Original DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
d master342 said:
I have the original and a Lite. I have medium sized hands, but the screen saves my eyes on the Lite. I don't have to squint in broad daylight, just to see the screen. I heard another version of the DS is coming out; maybe third time's the charm.

dmaster out.

Jeez, I knew the original needed a few minor updates, but how can Nintendo make more improvements without having to call it a new system? Well, I won't be able to get one.

Well, for starters, it's going to be slimmer, which is always good. Bigger screens would also do the handheld good as well. They need to step up to the PSP, and currently, people are saying it's going to get beat by it this year.

dmaster out.

d master342 said:
Well, for starters, it's going to be slimmer, which is always good. Bigger screens would also do the handheld good as well. They need to step up to the PSP, and currently, people are saying it's going to get beat by it this year.

dmaster out.
lol, of course it is. If Sony keeps on focusing on the "core gamers", that's not going to happen. (seeing how I spend most of my days playing games, and I don't really have an interest in it means they're kinda failing at that too, Nintendo just has a bigger market, both core and casual.) The DS sold like more than 3 times as much copies as the PSP, and all of the DS' top-selling games just laugh at the PSP's. People say a lot of things, doesn't mean they're true.
But this is not the place to discuss this, so we won't, thank you.

You're the one bringing it to discussion. I tend to not believe everything random people say, but I do take it into account. I've also heard that the PS3 will beat the Wii in 2011 and that could be true. Not likely, but a very probable situation. True, the DS has a bigger market, and people everywhere are donating their PSP's and buying DS's, (I can name 10 off the bat.) but that doesn't mean that the PSP can't make a comeback in the near future.

I still love my Original DS, because I can use it for IV checking with my Lite.

dmaster out.

MUCKSTER said:
I have the origonal and I dont really see the sence of spending $150 on something I already have...
Exactly. I have the original and unless ur a nintendo fanboy which im not, you dont need a ds lite. it was an excuse for nintendo to release something because people were getting annoyed about how long it took to release the wii. Spend a good chunk of ur money, i dont care.

For people just getting a DS, the Lite works fine. That was the only option when I finally had enough money to get one, and I'm not regretting it so far.

the original one is much more sturdy and i prefered it but it broke by accident... so i got a ds lite and is great so far

I got the first gen Ds silver at a yard sale for $5 with a DS charger. It has worked great for the past year, the only problem is there is a broken hinge. I'm probably gonna buy a replacement case and fix it make it just like new, it's 30 bucks for a replacement case + screens + a screwdriver but hey that makes it a total of 35 bucks for a DS still pretty nice :)

my friends has dropped many times, and the rings didnt break, but the touch screen is completely wack.

I have dropped my DS Lite several times because my foot sometimes gets caught in the cord and nothing has broke and it still works like new.:)

I'm still planning/thinking of getting a DS Lite...I can't make the decision yet. Or should I save that sum for a language course?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back