• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

People think my deck is garbage (Garbo/Terra EX)

Puff-Sun

Gogoats
Pokemon:
3 Terrakion EX
3 Mewtwo EX
2 Terrakion NV
4 Trubbish NV
3 Garbodor DRX

I/S/S:
3 Heavy Ball
2 Ultra Ball
2 EXP. Share
3 Giant Cape
3 Rescue Scarf
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 N
4 Juniper
3 Cheren
2 RR
3 Switch

Energy:
11 {F}
2 {C}{C}

Strategy: Start Terra EX or Mewtwo EX, and get Pump Smashing T3 while setting up a Garbodor T2/T3. Stack Energy on a Mewtwo and sweep late game under lock.

Things I need help with: Terra/Mewtwo with no Garbo. It's faster and more consistent than me, and my Garbos don't help at all. They're also better at sustaining a Mewtwo War.

RE: Garbo/Terra EX

I feel like I should be not liking the Pokemon in this- mostly wanting to take out NV Terrakion for something else, but I really don't know what else or what at all really. Maybe I'll edit this part later.

Your trainer counts though, I'd advise 4 switch because a lot of things in the deck have heavy retreat costs. A lot of times people will Catcher in Garbo and just leave him out there while they setup. I would down your Cheren count to 2 in place of a Switch because you have a couple RRs to help anyways.

As for losing the Mewtwo war, this might come down to DCE counts. Try out 9/4 on the energy build or even 10/3, one more DCE can be a drastic enough change that you'll notice a difference. You won't really lose out on things you can PUS for energy to as the best use of NV Terra is for Revenge kills and I'd much rather have Mewtwo's ability as an all purpose attacker than having to get 3 energies on Terra just to do 90 every turn. The only other thing I can really advise is possibly Rocky Helmet. in place of Exp Share, that 20 dmg you do to them can be helpful in what you need to be able to kill them next turn when you setup or make them more aware of how and when they attack.

I've seen this deck in action.
Garbador makes it much slower and it is very easy to catcher ko garbador.
I would recommend taking it out for some extra speed.
Also, I would suggest you run more DCE and skarrow and/or switch. :D

garbodor decks are bad unless you are running sableye and crushing hammers with darkrai.

what happens when u come across a deck like quad terrakion ex with mewtwo? and u have 7 dead cards in your deck?
you're screwed. the idea is nice on paper, but it fails. play tested it for about a month and it didnt do anything.

Then you don't play down your Garbos.
And why in the WORLD would you play Garbodor with Darkrai? Garbodor in a deck with abilities simply doesn't work.
Against Mewtwo/Terra, you've got a hard matchup. Your best hope is to start a Mewtwo War and hope to come out on top. Every deck has it's bad matchups, but I felt like having incredible matchups against pretty much everything else was worth it.
I've playtested this deck a lot, and it's incredibly good against anything but Terra/Mewtwo (and that one Quad Shaymin >.<).
@irondragon I was running a 10/3 split at first, but I wasn't liking how I ran out of energy to pump-up smash with late game. EXP. Share is the only way I've been able to beat Terra/Mewtwo, since it's the equivalent of Pluspower in that situation.
Also, I'll definitely try dropping a Cheren for a Switch.

Puff said:
Then you don't play down your Garbos.
And why in the WORLD would you play Garbodor with Darkrai? Garbodor in a deck with abilities simply doesn't work.
Against Mewtwo/Terra, you've got a hard matchup. Your best hope is to start a Mewtwo War and hope to come out on top. Every deck has it's bad matchups, but I felt like having incredible matchups against pretty much everything else was worth it.
I've playtested this deck a lot, and it's incredibly good against anything but Terra/Mewtwo (and that one Quad Shaymin >.<).
@irondragon I was running a 10/3 split at first, but I wasn't liking how I ran out of energy to pump-up smash with late game. EXP. Share is the only way I've been able to beat Terra/Mewtwo, since it's the equivalent of Pluspower in that situation.
Also, I'll definitely try dropping a Cheren for a Switch.

Garbo/Darkrai is really good.

I have played and play test this deck. It is incredible and I can easily beat most decks in the fromat. Terra/mewtwo will give problems but as said before DONT palce your trubbish on the field. Terra EX over normal terra in this deck. I play 4 heavy ball because it helps me alot to get those terra/garbo. Also eviolite over EXP. Share and I even I don't play giant cape. Tool scrapper helps to get the OHKO to darkrai and helps against decks that run tonns of eviolite (registeel, klinklang, darkrai and heavy basics). I would run the 4th switch because it have help me a LOT in thos deck. Once I discarded my 3 switch in the first 3 turns and I was screwed. I even like cilan because if you have a 3 energy terra EX active just play cilan and get another terra EX with 3 energies.

I run a similar deck without the Mewtwo. I add in 1 more Terrakion NVI, 1 Terrakion EPO (good for the darkrai hydreigon match up as it allows you to OHKO an eviolited Darkrai and not have to deal with the 2turn KO war that Terra will lose if they have a max potion) and 1 bouff to deal with the occasional Shaymin.
This deck wrecks eels and darkrai/hydreigon. It is stable enough to last against the early game of Gartaira. In fact, the only thing i have had real trouble with is Ho-oh with Tornadus techs. I think 4 switch is necessary, because the garbos are catchered all the time. Also perhaps another exp share to keep enrgy on the board. I never run RR, but that is just me.

The problem for me is mewtwo eels. Sometimes you don't get that garbo before mewtwo is accelerated with energies and start KOing your terra. The only way I have gotten out of this is running mewtwo to revenge KO mewtwo and then take easy prizes with terra EX.

Any thoughts on Energy Retreival? You can get 2 energy out of the discard and immediately Pump-Up Smash them onto your bench.

Puff said:
Any thoughts on Energy Retreival? You can get 2 energy out of the discard and immediately Pump-Up Smash them onto your bench.

I've never found my self being short on energy. But i run 13 fighting energy with no mewtwos. That could be an interesting idea, although there may be better slots in this deck. Since it generally is a low number of pokemon in the deck and garbodor is key, I think super rod would be preferred as it can adjust to the situation rather than just give you energy. That said it is not an instant attach with superrod.

Back