• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Permanent Paralysis - post guardian's rising

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon-13
2 Turtonator-dce 30 damage if heads paralysis
3 thunerous ex
1 shaymin ex
1 tapu lele gx
2 victini-new fliptini
2 machop
2 machoke-blocks bench damage

Supporters-9
3 Syacamore
2 N
1 Mallow
2 Lysandre
1 Olympia

Trainers-24
4 Trainers Mail
4 Vs Seeker
3 Acro Bike
4 ultra ball
1 super rod
3 Choice band
2 fighting furry belt
1 field blower
2 switch
1 special charge

Stadium-4
2 Ather Paradise Conservation area
2 rough seas

Energy-9
4 dce
5 lightning

Main goal is to use thuderous to achive a permanent paralysis or if missed hit for 90 to an ex/gx. More than likly will struggle against tapu koko and decks with high amounts of switching. Just looking for general thoughts as i will begin testing this week.

Any reason? Is it that you think it will be complete trash or that you dont want to play against decks like this? Idk man a reason other than "don't" would be helpful.

Not sure about the other comment, but I think the main reason I don't think it will work is similar to why it doesn't work on Agility decks. Yes you have a 75% shot at a heads using Fliptini and that pretty consistently makes that paralysis stick. However, a lot of decks are already teching in cards like Olympia and Hex Maniac specifically to deal with Deciplume. A lot of decks already tech in Escape Ropes for things like this as well. Hex + Olympia = death to this strategy because it negates it and this deck doesn't really have a hammer pokemon to really punish something even if the paralysis fails or is reset. All that is a long way of getting to "what about this" lol.

I think what I would maybe do is look at dropping the Machoke line (I get that you are trying to save Fliptini) and add in 2-3 Tapu Koko GX. Here is why. While the paralysis can get old (and it can get old), it doesn't work enough of the time to take you all the way through the game. I played a Serperior + Sceptile EX (agility version) with fliptini in an effort to do exactly what you are doing here. Paralyze and damage or use agility to wall. The Fliptini doesn't apply to Servine, but it is close enough :) Ultimately what happened is that the damage output I could do was enough to win against a wide array of decks roughly 50% of the time which, not surprisingly, corresponds pretty closely with how frequently the flips failed and my deck got overrun.

By adding in Tapu Koko GX, you now have a pokemon that can act as a beat stick once you have softened up some of their pokemon. It rushes in and sweeps which is something none of your other pokemon can do. It is also not longer *just* relying on flips. You now have a beat stick to go along with your flips.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Switch, Olympia, Escape Rope, Solgaleo-GX, Pokémon Center Lady, Magearna-EX, Zoroark BKT, Chaos Tower, Silent Lab, Hex Maniac, Garbodor BKP and sheer luck. That's why this simply cannot be competitive. However you can use it as a fun deck, on PTCGO, to grind the ladder with.

Back