Perfect IVs

superpokemon67

Aspiring Trainer
I just finished training a VGC 2011 team on White, but they don't all neccisarily have perfect IV's. I was wondering if it's absolutly neccesary to have perfect IVs or not. For instance, my Excidrill has an attack IV of 3-4 which is bad, but do I miss out on any on 1 or 2HKO? Remember that this is at level 50 with Unova pokemon only. Thank you!

Yes. Most (If not all) People at VGC's use perfect - near perfect IV pokemon, so it is almost mandatory for you to use them as well. Along with a good nature.

Yes. It is quite significent. Until the RNG for BW is cracked we can't have perfect IV Pokes. This is quite bad because they amount of work it takes to get so many perfect IVs with perfect nature is very long. This happens all the time when new gens are introduced. It may take until after the VGCs until it is fully cracked.

Thanks for the link! The problem is, my landorus and thundorus will never have perfect iv's now. *sighhhhh*
EDIT: I don't have an action replay and I don't have the patience to just catch a shiny. I'm not looking for shiny pokemon, but do I still need a secret ID to get perfect pokemon?

Unless I'm horribly mistaken, you only need your Mac Address to RNG for Black and White. Everything should be explained in the links at the end of the linked page.

OK, the process is reletively easy(at least for legendaries) I got a perfect Adamant Zekrom using RNG. What you need is your ds mac address. you input that into ds parameters and go to the last cave of victory road. You save, note the time down to the second when u start the game(not the ds). you get in the game(without c-gear on) and immediatly use sweet scent. Catch the pokemon and input the IVs into the ds parameters. the you go to time finder and choose the method(5 standard) and choose the type of pokemon you are looking for(wild, stationary, etc) then you enter in the other stuff needed and click generate(note, this will take a LONGGGGGG time) then multiple options will appear with the date and IVs and button required to push. Any more questions go to youtube and look up bearsfan's videos...

Hope this helps!

@superpokemon67: Your SID is combined with your regular trainer ID to establish "shiny spreads," meaning the particular seeds and frames on which shiny Pokémon appear, unique to your game. To add on with what's being said about the MAC address, that piece of information is taken into account when your game seeds itself in "Non C-Gear" (standard) format upon startup to eventually generate certain IV spreads on certain frames of gameplay (I believe it also directs PIDRNG seeding to get specific natures/genders/shininess, though I'm not 100%, it might be mentioned on the page). The new seeding variable was likely added to increase the degree of the game's "randomness" in the sense that now two different games can hit different seeds even if they're booted up at the same instant (which I suppose Game Freak felt made delay obsolete, though it's still present in C-Gear RNG abuse, explained on the Smogon page). Your MAC address is also combined with the region setting of your game, where even two of the same game in different languages will have a different seeding format.

I caught a Scraggy (Careful, Strong Willed) with 27/27/25/27/30/13 IVs and was wondering if that was VGC usable. A ShedRest Scrafty shouldn't be too far...

~AoH

^Of course it's usable. I know this one person who doesn't IV to perfection (gets right natures and decent IV's) and I must say, he is a very tough opponent. Your Scraggy's Defense and Special Defense are pretty good so don't worry. As long as you know what you are doing in the battle, have EV'ed properly, and a good moveset, Scraggy will be fine.

Arceus Of Heaven said:
I caught a Scraggy (Careful, Strong Willed) with 27/27/25/27/30/13 IVs and was wondering if that was VGC usable. A ShedRest Scrafty shouldn't be too far...

~AoH
Personally I would not use anything that isn't flawless or close as these slight margins in IV's could be the difference between losing and winning. I know that IV's won me my Top 32 game at last years VGC and probably some other matches, so I suggest that you try breeding for a flawless one.

Back