Ruling old cards reprint, different art?

(TYranitarFReak)

need politoed ex! juz 1 more~~
in PK, old cards like blaziken, gardy, delcatty and magneton are reprinted. So can i use the RS version ones? since the art is different, i think it might not be legal to play with...

m0nster1nc is correct, the artwork does not matter at all. The texts on each card version is the same, so both versions are legal for play.

The picture is just like it's for decoration, so it's like it dosen't matter if the picture is the same or not.(even though I like the new art more)

You can play the older versions of a reprinted card (i.e Steven's Advice from HL can be used). However, there is a restriction, you can only use older versions of a card only, and only if it is within the EX: Series. The E-Series and below can't be used (i.e. The Expedition Copycat can't be used in Organized tournaments such as Nationals and Regionals).

ArmaldoEX said:
You can play the older versions of a reprinted card (i.e Steven's Advice from HL can be used). However, there is a restriction, you can only use older versions of a card only, and only if it is within the EX: Series. The E-Series and below can't be used (i.e. The Expedition Copycat can't be used in Organized tournaments such as Nationals and Regionals).

proof plz

Hmm, IIRC, Kaito got disqualified from the 2005 Nationals because he was using a E-Series Copycat, maybe they have changed the rules by now?

No I mean show me, an official ruling that says you can't.

Hmm, I can't get the official ruling, but maybe Kaito or Charizard can explain this further in detail?

Back