipe everything with low HP and win in 3 turns.

Yea he probably did. In Lugia is really good

Loli Bacon said:
I still think the gourgeist variant is the strongest. I've played some of the other ones and while they have a faster setup/damage, they also auto lose to certain matchups. Gourgeist variant has some hard matchups, but it doesn't auto lose to any of them, and still takes out Pyroar.

Think about this!!!! :)
Gourgeist in this deck with....

68.jpg

"Each Evolved Pokemon in play can use any attack from its previous Evolutions. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)"
Allowing Gourgeist to use Night March....

Loli Bacon said:

Is there a list for the Gourgeist variant?

So played a deck very similar to this at regionals yesterday and was battered. I really like the idea but it can be too slow to set up. Celebi is just a massive lysandre target and sadly it is just too important in this deck. That and lysandre's trump card is being played alot, virtually nullify this deck.
I think this deck will really shine come the next set which would let you use mew and memory shrine. To have a tanky attacker (Gourgiest) and a quick attacker with mew/dimension valley? Running two stadiums could be tricky but could be good.

Why is it that I try to contribute by adding to my experiences with this deck only to return this morning and all my posts are gone?

I will repeat what i had said if I remember everything.

While I have fell victim to making every variation of this deck there is...which is mostly all netdecking....Its extremely cheap and annoying as hell. I would never consider this a top tier deck as I look at it as more of a gimmicky deck. As soon as this hit the internet it spread like the plague.

Lysandres trump card does efficiently take out this deck especially when running vs seeker also. It becomes more of an annoyance to the opponent and they likely will just concede. This has been my experiences with it. As Jirachi is a staple for most decks, you can easily ultra ball for your trump card and shut it down fast. Maybe it's just me but i have lost to all the variations of this deck but won more times then not. I believe the best build is with flareon...again...my opinion..The calebi ex build is to slow and clunky..In fact I don't think I ever lost to that version.

I guess the point I am trying to make is I hate when these extremely low budget decks hit the scene and spread like ebola. If you notice of all the decks listed in the deck garage,,,Night March gets most of the attention..You may say it can be flavor of the month or whatever but what i see is a lot of ppl jumping on an etremely low budget, albeit effective at times but the consistency is just not there with it. I would reconsider taking a deck like this to a tourney but to each their own.

A lot of people aren't comfortable with storm style (playing lots of cards with small effects in the same turn for an overall larger effect) decks as they aren't very common in pkmntcg. It's not easy to play this style deck, and it doesn't give as many "free wins" as other decks might. A person playing Night March has to use the combined effects of many bad cards to squeeze out a piwerful effect.

People who haven't played other tcgs aren't gonna be familiar with how to play these decks, or even how to build them. For example, Arco Bike is going to be amazing in thos deck, but anyone who has only played pkmntcg just looks and sees a bad card. The skill set required to play Night March is just completely different from other decks.

It's possible to play around Trump Card by simply not over extending. Hold a Batttle compressor and maybe a few other cards back if you already have enough out to win. If you play your entire hand and have nothing left, you are going to get destroyed by trump card, but if you hold back some it's a minor annoyance. The exception being when combined with an item lock, but that is there win condition.

Cheap decks are often plagued by new players who aren't usually as good ad veterens, and that gives the impression that the deck is bad, but in reality there is just less good players playing it. This makes it hard to gauge the power without personally playing it, and harder still to hzve a conversation on it.

When a cheap deck shows promise, people play it. If it doesn't outright suck, they keep playing it. Bonus points if it's interesting or different, Night March hits a high note with players, and I'm sorry if that bothers you, but you are going to be running into this deck over and over again.

SubStripSanta said:
Why is it that I try to contribute by adding to my experiences with this deck only to return this morning and all my posts are gone?

0b1.gif

It was removed because your post was more or less venting the frustration you have with this good, cheap, fun and easy to play deck. I mean, you did use this to describe your experiences: "I hate it...It is an extremely low budget cancer deck that is annoying as hell."

Cancer? Hardly. Fun? Absolutely.

Now, have I ever played this myself? Nope, sorry, nothing. Have I watched other people and played against it personally? Absolutely, and I enjoyed the matches. The players have a good time and so do I.

People reacted this exact way to Durant, of which my opinion remains the same as this deck: It's fun, it's legitimate, get over yourself.

SubStripSanta said:

While I have fell victim to making every variation of this deck there is...which is mostly all netdecking....Its extremely cheap and annoying as hell. I would never consider this a top tier deck as I look at it as more of a gimmicky deck. As soon as this hit the internet it spread like the plague.

Lysandres trump card does efficiently take out this deck especially when running vs seeker also. It becomes more of an annoyance to the opponent and they likely will just concede. This has been my experiences with it. As Jirachi is a staple for most decks, you can easily ultra ball for your trump card and shut it down fast. Maybe it's just me but i have lost to all the variations of this deck but won more times then not. I believe the best build is with flareon...again...my opinion..The calebi ex build is to slow and clunky..In fact I don't think I ever lost to that version.

I guess the point I am trying to make is I hate when these extremely low budget decks hit the scene and spread like ebola. If you notice of all the decks listed in the deck garage,,,Night March gets most of the attention..You may say it can be flavor of the month or whatever but what i see is a lot of ppl jumping on an etremely low budget, albeit effective at times but the consistency is just not there with it. I would reconsider taking a deck like this to a tourney but to each their own.

I would also remove this post due to the same reasons as above: Negativity and bad spelling/grammar, but unfortunately there is a response that has good discussion value. It's negative because you haven't given any advice, rather you have slammed his deck choice because you yourself consider the deck to be "cancer" and hate how cheap it is and how it "spreads like ebola". Firstly, with all the diseases you have just mentioned, I think the CDC should probably quarantine your post. :p Secondly, why are you even posting on someone's deck when all you're going to do is curse about it and say that it's cancer?

Allow me to impart upon you a piece of advice: If you have nothing to say other than to vent your own personal frustrations (which should be posted to Facebook or any other personal page/diary), then don't say anything at all. If a bucketload of people are, as you say, playing and enjoying it, then one or two negative comments here and there won't make much of a difference. Plus, not much sense bruising someone's pride just for the Alaskan Flounder.

... Get it?

Ahem.

I will not warn you with anything physical yet because of the fact that you are new, but please do consider this a verbal warning.

Kecleon-X said:
SubStripSanta said:

0b1.gif

It was removed because your post was more or less venting the frustration you have with this good, cheap, fun and easy to play deck. I mean, you did use this to describe your experiences: "I hate it...It is an extremely low budget cancer deck that is annoying as hell."

Cancer? Hardly. Fun? Absolutely.

Now, have I ever played this myself? Nope, sorry, nothing. Have I watched other people and played against it personally? Absolutely, and I enjoyed the matches. The players have a good time and so do I.

People reacted this exact way to Durant, of which my opinion remains the same as this deck: It's fun, it's legitimate, get over yourself.

SubStripSanta said:

I would also remove this post due to the same reasons as above: Negativity and bad spelling/grammar, but unfortunately there is a response that has good discussion value. It's negative because you haven't given any advice, rather you have slammed his deck choice because you yourself consider the deck to be "cancer" and hate how cheap it is and how it "spreads like ebola". Firstly, with all the diseases you have just mentioned, I think the CDC should probably quarantine your post. :p Secondly, why are you even posting on someone's deck when all you're going to do is curse about it and say that it's cancer?

Allow me to impart upon you a piece of advice: If you have nothing to say other than to vent your own personal frustrations (which should be posted to Facebook or any other personal page/diary), then don't say anything at all. If a bucketload of people are, as you say, playing and enjoying it, then one or two negative comments here and there won't make much of a difference. Plus, not much sense bruising someone's pride just for the Alaskan Flounder.

... Get it?

Ahem.

I will not warn you with anything physical yet because of the fact that you are new, but please do consider this a verbal warning.

Feel free to remove my posts...It won't hurt my feelings...I made my point..I even went as far as in saying I use it myself...so let's not pick apart my thread to your own accordance...That internet moderate power has gotten you by the balls bro...i said nothing wrong in my post and if you feel offended, I am sorry. Lastly, please let's not go there with the grammar issue....i browse these forums long before i joined and there is grammar issues all over...it's the internet buddy...get over yourself. As far as the poster who replied...I do agree with a lot of your assessments so I have no problems with that.

Overall as a player who has played in many tourneys and whatnot...i would not consider taking this deck to a tournament but again good luck to you..

To spiraling,

From my experiences if opponent starts off with an opening hand of Battle compressors which is very often...the march is on,,,Due to the pokemon in night march being mainly squishy, I would say their opening hand is most important. This is why I said I see many ppl concede...If that opening hand isn't strong they are likely in for some trouble..Likewise the same can apply to your opening hand...I didn't mean to start a war, I was honestly providing my take on this deck...Positive or not...opinions are opinions and one should not be knocked for not being "positive" It's an interesting deck...I have 4 diff builds of it...but I stand by my opinions

SubStripSanta said:
Feel free to remove my posts...It won't hurt my feelings...I made my point..I even went as far as in saying I use it myself...so let's not pick apart my thread to your own accordance...That internet moderate power has gotten you by the balls bro...i said nothing wrong in my post and if you feel offended, I am sorry. Lastly, please let's not go there with the grammar issue....i browse these forums long before i joined and there is grammar issues all over...it's the internet buddy...get over yourself. As far as the poster who replied...I do agree with a lot of your assessments so I have no problems with that.

Overall as a player who has played in many tourneys and whatnot...i would not consider taking this deck to a tournament but again good luck to you..

Even though I was as friendly as possible, even joking with you a few times, if you will forgive me, I will be very, very blunt in this message.

It's my job to pick apart people's posts, and I assure you power has not gone to my head. You were just being insulting to the OP, and I was giving you a chance to make amends to your actions. You chose not to do so, rather you chose to insult me and my job. I will give you a warning now.

I think we will go there with this spelling and grammar issue. It's my job to. Whether or not you've browsed this forum and others for a while, and are upset that your grammar is not up to par, well, good for you. It's still not up to par. Try to make it better in the future, yeah? And no, the moderatorial duties have not "gotten me by the balls" as you have stated, rather I am simply doing my job to keep the peace and keep things in order.

I wasn't going to remove the post not for your feelings, but for the feelings of the other man who responded to you. No sense removing a perfectly good post, no?

Back