Online TCG beta launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. Wait, is the quoting working? :O
Afro-G said:
glaceon said:
I don't like that when you attack, there is a scene showing you attacking. Too time consuming.
All you have to do is click the screen and you can speed up actions like that.
dmaster said:
I'm getting the same error message as catutie. Kinda sucks.

dmaster out.
That's odd, I was getting that message at first too, but I just tried again later and it was working fine.
^I did to at first, but tried again and it worked.

But I hate having to do everything manual too.

It's very slow (even with animations turned off), retreating often makes the game freeze and the decks you can choose from are absolutely terrible.

True. The fire on is best, and the upgrades to the deck help. I can't attach or bench pokemon on Macs though :/. Any ideas?

StealthAngel667 said:
It's very slow (even with animations turned off), retreating often makes the game freeze and the decks you can choose from are absolutely terrible.
I didn't know you could turn animations off.... Can I ask how?

Afro-G said:
StealthAngel667 said:
I didn't know you could turn animations off.... Can I ask how?

There's an icon in the bottom left that looks like a grocery list. Click that and then game options or something.

just play around with the menu options
turn off sound and music as well as animation

the game plays quite smoothly
no real bugs or errors
it does freeze once or twice due to lag i think

overall, great beta. of course this should get better and better

as for deck customization, will all the cards be available, or do we have to earn them/scan booster pack codes?

This is great for new players to train or for players like myself that are just getting back into the game (Haven't played competitively since the WotC days). Very excited about this. Will be even more so once PVP is introduced.

I'm wondering if there's going to be an individual code on each card (think e-reader, just without the swiping?) to build your own decks or if all the cards are just going to be available to you.

Should be interesting to see once B/W comes out.

there are trainer tokens that you earn.
my guess is that those token will be used to buy cards

If that's the case, I'm definitely interested - the only reason I wouldn't play this is if it had some kind of sick duality like Magic Online did for a long time (does it still? I filed it under irrelevant a few years back).

Oh man. You get a card after every win, and the Tokens also let you buy packs + Trainer accessories.

Seems they pulled it down now though.

its technically just a deck improvement/unlock
each time you win, you unlock a new card in your deck
theres 3 decks to play with around 10 unlocks each

ApachePrime said:
Oh man. You get a card after every win, and the Tokens also let you buy packs + Trainer accessories.

Seems they pulled it down now though.

Bah! When did that happen? I've been playing for the last 2 hours and didn't see that come up.

Yeah... I'm a bit obsessed over the potential of this. I probably wouldn't be if I actually had people in my area around my age to play, but since I don't I'm doing figurative back flips at the moment.

Is it just me, or is the TCG Online down right now? My internet's finally fast enough so that I can actually play the game, but when I go on the website, it says the TCG Trainer Challenge is offline for maintenance... : (

Finished all three 'leagues' in a matter of minutes. I didn't really notice an upgoing difficulty ramp (it's been on Hard all the time) but that's actually a good thing because your starter decks stay bad even if you get all 12 improved cards. They need way more work than that...and some of them aren't really improvements.

hey people get off the game and stop hogging it...lol your making the server crash. arg i had to go to a party and i didnt get to play it to much. i like the water deck so far because of kingdra that you get.

@ StealthAngel667: It's just Beta. It'll get better : ) Besides, it's only meant to be a casual learning experience for now. The internet's a large, large advertisement, and PUSA's just using it for their product. Only later will they start catering to us more experienced players. That's where the Online Player vs Player option comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back