Owner Pokemon Returning to the TCG and Team Rocket Set Teased at Worlds!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
As expected, 2025 will see the return of Owner’s Pokemon to the TCG — now officially called “Trainer’s Pokemon.” The closing ceremonies of Worlds just revealed Lillie’s Clefairy ex, Marnie’s Grimmsnarl ex, N’s Zoroark ex, and two prints of N’s Reshiram.

Lillies-Clefairy-ex-152x200.png

Marnies-Grimmsnarl-ex-2-149x200.png

Ns-Reshiram-1-143x200.png

Ns-Zoroark-ex-Ns-Reshiram-200x137.jpg

The new Owner’s Pokemon will work just like the original mechanic from Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge. They will evolve from or into their respective Trainer’s Pokemon and show their Trainer’s icon on the card. (Although this time, they can also be Pokemon ex!)

g2.088.mistys_magikarp-145x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
So hyped about this! Based on the trailer we're going to get trainer cards like Misty and Gold's.

OMG, that animation might be the most glorious thing I've ever seen at a Worlds presentation. Even ignoring Trainer's Pokemon and the new card reveals (which is very hard), they animated United Wings (Murkrow), Lost Box, Charizard, Chien-Pao Bax, Iron Hands, and Dragapult. Actual meta decks!!! It's hard to put into words how cool that was. I'm so glad these aren't the Tag Teams that everyone was fearing, the future of the TCG looks bright

Last edited:
Reshiram has the “Throughout heaven and earth” as background. Set looks dope and am excited to see what cards will be announced

Welcome back Zoroark GX, but to truly see its power we gotta see more of N's Pokemon. Reshiram alone is not going to even slightly cut it.

I'm so excited 😌 😁 I love this reveal so much. I'm so excited to play Trainer's Pokemon, a mechanic I wasn't able to play when I was little. They showed Arven and Mabosstiff, my top favorite trainer and Pokemon from Paldea. I was hoping so badly they get a card.

Also, in the R you see Mewtwo fly in it 😁

Also, Lillie's Clefairy's ability is sick. I know Drago will likely rotate before the trainer set comes out, but it'll keep Dragapult and any other broken Dragon cards in check. Fairy types are back!

I wish we had videos from the audience (maybe soon) of the live reaction to everyone showing up on screen. N may have caused a nuclear meltdown! XDXD

There were a lot pages reporting that the switch may not come this fiscal year meaning it would be after March and with the timed releases of these 2 sets, this pretty much confirms it like the article posted here a few weeks ago.

Owner's pokemon as themes is cool to see again, and I hope we get some off the wall stuff like we did with the mini-themes in late SM like Clay/Excadrill.

I'm not convinced on either N or Marnie's theme yet as decks, but there's still time. N's theme depends on how useful the rest of the attacks it can copy are, and Marnie's Grimmsnarl loads up energy but has a bad attack. I think Trade as a support pokemon will play out similarly to Bibarel, but will be a lot riskier as a 2-prizer in a game where OHKOs are more common than before. It's got similar utility to Pidgeot, I guess, and OHKOing it isn't horribly common.

The Clefairy ex is hilarious because it hard counters Drago Vstar, but if the thought that EUIC marks next rotation, Drago VStar will likely rotate by the time Clefairy ex comes out.

im wondering if the N’s reshiram art-rare style card has a new rarity marking? normally those kinds of cards have a single gold star but this one seems to have a white star? could illustration rares of owner’s pokemon be in a different category somehow?

Since Marnie's Morpeko is already in the name of the starter decks, we can also assume that most (if not all) of the mons accompanying the trainers in this trailer are going to get Trainer's cards. That means we could potentially have:

Lillie's Clefairy ex
Lillie's Comfey
maybe even Lillie's Cutiefly
Marnie's Grimmsnarl ex
Marnie's Morpeko
N's Zoroark ex
N's Reshiram
N's Purrloin
N's Sigilyph
N's Darmanitan
N's Klinklang
Arven's Mabosstiff (ex?)
Misty's Psyduck
Ethan's Pichu
Rocket's Mewtwo (ex?)

Last edited:
Looks like this confirms that the mechanic only let's you evolve Trainer's Pokemon from Trainer's Pokemon. Bummer. Evolving Steven's Metagross from the good Metang would have been awesome. And I would have loved to evolve N's Zoroark from that pretty Zorua art rare we just got. Hopefully this let's them make really strong and interesting EX's though!

Back