Paradox Pokemon Cards and Return of ACE SPEC Mechanic Revealed at Worlds!

Need Slither Wing reveal.
Anyway, really excited to see what they'll come up with Ancient and Future support. And to see how well Roaring Moon does.

With Baby Pokemon making their return, I wonder if we could also see the return of Ultra Beasts in the not too distant future. Maybe even contain them all to 1 set, sort of like how Fusion Strike came along as a third faction for only 1 set.

I suppose it makes sense to give the paradox bros their own battle styles, but I worry about a lack of versatility considering there is a finite number of paradox Pokemon whereas you could give anything a battle style if you wanted.

I suppose it makes sense to give the paradox bros their own battle styles, but I worry about a lack of versatility considering there is a finite number of paradox Pokemon whereas you could give anything a battle style if you wanted.
Basically ultra beast

Basically ultra beast
Ugh, that's right, there are about the same amount of Ultra Beasts as there are paradoxes, aren't there.

Hopefully both archetypes will be viable I guess

Iron Bundle is the old Phione except you can't loop it to prevent a deck out. Anyone wanna bet that the Ancient Energy Capsule is an ACE-SPEC?

Honestly would've thought they'd do a
Iron Moth ex
And a
Slither Wing ex
Much like iron treads and great tusk. Would've been sick to see.
But honestly these are probably the most unique labelxlabel cards in a while because of the extra canyon wall and digital touches to them. I hope they do like at least 2 other paradox mons besides Entei and Terrakion for the DLC just to give them a bigger pool of mons to make cards on. Makes me wonder if like the tcg sets will all come together in one ultimate set with all these features at some point in time. Imagine a set like the 25 year celebration set where we get level x, EX, GX, PLASMA, ULTRA BEASTS, MEGA, GOLD STAR, V, V MAX, V STAR, V UNION, and PARADOX, ex, and TERA ex. That'd be so insane but so awesome. Wishful thinking I'm sure.

Scream Tail: Not good 1
Iron Bundle: Could be a good tech in some decks 3
Iron Moth: Might be good 3
Brute Bonnet: What is ancient energy booster capsule? Also this probably won’t be good 1
Roaring Moon ex: No, no, please no 5
Iron Valiant ex: Ok cool 4

Not really, the attack cost isn’t really the best. If we had an e-generator for dark mons this would be better. Willing to test out some ideas tho
Max Elixir and Dark Patch both exist.

My two guess as to why the donphans came out early are:

1. They’re the first ones encountered in the video game as part of Arven’s story dealing with the 5 titan pokemon. 3 now have an ex (the donphans, Klawf, and Bombirdier), so we may get an ex of Tatsugiri and Orthworm down the line.

2. Design process change, maybe they were just going to be regular ex Pokemon until they decided to switch it up and give them special mechanics/cards supporting them since they’re the most “unique” aspect of this last gen. You can’t really do something like Team Plasma specific cards because the “evil team” in this game is technically just a bunch of students playing hooky in a wannabe gang, and there’s nothing like the fighting island in swsh to build off of either.
I don't know why everyone seems to forget this, but Koraidon and Miraidon are both also Paradox Pokémon. There was no way to delay introducing them, and at the same time you don't want to introduce too many mechanics in one set.

It would be so cool if we got Koraidon and Miraidon paradox cards, with their Winged King and Iron Serpent codenames

Max Elixir and Dark Patch both exist.

I don't know why everyone seems to forget this, but Koraidon and Miraidon are both also Paradox Pokémon. There was no way to delay introducing them, and at the same time you don't want to introduce too many mechanics in one set.
Max elixir + dark patch is very clunky. Running lugia archeops makes more sense for more consistent and reliable energy acceleration.

Roaring Moon ex is the worst card ever made.

Who-Would-Win.png

If we're allowed to be optimistic, the labels are still pretty generic. Ultra Beast were, well, specifically Ultra Beasts. You can probably slap in the Ancient/Future label to a non-Paradox Pokemon that fits the aesthethics fine, e.g. most of the Steel types for Future, and the fossil bunch for Ancient (or maybe non-fossil dinosaur inspired pokemon like Lapras and Tropius).

Only having Paradox pokemon currently revealed may prove me wrong easily, but a man can hope.

Back