Palkia from Call of Legends (SL#8) [3/31]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
cotdcopy.png

sl8-palkia.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. Analyze the stats of the card (HP, Weakness, Resistance, Retreat cost).
2. Analyze the attacks (and/or Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies) of the card.
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. What techs can you use to combat the weak points?
5. How's the artwork?
6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

Posts MUST be more than one sentence long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted.

Bad, bad, bad, and bad.
Also bad
None..possibly gatr prime if you REALLY want to
Not play it?
5. How's the artwork?
5/5
6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

1/5

Good art, bad everything else

Typical HP of Palkia, standard Water-type Weakness, Retreat Cost typical of Legendaries
See #6
See #6
See #6
5. How's the artwork?
5/5. Love the Shiny Pokemon art on these cards.
From a collector's standpoint, it's a solid 5. But on every other term, it's a 1. These cards are meant solely for a binder, not for a deck unless under purely practical means (built an Overflow draft deck with a friend that revolved around him and shiny Kyogre, solely for spite).

5. How's the artwork?

1. 100 hp is perfect for a basic. 3 retreat cost really brings it down, lightning x2 weakness and no resistance is worst.
2. It has only one attack which is really pretty bad. no poke power/body. Its wormhole can only be said as worst then average due to its 4 energy cost. if its 2, at least its playable.
3. Combo, i could only say feraligatr prime, but overall it isn't playable unless theres some cards which is good when BW released.
4. Techs? erm, exploud, dodrio, but it would be really slow. as said, it won't be playable.
5. I will be abit exaggerating and say 5.1 / 5. I like its artwork.
6. Other than its artwork, i would say 1.5 / 5. As mentioned, it isn't playable unless theres some good cards to be teched.

My first card Review

-HP Is good for a Basic Palkia, Weakness are the typically for the newest cards, I can say anything about the resistance 'cuz I never seen a {W} Pokémon with Resistance, or maybe im too noob. Retreat cost is typical for Big Pokémons (Legendarys or like Steelix{M}, Torterra{G})
-It only haves one attack, that wants so many Energys and don't damage so much, compare it with Kingdra Prime.
-None :p
-I can't think one in this moment
5. How's the artwork?
-The artwork is the only thing I like about this card, I give it a 4.5/5.0
-I'll give it a 2.5 cuz they're Slow in anyway you see it (Retreat Cost and Attack), the only Reason why im giving this a 2.5 and not a 0 its because I like the HP and the Artwork.

Back