BW/BW2 Opinion: The Isshu Region & New York City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could definitely see Isshu being related to New York City. I'm not going to restate anyone's points because it had basically been summed up but if you have seen Google earth/Isshu region map comparisons, than you would most likely see where everyone is coming from.

I can support the speculation that Isshu is based off of New York from the link that howelllawson posted but I can also support the speculation that Isshu could be based off of Shanghai because of the shape of the area. Also Isshu looks similar to both New York and Shanghai.

The_real_Isshu_Region_by_alexf1996.jpg

Offtopic: I think the map thats already been show is the full map and i don't think it will be extend because they showed us the thing with the map where you can search for people via the high link and it showed the map we've already seen they probably would've already showed the whole map already. Ontopic: Someone showed a photo somewhere about a place in china it could've been shanghai or whatever but it looked exactly like isshu.

nick15 said:
It is possible that it could be based off both Shanghai AND New York City.

there is no active volcano in the real Kanto region

Of course, if there IS an active volcano there, then surely there isn't a real bicycle route similar to that which connects Celadon City and Fuchsia City.

there isn't a torrential desert in the real life basis for Hoenn like the one that exists on Route 111.

Let's say in the next year or so, an active volcano, a huge downhill bike route, AND a torrential desert all ended up in those exact places in Japan. =P Would you change your mind?

Nah, I'm joking.

But honestly, when it's ONE CITY that looks like New York, and ONE BRIDGE that looks like it's FROM New York, and everything else is mountains forests and deserts, it's hard to see New York.

It's sort of like looking down at your desk, trying to see the tree. =P

EDIT: It's the other way around, sorry. I'm analogically challenged.

Majora_787 said:
But honestly, when it's ONE CITY that looks like New York, and ONE BRIDGE that looks like it's FROM New York, and everything else is mountains forests and deserts, it's hard to see New York.
It isn't about cities. Look at the shapes, these are both the same, the rivers are the same, even the small ones in the northern part of Isshu. Like said before, it is not New York, it's only based of New York. And yes, there are enough people who do see the link, then you must question yourself if it isn't you ignoring the facts and not willing to see it is New York.

godzilla41 said:
Well the reason I never believed that it was NY is because What do people usualy think of when talking about newyork. No it's not Time square that comes to mind, its the Statue of Liberty which by means is not present in the map shown. So NY is out of the question (no dessert at all in NY either) :S

One thing people are forgetting, a region can be based on a real life place but it doesn't necessarily need to copy every last detail.

Isn't it possible that they only looked at NYC (or whatever real life place it's based on) for inspiration on the shape of the overall region.

Use the other Isshu Region Speculation thread (http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=78316&page=1) or Random Speculations.

*Locked*

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back